Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Plus, the violence. Always the killing, maiming, gunning down people as fun. I find it distasteful, even if it is just fictional. Take a step back and reflect on humanity, and realize how many people enjoy the sensation brought about when you kill an enemy or a boss.
    Unfortunately, almost all games are like that, even in classical Lion King (aimed clearly at children) on Sega you still had to kill some hyenas here and there. Which is a sad fact, I would really love to see more non-violent games like, I don't know... damn, I can't even recall a single game without a single killing!

Simple solution: don't buy the games that have microtransactions out the wazoo. It's hard when they invade your favored MMO though.

Plus, the violence. Always the killing, maiming, gunning down people as fun. I find it distasteful, even if it is just fictional. Take a step back and reflect on humanity, and realize how many people enjoy the sensation brought about when you kill an enemy or a boss.

I'll stick to Sims.
    It's all about the conquering of an objective. I get just as much, if not more of a rush when I finally finish my house in minecraft.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2014-10-22 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    You misquote me. I do not think recent shooters are garbage. I think the entire genre is garbage. What percentage of console games released since 2006 identify as a shooter game? roughly 40-50%? Shooter games are all the rage, especially for the XBox and PS4. They're cheap to me, they don't so much involve critical thinking and relaxation that I enjoy from games like RPGs, but rather reflexes and timing. Plus, shooters make some people SO aggressive, its ridiculous. Escaping aggression is why I play video games in the first place.

I'll stick to Sims.
    Tomodachi life - Animal crossing - Harvest moon - Mario kart - FZero - Mark of the ninja (non lethal is quite hard and rewarding) to name a few.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    in terms of story telling and a games ability to hold my attention after its basically completed then i would say yes. however this differs from person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    They're getting shorter and shorter, which pisses me off, so ergo personally yes, games are getting worse
    This cracks me up. By no means are they getting shorter. Most games only ever take a few hours to beat, including most older games. Games like FF7 and Star Ocean 2 are the outliers not the norm, when it comes to gaming time spent. That's why game companies always try to up their games replay value with DLC and multi-player and the like.

The only one of these I agree with is the DLC part.