Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It was bad. OH SWEET BABY JESUS was it bad! From the acting, to the fact that you they, basically, tell you *everything* that's going to happen in the movie during the first 5 minutes, to the odd constant changing from corny lovey-dovey stuff, to "KILL ALL TURKS!" mayhem. Oh and let's not forget the ending, yowza! That's possibly the most cringeworthy moment I've seen in any movie ever. Oh and the "Let's blindfold all our men and march towards a siege" part was also absurdly idiotic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

*Warning: post contains spoilers*

I saw Dracula Untold the other week, and I was very hyped for it. I think it had very high potential to be a cool movie, but I was utterly disappointed unfortunately. There are many things to nitpick in D:U, but my major beef is how Vlad quickly was established as an unstoppable Juggernaut. The entire 200'000 man strong turk army would stand no chance against this single man. It feels like the moviemakers went with this premise, and then halfway through production they realized that the movie would be a snoozefest without any tension and started introducing all kinds of gimmicks (the silver kryptonite) to give the movie a story.

The end fight in the sultans tent was completely absurd. I can somewhat buy that Vlad is weakened by the silver and that the fight becomes even, but even that is severely stretching it. What makes that scene preposterous is that the sultan is confident, he has the upper hand, he taunts Vlad. This while he is the freaking last man standing out of hundreds of thousands, whom were wiped out in minutes, or hours at most. His upper hand is really only that he is currently standing in a ten square meter area of silver. There is no way out, the only thing keeping him alive is the fact that he has leverage in the form of hostage. There is no way it ends well for him, yet he acts like the goddamn boss. Any mentally sufficient human being would be pissing their pants in that situation, plead for his life or whatever.

It is commonplace in these kinds of movies that the villain has the upper hand in the end fight, and mocks and taunts our protagonist who will of course come out victorious in the end, after a difficult struggle. This is yawn-inducing enough to begin with, in my opinion. When you set up your movie in such a way that the villain is a regular human being and the protagonist can, from a safe distance of several miles away, slam a fist of bats into the ground and instantly kill a couple of thousands of soldiers this setup becomes several orders of magnitude beyond ridiculous.

This is just one of many, many things that were stupid about this movie. Dracula Untold was a garbage movie, which makes me a bit sad since it had potential to be very cool.

Thanks for all the info on the movie, i've been meaning to check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It was bad. OH SWEET BABY JESUS was it bad! From the acting, to the fact that you they, basically, tell you *everything* that's going to happen in the movie during the first 5 minutes, to the odd constant changing from corny lovey-dovey stuff, to "KILL ALL TURKS!" mayhem. Oh and let's not forget the ending, yowza! That's possibly the most cringeworthy moment I've seen in any movie ever. Oh and the "Let's blindfold all our men and march towards a siege" part was also absurdly idiotic.
    Right!? I thought the same thing. "they can't be scared of what they can't see." No shit, but they also can't fight what they can't see.

Also, I said this in the movie rating thread; Dracula goes and kills like 200,000 men, all by himself, and his own men saw him kill all those men by himself. And no one thought he was a monster until he walked in the shadows?
    And a little explanation on how the Turks men got into the castle and made it up to where the princess was without anyone seeing them? That castle is basically built on the side of the mountain, how did anyone "sneak" in?

I didn't really mind the ending, I think a more modern Dracula could be kinda cool, if they do it right.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-10-26 at 01:11 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.