10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Ok so I just tested Arms ST myself, and compared it to Fury, changing around talents and doing multiple attempts to try and weed out rng, and found Fog's mentioning of Arms ST being slightly ahead of Fury was true for me as well. A very, very tiny difference, only 1-3k variation, but for me Arms does more ST dps than fury with my current gearset. I don't even have an Unending Hunger. Just a Normal WBR and Mythic kagraz Horn. Best Arms settup I tried was actually still using Taste for Blood, because without it, the extra CS resets actually keep you rage starved a lot of the time.

Now, I'm not going to jump the gun here. I only tested this solo buffed (125 food, flask, str rune, AP shout) on the Shrine boss dummy 5min timer every time. But I tested it enough times over tonight to account for rng bias and Arms was ahead every single time. I'm going to test things in a live raid next week to actually confirm if the tests ring true, but considering dummies have no execute phase, and the sustained damage of Arms was winning already... my hopes of being a nonconformist hipster ST Arms warrior may still come true.
    Cheers for the effort. My dummy tests landed fury way ahead (more in range of 3-5k every single time) while sims showed arms higher by 1-2k. I might be doing things wrong ( doing arms wrong lol), but I find all this very odd.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post
    Cheers for the effort. My dummy tests landed fury way ahead (more in range of 3-5k every single time) while sims showed arms higher by 1-2k. I might be doing things wrong ( doing arms wrong lol), but I find all this very odd.
    Keep in mind, you're still enchanted for crit with Thunderlord. I'm mastery. That could simply be the difference for the entire argument. The specs could just be so close with the legendary ring that it's a personal preference, or simply skill based.

Deleted
    Hello ,

Been reading the forums for quite awhile but I haven't seen this mentioned since the Arms tier 4 piece was changed recently. I don't have the 4 piece so haven't been able to try this. But last week I got the archi trinket on normal, and I am currently running 2 piece T17 and 2 piece T18. I found that the trinket and T17 tier piece helped me a lot on single target with colossus smash resets procing T17 2 piece, and then in between that only very occasionally getting an MS reset from T18 so it felt really strong. Is 4 piece T18 still better than 2 piece T17 and 2 piece T18 on single target with worldbreaker?

I would try simulationcraft but it keeps crashing for me for some reason .

Cheers .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Keep in mind, you're still enchanted for crit with Thunderlord. I'm mastery. That could simply be the difference for the entire argument. The specs could just be so close with the legendary ring that it's a personal preference, or simply skill based.
    I don't have the ring though so I don't know. I'm going for crit still since I'm at a clutch area, Just over 30% raid buffed. I want more!
    But considering we're gemmed/enchanted different for the time being but still get essentially the same results maybe means the difference is mostly down to pure RNG, for both specs.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU

Deleted
    So it has been a long time since I've played Arms and now when I finally have the pieces to do so I was wondering about the execute phase. Ofcourse when your Colossus Smash is up you just want to spam Execute, but when that isn't the case do you then want to save up 30 additional rage for the extra damage or do you just keep spamming that Execute button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwave View Post
    So it has been a long time since I've played Arms and now when I finally have the pieces to do so I was wondering about the execute phase. Ofcourse when your Colossus Smash is up you just want to spam Execute, but when that isn't the case do you then want to save up 30 additional rage for the extra damage or do you just keep spamming that Execute button?
    Unless you have the class trinket, you start saving rage when it's about 10-15 sec left on CS to come off CD, be sure to not cap. By saving I mean you still hit only execute, just not every GCD.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU

So I just got my 4pcs for arms.

Is the latest build of simcraft taking into account the nerfs on the 4pcs t18 arms?

I need to see if it's worth to put 695 tier over 710 heroic gear.

Deleted
    Unless you have the class trinket, you start saving rage when it's about 10-15 sec left on CS to come off CD, be sure to not cap. By saving I mean you still hit only execute, just not every GCD.
    And by not hitting Execute on every GCD you mean saving up the 30 rage right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zyen View Post
    So I just got my 4pcs for arms.

Is the latest build of simcraft taking into account the nerfs on the 4pcs t18 arms?

I need to see if it's worth to put 695 tier over 710 heroic gear.
    The tier sets is still what makes arms somewhat viable. The sims should have the nerfs into consideration, but after I got some wonky results myself I'd say it's safer to test with all raid buffs in a raiding scenario.

For CS you wanna save as much rage as you can to fit the most amount of executes during that 6 sec window. Preferably 120.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU

The tier sets is still what makes arms somewhat viable. The sims should have the nerfs into consideration, but after I got some wonky results myself I'd say it's safer to test with all raid buffs in a raiding scenario.

For CS you wanna save as much rage as you can to fit the most amount of executes during that 6 sec window. Preferably 120.

I don't think it's updated, considering the build isn't released after the hotfix..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's updated, considering the build isn't released after the hotfix..
    The official release isn't but as I said, I went to the github, and the one I got was updated the 29th of July, which is after the nerfs. I'll download the one dated today and have another look, just to be sure.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU

You should be hitting 120 rage right around the point you're going to use Colossus Smash, generally the only time you cast anything that costs rage in between Colossus Smash is

A. You're going to rage cap early/waste rage, so you cast 1 execute.
    B. The boss is going to die before the next CS burst. In which case you spam Execute.

I can't speak for the class trinket since I still don't have it, it's not top priority for Arms and it's dropped only once.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Going towards Mythic council i just got M: Pebble dropped. Aiming progression, should I stick with my H:UHunger and H:WB or should i replace Hunger with pebble? Thanks!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bhxed View Post
    Going towards Mythic council i just got M: Pebble dropped. Aiming progression, should I stick with my H:UHunger and H:WB or should i replace Hunger with pebble? Thanks!
    Simcraft it.

Quote Originally Posted by bhxed View Post
    I believe that UHunger is still better than M Pebble (unless it's socketed) but then again, Like Xeley mentioned, sim it.

The official release isn't but as I said, I went to the github, and the one I got was updated the 29th of July, which is after the nerfs. I'll download the one dated today and have another look, just to be sure.
    do you have links to the github? I'm at a loss of how to get there, and would really like to see some decent sims.

What you want is downloads.simulationcraft.org

Keep in mind that these are all personal, working versions. There are no build notes, there might be bugs, they are possibly even experimental and contain changes that aren't necessarily in complete working order.

Of course, you probably won't notice any of this, but keep in mind that the public releases are public for a reason.

Just killed M Gorefiend. Going to go in for chemo tomorrow from the cancer I got from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have links to the github? I'm at a loss of how to get there, and would really like to see some decent sims.
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D
    As Archi said, they aren't final releases, so expect the unexpected.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU

Thanks guys for the replies.

Should've just spammed Archi on twitter, but that wont be nice.