Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It would be nice if Mastery could have separate bonus values for different abilities, to for example make Bladestorm/Stormbolt/Dragon Roar scale a bit better, the better our gear gets the further behind they get as it is and that sucks. Bladestorm is the iconic Arms ability and at the start it was even decent on single target, and now it's barely worth even looking at even on AOE, it would be nice if only even 10% of the value of mastery was applied to Bladestorm.
    That seems overly convoluted. It should just be a flat bonus, and the individual abilities tuned around having it. Or, you know, something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Or, you know, something interesting.
    Brains like that son you could be be a developer for Blizzard. Good joke.

It would be nice if Mastery could have separate bonus values for different abilities, to for example make Bladestorm/Stormbolt/Dragon Roar scale a bit better, the better our gear gets the further behind they get as it is and that sucks. Bladestorm is the iconic Arms ability and at the start it was even decent on single target, and now it's barely worth even looking at even on AOE, it would be nice if only even 10% of the value of mastery was applied to Bladestorm.
    Or, just change mastery so it increases your crit damage multiplier as arms. Like old axe specialization's crit dmg component.

Big ass yellow numbers? Check.
    Works on every ability rather than making some abilities useless? Check.
    Synergizes with critical strike stat, just like fury's mastery, and makes reck less shitty for arms? Check.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-09-01 at 12:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    Or, just change mastery so it increases your crit damage multiplier as arms. Like old axe specialization's crit dmg component.

Big ass yellow numbers? Check.
    Works on every ability rather than making some abilities useless? Check.
    Synergizes with critical strike stat, just like fury's mastery? Check.
    That might value up crit too much though. Again, another good idea that could work, Blizzard just doesn't care enough to fix it.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Are the shoulders from gorefiend viable against the heroic four set shoulders in any way ? arms or fury?
    lossing 70 crit but gaining 15IL's shoulders and 3% haste while losing 2% multistrike ish

edit, that also means using heroic chest set piece vs the mythic iron reaver chest..
    Last edited by Tomlye; 2015-09-01 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    Are the shoulders from gorefiend viable against the heroic four set shoulders in any way ? arms or fury?
    lossing 70 crit but gaining 15IL's shoulders and 3% haste while losing 2% multistrike ish

edit, that also means using heroic chest set piece vs the mythic iron reaver chest..
    That would be a 5 ilvl difference as you have to use tier chest piece (710) instead of iron reaver chest. You are also going to use a haste/crit shoulder + multistrike/haste chest piece over using a crit/mastery chest piece and multistrike/crit shoulder. I would probably go with no for both fury and arms, but it might have some use on non-bladestorm fights. Try to sim it, but only for fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Brains like that son you could be be a developer for Blizzard. Good joke.
    Dude, read his previous work. He could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Archi being in charge of our class would be a god send, for sure.

But him thinking Blizzard will give us something interesting? Didn't think that statement all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Interesting as that would be, they don't hire like that. Thanks for the support though!

Someday maybe I'll go work on games, but I don't think I'm the best idea man. Rather than creating something from scratch, what I'm good at is critical analysis; looking at a product and figuring out how it could be better. Because of this, I have a huge love for games like Morrowind->Skyrim, Fallout, etc.

Unfortunately that isn't a skill that's very loved by designers.

Deleted
    Unfortunately that isn't a skill that's very loved by designers.
    What, being right? Yeah I can't imagine you'd be very popular sitting their correcting their mistakes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    What, being right?
    God dammit, stop posting stuff when I'm drinking coffee. You owe me a new keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    What, being right? Yeah I can't imagine you'd be very popular sitting their correcting their mistakes
    Haha, more that many creative designers (disclaimer: Broad statement, not directed at WoW, any other game, or any person in general) don't like being told how their ideas could be better. In truth, most people don't like being critiqued period, but especially when dealing with creative works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, more that many creative designers (disclaimer: Broad statement, not directed at WoW, any other game, or any person in general) don't like being told how their ideas could be better. In truth, most people don't like being critiqued period, but especially when dealing with creative works.
    Just like clowns that critique don't like being told how dumb their ideas are.

This last page has been embarrassing. Some of you literally just love to suck dick to the point where I can't even just ignore it. Just stop and actually think for yourselves for once. I know that's hard to do, but you'll thank me later when you all realize that supporting other people gets you nowhere. All you are is a bitch.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-09-03 at 03:15 AM.

While true, sometimes you just create a turd. And you need to realize you've created a turd.

I have two theories.

1. They just don't care until Legion, because they have big changes planned. The extreme silence is still absolutely ridiculous, but what can you say.

2. Not a single person that contributes to warrior development plays the class at any kind of meaningful PvE level. Spec is strong in group PvP, among your average heroic level raider the specs are certainly quite strong due to very very low skill caps. Also your average mid level heroic player doesn't care much about the finer details of the spec. They see execute hit like a nuke and aren't at the bottom of the meter. They are pleased.

Was told that Arms would outperform Fury on Archimonde, so I gave it a shot..

Fury DPS on normal archi - 69k
    Arms DPS on normal archi - 53k

Everything dies so fast it's hard to get executes in. Am I doing something wrong?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=3&by=source - fury log
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=31&by=source - arms log

I'm usually up at around 80k on Archi HC as Arms (ilvl715 atm) since I got Worldbreaker trinket, sweeping strikes execute snipes and bloodlust + ring during execute phase on boss, only going in on first nether portal in order to come out in time to blow up the boss during execute. I've not got time to really look through your logs right now, RNG (rage/procs) can really really fuck you over as Arms on Archi though.

It's possible you don't have a perfect handle on playing the spec, it's possible you're not practiced enough on that particular fight as Arms to adjust to stuff dying too quickly in a high dps raid (sniper skills required!) and it's possible you just didn't get enough RNG to win, which has bitten me hard on occasion too. Fury is really strong on the fight for bladestorm adds padding in P2, but all my best pulls even to this day are done as Arms and most weeks I top that fight.

Worldbreaker trinket is a must have though just because of how well it makes CS a lot less precious. Without Worldbreaker you have to spend your CS extremely wisely and hope it doesnt get wasted and so while you can still do really strong dps you can also get completely fucked very easily, with Worldbreaker you just throw CS around like happy fun time and there is so much more room for error.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

@Bigbazz

How many targets do you find yourself rending during the heavy add phase? I have generally been only doing about 3 to keep MS on constant resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglar View Post
    @Bigbazz

How many targets do you find yourself rending during the heavy add phase? I have generally been only doing about 3 to keep MS on constant resets.
    Only Archimonde + Deathcallers. I don't touch the little dogs with any direct damage, just sweeping strikes and dragon roar, Overfiends I switch to but usually only 1 MS + 1 Execute as they have low health.

Probably worth noting I run Sudden Death too, treat it as a single target fight with bonus cleave benefits and manage your rage accordingly, you will do well.

Edit : I stream all our raids so here's last weeks Archi kill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVx77LCC1A - You can get an idea for how I approach it, but even at 80k dps there was a lot of room for improvement on my part.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-09-03 at 04:50 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Only Archimonde + Deathcallers. I don't touch the little dogs with any direct damage, just sweeping strikes and dragon roar, Overfiends I switch to but usually only 1 MS + 1 Execute as they have low health.

Probably worth noting I run Sudden Death too, treat it as a single target fight with bonus cleave benefits and manage your rage accordingly, you will do well.

Edit : I stream all our raids so here's last weeks Archi kill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVx77LCC1A - You can get an idea for how I approach it, but even at 80k dps there was a lot of room for improvement on my part.

I guess the fact that I am geared for fury(crit gems/enchants) has impeded my dps a little. will definitely learn to do more dps so I can shit on my entire raid!

Just wanna say, glyph of executor (return rage on execute killing blows) is fucking amazing on Gorefiend.

I wasn't on souls duty, so I was just zipping around spamming my execute button on all the adds. It became a rage generator. I actually really like this fight now, LOL
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-09-03 at 07:18 AM.