Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Come on man, I know there's a lot of justification for a disproportionate amount of shootings of black teenagers but 21x, 2100%?

Get out of here.

Mods are going to have a field day.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Only with the ones they disagree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    They need to hurry up and fix muh goddamn title!

"more times more likely"

ugh, just makes me shudder every time I read it

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    They need to hurry up and fix muh goddamn title!

"more times more likely"

ugh, just makes me shudder every time I read it
    Too late to notice, too tired to care.

It is a two way problem, but the fact that higher crime rates among the African American community leads to a negative perception of black teenagers in that group in general. Black teenagers become stereotyped to "all" become troublemakers, which leads to police officers becoming more trigger happy around them. It's a vicious cycle that needs to end, but it will take both a reformation of black culture and the police making an effort to address unnecessary shooting of anyone period.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    God damn you suck at statistics.
    He's a St. Louis Police Officer who is adamantly trying to defend the idiot who shot Mike Brown. Consider the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    He's a St. Louis Police Officer who is adamantly trying to defend the idiot who shot Mike Brown. Consider the source.
    Oh is he sticking with that story?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh is he sticking with that story?
    Enough to constantly post links about how them evil blacks are trying to destroy Ferguson.

I bet by tomorrow this topic will devolve into passive aggressive, racial comments. Cops are more likely to stop and interrogate black men, so obviously they're more likely to get in violent confrontations with them. My problem with that is the cops aren't being punished, when if they were in any other profession they would be held accountable.

I said it before, apparently you fail at reading comprehension. I'm waiting for the FBI/DOJ investigation before I decide.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Enough to constantly post links about how them evil blacks are trying to destroy Ferguson.
    The lengths people will go to try to deny the issues with race our justice system has is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I said it before, apparently you fail at reading comprehension. I'm waiting for the FBI/DOJ investigation before I decide.
    You're like the "I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE GUYZ" of policing.

Well, looting, rioting, and burning down stores, i'd say they are doing a good job at it...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuvna View Post
    I bet by tomorrow this topic will devolve into passive aggressive, racial comments. Cops are more likely to stop and interrogate black men, so obviously they're more likely to get in violent confrontations with them. My problem with that is the cops aren't being punished, when if they were in any other profession they would be held accountable.
    Implying a thread that begins with such racist overstatements as "Blacks have more criminals!" in the first page will make it to tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you constantly point fingers at the evil blacks of your community. Pretty obvious racist - I can understand your defense of the Ferguson PD.

You're like the "I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE GUYZ" of policing.
    Do you ever get tired of shit posting?

" How dare you have an opinion, like, that's for fucking noobz and shit. And if your opinion differs from mine, i'ma shit post like the fucking mmo-champ pro i am!"

Can't expect people to police themselves. This was done by a valid independent study group.

And yet you constantly point fingers at the evil blacks of your community. Pretty obvious racist - I can understand your defense of the Ferguson PD.
    The ones committing the crimes are "evil ". But, hey, let's let them slide? AMIRITE!!!

here is what i see with my own eyes every day at work

i see healthy, able bodied black males with no jobs, sleeping until lunch, with nice new phones, shoes, consoles living in a house where someone else is paying the bills, usually a mother/grandmother/aunt

yeah poor/rich/black/white people are lazy sometimes, but i'm not seeing a damn thing that makes me think black males want to better themselves. they'd rather look good and get shit they can't afford (like $200 worth of cable TV) for a while than think long term

when the young/black community thinks long term, they end up with good jobs. they end up graduating. they end up acting differently, in trouble with the police less, pretty much they end up as an integral part of society

white people experience the same shit with the same results just on a smaller scale because racist or not, they'll go get a shit job and try to do something. black people just can't handle being poor, they're pride keeps them from getting a menial job. you don't improve yourself that way

but yeah it's probably racism from 50 years ago that's holding these kids back, not their shit attitudes. black people who make something of themselves in this area don't take kindly to these younger/lazier folks doing nothing. they dont' blame racism, white people, cops, schools, they blame them.