Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    1. Yes

2. lol no. You absolutely want to use CS! Unless you think the boss is going to die before you get to CS again, pool rage prior to using CS, otherwise you can spam.

3. Yes, over vial probably, not sure off the top of my head though.

4. Use CS on cooldown, Execute as much as possible inside CS and don't use it outside unless you are going to cap.
    Thanks, that'll help a lot for my h tyrant progression

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I did change the action list, if you've kept up with the threads then you will have seen me mention it on multiple occasions.
    Re-ran, and on single target and on the priority target in HAC N-WB is over 1k DPS better than Horn...

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Re-ran, and on single target and on the priority target in HAC N-WB is over 1k DPS better than Horn...
    You see it depends on the rest of your gear, I saw a 300 dps loss from Mythic Horn to Worldbreaker normal. Also I set the rage to >90 for TC/WW, usually gives the best results (tho only in the range of 25-50 dps vs >100) on that particular change. Also, are you using the latest version of SC? (as in not the public front page one, but 620-02).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-07 at 02:11 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You see it depends on the rest of your gear, I saw a 300 dps loss from Mythic Horn to Worldbreaker normal. Also I set the rage to >90 for TC/WW, usually gives the best results (tho only in the range of 25-50 dps vs >100) on that particular change. Also, are you using the latest version of SC? (as in not the public front page one, but 620-02).
    This was with what a presumed was your character, Bigbazz on Hellscream EU, but when you had 3 pieces of T18 on. I see you now have are wearing both 2 sets of T17 and T18.

Yes, this is with 620-02.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    This was with what a presumed was your character, Bigbazz on Hellscream EU, but when you had 3 pieces of T18 on. I see you now have are wearing both 2 sets of T17 and T18.

Yes, this is with 620-02.
    Yep that's me, and I've been experimenting with a few things while I wait for 4th piece. T17-2set + T18 2set is by far the superior setup, even against ilvl from my ingame testing. But with that said I'm fairly sure I did the test based on my current gear but with chestplate of rolling fury (ilvl700 verse/mastery) and T18 710 helm, but with normal mode T18 shoulders equipped + 705 Calamity's Edge. Don't remember the exact details, only that it was a dps loss. Was before the 2set nerf to 50% was added to sim, I think.

I would not have simmed it based on not having the 4set, since that would not make sense in the long run. I'l re run the sim now in any case, this time with 710 Mastery/MS chest instead of 700 Verse/Mas.

Based on new test (todays SC build, mastery weapon enchant on 705 calamity, 710 mast chest instead of verse/mast), 4set etc.

-Mythic Screaming Spirits
    -Worldbreaker Normal

Now showing a 270 dps gain from Worldbreaker, was pretty much a straight switch of these numbers before. Still so close that it's not worth taking a Worldbreaker over other classes/specs, for Arms. Probably worth waiting for HC instead as I said originally!
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-07 at 03:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was doing your current gear, were it is a huge upgrade over Mythic Horn.

Just got my 4piece tonight, holy hell is this a wild bit of fun. Our guild has been putting it off until now, but we're going after Archimonde tomorrow. Any general recommendations on how to approach the fight as arms with 4piece, aside from 'rend the world'?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Just got my 4piece tonight, holy hell is this a wild bit of fun. Our guild has been putting it off until now, but we're going after Archimonde tomorrow. Any general recommendations on how to approach the fight as arms with 4piece, aside from 'rend the world'?
    Rend the world
    make it a better place
    for you and for me and the entire Warrior race
    there are demons dying
    make them bleed to death for the living
    make it a better place, for you and for me

Michael Hackson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Rend the world, CS the adds when they're low enough to be execute cleaved onto the boss (dunno if it's an overall raid damage gain but big fucking numbers), cleave the adds from the prisons whenever they run under the boss. Save CDs for bigass execute phases. Don't bother hitting the add with 100k~ hp though, range can deal with that little shit. Rend up the infernals but also don't switch to the boss, if you do the tactic where you stack 2 up they need to be prio'd. If you're going in a prison don't cradle the balls they knock you back.

It's not a super complicated fight on normal, having watched and been utterly terrified to even try HC I can't comment any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Rend the world, CS the adds when they're low enough to be execute cleaved onto the boss (dunno if it's an overall raid damage gain but big fucking numbers), cleave the adds from the prisons whenever they run under the boss. Save CDs for bigass execute phases. Don't bother hitting the add with 100k~ hp though, range can deal with that little shit. Rend up the infernals but also don't switch to the boss, if you do the tactic where you stack 2 up they need to be prio'd. If you're going in a prison don't cradle the balls they knock you back.

It's not a super complicated fight on normal, having watched and been utterly terrified to even try HC I can't comment any further.
    Haha cheers mate, yeah we're doing the stack 2 infernals method. A few people in guild have already pugged it so I don't think we'll have much issue.

As for 4piece... It's glorious. Did 60,200k dps on Zakuun ST, which wasn't bad. Seems to me that the golden number of targets to rend in order to guarantee reliable Mortal Strikes every gcd, is 3. If you just do 2, you'll still get droughts.

Chance of reset by target number is something like this;

1 = 50%
    2 = 75%
    3 = 87.5%
    4 = 93.75%

As you can see, once you start going past 3 rends you'll start getting substantial diminishing returns for the gcd's used to do so, as well as having your first rend start to actually fall off again, wasting the point.

What are the multi-target trinkets for ams now after all the nerfs? Specifically 2 target I suppose as that's mostly what you play arms on.

Deleted
    @Kalmakk: Rend has a huge DPET, it's almost always worth it to rend except for maybe Execute Phase paired with CDs and Encounter gonna end soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    What are the multi-target trinkets for ams now after all the nerfs? Specifically 2 target I suppose as that's mostly what you play arms on.
    I believe its Chorus and Worldbreaker's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaungayle View Post
    @Kalmakk: Rend has a huge DPET, it's almost always worth it to rend except for maybe Execute Phase paired with CDs and Encounter gonna end soon.
    My question is what is the cut-off to this?

For example:
    Rend is about to expire on target 3, but the other 2 targets have 8 seconds or more on them. CS is off CD and you are at 50% health. Do you rend target 3 or CD-->MS spam?

I finally got 4pc last night as well. I haven't gotten to try it in a raid yet, but dear god. Being able to have rend on 2-3 targets is like the heavens open and rain dps down upon your soul.

It's still pretty aids on pure single target though lol.

was wondering if anyone could help me out or guide me on setting up simcraft for pvp testing. i realize it's inherently a little harder to get completely accurate numbers with pvp but with the ashran/rbg rng conquest boxes this season im not sure if some of these epic pieces without mastery are actually better than the honor pieces with it.

what i really am looking for is a workable set of stat weights i can use going forward. i know they change based on the rest of your stats but i feel like the 15 ilvl difference is going to be really hard to overcome.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heeks/advanced is my armory any help would really really be appreciated brothers.
    Last edited by butkus; 2015-07-08 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    My question is what is the cut-off to this?

For example:
    Rend is about to expire on target 3, but the other 2 targets have 8 seconds or more on them. CS is off CD and you are at 50% health. Do you rend target 3 or CD-->MS spam?
    Well, even with high mastery, the DPET of Rend is about 20% higher than MS even without the 4pc bonus, and without accounting for the increase to RPS from TfB. Since SS takes the DPET of MS above Rend (again, without 4pc), you still want to MS on CD, but you certainly shouldn't stop rending unless the target is about to die. Of course the 4pc removes all question, Rend everything and keep it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Greetings mighty arms warriors,
    have a quick question:

Today, I got normal tyrant 2hand mace(278haste 149mastery 700ilvl) with socket but normally I have 695 tanaan weapon(225ccrit 159mastery). Do you think that I should use that mace or keep the tanaan 2hand? Thanks

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakin View Post
    Greetings mighty arms warriors,
    have a quick question:

Today, I got normal tyrant 2hand mace(278haste 149mastery 700ilvl) with socket but normally I have 695 tanaan weapon(225ccrit 159mastery). Do you think that I should use that mace or keep the tanaan 2hand? Thanks
    Unsure about which weapon to use? Go with the higher ilvl one for more weapondamage. In this case, you also got a socket on the higher one which should make it an easy decision to swap.
    Armory
    Haste only feels good to classes that truly benefit from it though. Can it be +Amp instead? Anything else really.
    "Classes that truly benefit from Haste" means... Everyone except Warriors. (And we're going to fix that.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 4p T18 tonight. Oh the joy of rending stuff up and spamming that mortal strike !!!
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.