Item Upgrade - Pre-6.0.2 or Post?

Hello,

I read on the page linked in today's news post that Item Upgrades would cost Lesser Charms instead of Valor Points. I'm currently capped at 3,000 Valor and have not upgraded any of my gear.

My Character's Armory
    (I am fixing the Wrist/Glove enchants now)

I'll be swapping to Fury and I think I can reach the 6% Self-Buffed Haste without sacrificing much/any Crit - which is at 30.47%. In addition to the Prideful 2H, I have LFR versions of:

Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful
    Kil'ruk's Furious Blade
    Siegecrafter's Forge Hammer

So, I'm assuming that the 550 Prideful + 528 2H Mace will be superior, but do I upgrade these with Valor now or Lesser Charms after the patch? Is Valor being reset/disabled? I didn't see that in the "What's Coming" post.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Hello,

I read on the page linked in today's news post that Item Upgrades would cost Lesser Charms instead of Valor Points. I'm currently capped at 3,000 Valor and have not upgraded any of my gear.

My Character's Armory
    (I am fixing the Wrist/Glove enchants now)

I'll be swapping to Fury and I think I can reach the 6% Self-Buffed Haste without sacrificing much/any Crit - which is at 30.47%. In addition to the Prideful 2H, I have LFR versions of:

Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful
    Kil'ruk's Furious Blade
    Siegecrafter's Forge Hammer

So, I'm assuming that the 550 Prideful + 528 2H Mace will be superior, but do I upgrade these with Valor now or Lesser Charms after the patch? Is Valor being reset/disabled? I didn't see that in the "What's Coming" post.

Thanks in advance!
    Valor and Justice are completly going away you will get gold conpensation for that 57 silver for justice and valor points.

But what does it matter anyway, it is the end of expansion it doesn't matter now anyways.

Small correction, it's 47 silver per point.

Item upgrades are 50 charms per upgrade.

You'll get like what - 1400g? Free money I guess if you have enough lesser charms to fully upgrade. Don't forget, warforged seals still cost LC but are no longer capped so you can farm bosses over and over to bonus roll even more in 6.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You'll get like what - 1400g? Free money I guess if you have enough lesser charms to fully upgrade. Don't forget, warforged seals still cost LC but are no longer capped so you can farm bosses over and over to bonus roll even more in 6.0.
    Okay, thanks for putting that into perspective. 1,400g isn't a lot and I'm just returning to this character, so I haven't yet built up more than 100 Lesser Charms.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Okay, thanks for putting that into perspective. 1,400g isn't a lot and I'm just returning to this character, so I haven't yet built up more than 100 Lesser Charms.

Thanks!
    I've got tons on my main mostly from leveling battle pets. All the trainer dailies and what not. Plenty of other methods to farm them up and nows the perfect time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.