10+ Year Old Account

Why can legendaries be drafted in arena?

Doesn't blizzard see that they are a huge advantage compared to any other cards of the same mana cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Doesn't blizzard see that they are a huge advantage compared to any other cards of the same mana cost?
    Don't they match you according to your deck and number of wins? Deck strength should be accounted for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    Don't they match you according to your deck and number of wins? Deck strength should be accounted for.
    Only number of wins I believe

Why stop at legendary's, why can epics be drafted in arena? Or Rares or uncommons?

I had 12 wins several times with decks with no legendaries. It doesn't matter how many you have. It is not automatic 12 wins when you have one. I had arenas with 2 legendaries and got beaten pretty hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what just ended someone's arena run!
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

It lets you play around with cards you otherwise might not be able to afford. Also they're fun and getting shitty drafts will always be possible anyway.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Grizzelbar's avatar is my face everytime someone complains about legendaries.

No legendary in the game is particularly overpowered, they can almost all be dealt with quite easily for 3-4 mana cards that most arena decks will have in them, with the possible exception of Leeroy who just got nerfed.

Really don't see the problem.

There are commons better than many Legendary's.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    There are commons better than many Legendary's.
    and there are legendary second to none. it really depends on your pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Arena draws from all cards in the game so that includes legendaries and cards you don't own. My only problem with that is you can't account for the other player having drawn a legendary/ies or may have gotten a terrible drawn yourself and not received any conventional counters to legendaries or entire deck strategies or may have even given up one because there was another card that had the similar amount of worth. For example, I went up against a Paladin in Arena some time ago with a shittily drawn Warrior deck (cause I always seem to get a shit pool of cards to draw from) and I was struggling to control the board as the cards coming into my hand weren't the best, though after a couple of minutes I managed to gain control and felt I was going to turn the game around.... Then the Paladin dropped Ragneros. Okay I still had plenty of health and armour so I set about trying to defeat it as it killed my only minion on the board. I ended up flooding the board and starving my hand but I was able to keep some control as I prepared to kill Rag... Then the paladin played Kel'thuzard. -_- Long story short, killed Kel, lost two many minions + health to Rag and his other minions, was card starved and died after getting him to 5hp from Rag to the face.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone arena is RNG by design. I've had decks that were damn near constructed worthy, and decks that were a hodgepodge of random shit that was the best choice I could make at the time. TBH I feel like if they are going to include legendary cards in the deck, then everyone should have a choice at 1 legendary only, where they have to pick one legendary out of three to be their leg for that deck, or something similar. As it stands, the rules of the game are what they are, and if you play then you are agreeing to that standard of rules.

Deleted
    Legendary cards are not actually wildly more powerful than other cards. Some Legendaries completely suck and you can get them in Arena as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    and there are legendary second to none. it really depends on your pick.
    And most if not all of them can be countered by simple and cheap strategies, and even played around so your opponent doesn't even get to play his legendaries. The simple fact is that legendaries aren't nearly as awe inspiring as people make it out to be. That and I actually find it rather ironic that the OP is complaining about random chance of getting a random legendary, in a random game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    My advice is to stay away from Arena. It's designed so poorly that I can't even believe it hasn't been axed by now.

Legendaries in arena are overrated, I've had 12 wins numerous times but never with a deck that had a legendary. And I've had plenty of decks with legendaries, some even had 2.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

A couple legendaries are OP in arena but I would be more worried about the scum mage players. I'm perfectly fine with a TBK being chosen or even a Rag but you should feel very ashamed playing mage in arena.

Deleted
    Im a very casual hearthstone Player and I have maybe done like max 10 Arena runs. My best were 6 wins, my last Arena was fucking 0 wins. I was raging so hard you cant believe it. My deck was utter shit and 2 of my opponents had ragnaros and a lot of good situational Cards like avenging wrath etc.
    While legendaries arent really overpowered by itself, but if you dont have any hard removal or silence, they can really fuck you up.