Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Right now that's deliberate. The addon might not display stuff the default UI does, simply because I did not encounter them myself yet (like the trait that reduces travel time)
    (version r20141120123125) The addon still opens up with the Blizzard UI (that's alright I agree it's a good thing untill everything what Blizz UI can do is available via the addon) but when the CM frame is closed, the Blizzard UI gets closed as well which seems to be a bug.

Btw: I know it's an alpha version but if you could disable debugging chat messages for versions to come it'll be great.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing that the addon's UI lacks is the garrison mission type indicators. The base UI has icons for patrol missions, exploration missions, etc. Completing X number of patrol missions is vital to unlocking the level 3 barracks, so I have to use the base UI to figure out which missions I need to do.

Another vital thing is the mouseover tooltips for rewards. When I mouseover the icon of the item, it should display a tooltip. That should be a relatively easy fix at least.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocz View Post
    (version r20141120123125) The addon still opens up with the Blizzard UI (that's alright I agree it's a good thing untill everything what Blizz UI can do is available via the addon) but when the CM frame is closed, the Blizzard UI gets closed as well which seems to be a bug.

Btw: I know it's an alpha version but if you could disable debugging chat messages for versions to come it'll be great.
    That file was more of an accident. I started using the repository supplied by curseforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    One thing that the addon's UI lacks is the garrison mission type indicators. The base UI has icons for patrol missions, exploration missions, etc. Completing X number of patrol missions is vital to unlocking the level 3 barracks, so I have to use the base UI to figure out which missions I need to do.
    Added the type to the mission title for now. Maybe I can come up with something more elegant.

Another vital thing is the mouseover tooltips for rewards. When I mouseover the icon of the item, it should display a tooltip. That should be a relatively easy fix at least.
    I haven't really looked into tooltips yet, but it's definitely something I want to add.

There's a new version available: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/com...0141120214307/

Changelog:

• Followers with an level lower than the mission will have their names colored appropriately
    • Follower counters will not be shown anymore when their level is too low for a mission
    • Followers can now be dragged from one mission to another
    • Dragging an already assigned follower from the follower list to a mission works now. The follower will be removed from the mission s/he was assigned to before
    • Mechanics that can't be countered by available followers are now not tinted red anymore, but their border is
    • Number of active and maximum followers is displayed in the status bar
    • Mission type (Combat, Patrol etc.) is now shown in the mission title
    • Mission start button is now disabled when the follower number soft cap is exceeded (untested)

Hello, this is very nice addon indeed.

I have some features that should be there:

- Traits and abilities should be visualy separated in thie list of available followers
    - If there are 2 enemies with the same threat and I assign a follower with a counter it shows 2/2 and green icon although it should show only 1/2 since that follower can counter only one of those threats
    - There should be some indicator in the list of missions showing if I have every counter for that mission on followers with level >= mission level.

Started making addon showing such things myself a few days ago, but I think yours is the right way how the mission UI should look like and if you have some coding problem or question feel free to write. (mroz123 on curse)

Quote Originally Posted by Mroz123 View Post
    - Traits and abilities should be visualy separated in thie list of available followers
    They are. There's a pipe symbol ("|") between them. I'm not really happy with that solution, but didn't come up with something better that doesn't use up a humongous amout of space

- If there are 2 enemies with the same threat and I assign a follower with a counter it shows 2/2 and green icon although it should show only 1/2 since that follower can counter only one of those threats
    That seems to be a bug in the API. C_Garrison.GetMissionUncounteredMechanics seems to screw up (compared to what I assume it should do), not only for the case you described, but also when you add a follower with too low level to the mission. I did report it in beta, but the behavior is still the same. Since I didn't get any feedback on the report I'm not even sure if that's intended behavior. It won't be too hard to code a working version, I just didn't come around to it yet.

- There should be some indicator in the list of missions showing if I have every counter for that mission on followers with level >= mission level.
    In the latest version the follower levels are taken into account. However, since followers can counter mechanics in missions 2 levels above them, so in that case the borders are still not tinted red. I guess I could tint them yellow when only low level followers can counter them.

- - - Updated - - -

A new version is available: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/com...0141121195906/

Changelog:
    • Added tooltips for item rewards and abilities
    • Tooltips for mission mechanics that can not be countered with the available followers show when capable followers will be available
    • Bonus experience rewards larger than 9999 are now shown correctly
    • Fixed a bug that did not display garrison reward multipliers correctly
    • Fixed an error that occured when a mission with the "Undead" environment appeared (untested)

Screenshot of the tooltip mentioned in the 2nd bullet point:

New feature I started to work on today:

The formula for the PartyScore needs some refining, but it works pretty good already.

Can you please provide an icon for the Scavenger trait as well in the Available list as well? It's pretty useful to try and take advantage of. + 200% garrison resources.
    Last edited by DaemonSambe; 2014-11-23 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    I didn't try your addon yet, but it looks pretty promising from the screenshots so far.

Is it possible with your addon to sort the "in progress"-missions, after time remaining ? that would be pretty neat.

Feature requests:

1) Would be great to get tooltips in the ability matrix. The icons are too tiny and I can't tell what they are, might want to consider increasing their size by a bit.
    2) Also, would be awesome if you could do a highlight upon mouse-over for each follower so that it is easier to read the matrix.
    3) I would second the request for scavenger to be shown in the missions tab for each follower as per the vanilla implementation. On top of that, it would be optimal to show followers with racial trait bonuses as per the vanilla implementation as well.

I would consider this addon to be superior to the two recommended on the front page as I don't need an addon to do simple math for me. Thank you for the hard work so far.

Could you add scaling option? Everything is very small on my UI.

- - - Updated - - -

Some suggestions and bugs:
    1. Till it can fully replace standard UI disable autopop. May be just add some button to launch it manually from blizz UI.
    2. Minor bug - if you need 2 counters it becomes 2/2 as soon as you add just 1 follower with that counter. Actually i think its better to get rid of counters at all, just display more icons when needed - it will simplify interface overall.
    3. Add timer for followers in "On mission" list when it will be finished.
    4. Inactive followers title show if daily CD available and activation should work from that list.
    5. Sorting in mission list (by time, follower count, mission type, bonus, etc.)
    6. Armor/weapon upgrades doesn't work in follower list
    7. Can't see full follower status (full list of abilities/traits and weap/armor ilvl). May be show it in tooltip.
    8. Mission list doesn't update when window is open and new missons become available
    9. May be it's just me, but i find that number of followers needed for mission is not clear to see right now. Add big number as first in counters line or in mission title.
    10. Highlight columns on trait matrix for which you have buildings
    11. Missed dep on LibToast in .toc
    Last edited by GregoryM; 2014-11-27 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathforged View Post
    1) Would be great to get tooltips in the ability matrix. The icons are too tiny and I can't tell what they are, might want to consider increasing their size by a bit.
    2) Also, would be awesome if you could do a highlight upon mouse-over for each follower so that it is easier to read the matrix.
    3) I would second the request for scavenger to be shown in the missions tab for each follower as per the vanilla implementation. On top of that, it would be optimal to show followers with racial trait bonuses as per the vanilla implementation as well.
    I'll add tooltips to the icons in the ability matrix. Adding line highlights will be easy too. Scavanger is supposed to show up, it's a bug that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryM View Post
    Some suggestions and bugs:
    1. Till it can fully replace standard UI disable autopop. May be just add some button to launch it manually from blizz UI.
    2. Minor bug - if you need 2 counters it becomes 2/2 as soon as you add just 1 follower with that counter. Actually i think its better to get rid of counters at all, just display more icons when needed - it will simplify interface overall.
    3. Add timer for followers in "On mission" list when it will be finished.
    4. Inactive followers title show if daily CD available and activation should work from that list.
    5. Sorting in mission list (by time, follower count, mission type, bonus, etc.)
    6. Armor/weapon upgrades doesn't work in follower list
    7. Can't see full follower status (full list of abilities/traits and weap/armor ilvl). May be show it in tooltip.
    8. Mission list doesn't update when window is open and new missons become available
    9. May be it's just me, but i find that number of followers needed for mission is not clear to see right now. Add big number as first in counters line or in mission title.
    10. Highlight columns on trait matrix for which you have buildings
    11. Missed dep on LibToast in .toc
    1. The next release will (should) have everything the default UI has (plus more!)
    2. Explained that earlier in the thread, supposedly it's a bug in Blizzard's API. Expanding the icons again is rather counter productive to the compact approach
    3. Will add
    4. Status bar is probably a better place for that. Activation/deactivation will be easily accessible from the follower tab.
    5. Not sure what the added value of that will be. Like, how ofter do you want to sort the mission list by number of followers or its type?
    6. Will be accessible from the follower tab with a single click (no need to dig for upgrade items in your bags and then click on a follower)
    7. Will be accessible from the follower tab
    8. Known problem, will be addressed later. In the mean time, closing and opening the window again works
    9. I agree that "XXX ---" is not really explanatory, but I've yet to come up with a better solution (that doesn't bloat the widgets).
    10. I'd rather go with something less invasive, like glowing icons or something
    11. Fixed (I think)

I have to admit that I'm a bit at a loss about the complaints about the size. I mean, the text is just the standard small text size.

Expanding the icons again is rather counter productive to the compact approach
    Few (usually just one) more icons won't make list much bigger but you can completly get rid of numbers at all so one less thing to watch on. And most of the time counter is 1 so endless "0/1" just annoying, remove them at least so you clearly see when it "0/2". Also you can make mission list somewhat combined with Ability matrix and just show abilities in fixed columns. Think it will be even more easier to look at.

5. Not sure what the added value of that will be. Like, how ofter do you want to sort the mission list by number of followers or its type?
    Well, i mostly need sorting by lvl (default) and time (which doesn't exists now), but if you going to implement sorting would be nice to have more options for it

I have to admit that I'm a bit at a loss about the complaints about the size. I mean, the text is just the standard small text size.
    Do you use UI scale? I have it set to minimum (0.64) so everything is very small, especially icons in follower list.

Some more imporvements i would like to see:

1. More clear difference between optional and important mission counters, especially when highlight them in follower list. May be different columns in follower list for traits and abilities.

2. Show all abilities in follower list, just dim ones which not needed currently. Actually you can show followers as table view as well with all info here - abilities, traits, ilvls, then previous p. 7 won't be needed at all.

3. Timer from when mission first appeared in list.

4. When you mouseover counter in misson list highlight only that counter in follower list.

5. Virtually add to mission inactive and working followers to check success chance.

And big thanks for great work! It is best mission ui addon already and will be even better with all improvements you going to do!
    Last edited by GregoryM; 2014-11-27 at 08:11 PM.

Do you use UI scale? I have it set to minimum (0.64) so everything is very small, especially icons in follower list.
    I'm playing in 2560x1440 with the UI scale set to 1.0. I toyed around a bit with the settings, and there is a problem with low resolutions in conjunction with no or low UI scale:

Size of the image is doubled, the lower one is how it's supposed to look. As you can see, there's a bar between the counters and the buffs. That information is pretty much lost in the upper one (there's just a tiny dot left)

Some more imporvements i would like to see:

1. More clear difference between optional and important mission counters, especially when highlight them in follower list. May be different columns in follower list for traits and abilities.

2. Show all abilities in follower list, just dim ones which not needed currently. Actually you can show followers as table view as well with all info here - abilities, traits, ilvls, then previous p. 7 won't be needed at all.

3. Timer from when mission first appeared in list.

4. When you mouseover counter in misson list highlight only that counter in follower list.

5. Virtually add to mission inactive and working followers to check success chance.
    1. As I said earlier in the thread, the first icon (to the very left) in the mission widget is always the optional one. The tooltip for that mechanic reflects that also. As explained with the screenshot above there's supposed to be a visual differentiation.

2. That will just clutter the UI with information thats just not needed for starting missions, and in case of the profession traits not needed that often.

3. Actually it'd be best to show a time/date when the mission will disappear. But how that works is apparently not really understood right now.

4. Already on my todo list

5. Technically impossible right now. The chance is not computed by the addon, but returned by the API when adding a follower to a mission. I started trying to figure out how the chance is computed (so that I could improve the speed and capabilities of the suggest party feature), but it's a bit weird.

1. As I said earlier in the thread, the first icon (to the very left) in the mission widget is always the optional one. The tooltip for that mechanic reflects that also. As explained with the screenshot above there's supposed to be a visual differentiation.
    Noticed now Really don't see it with my UIscale.

3. Actually it'd be best to show a time/date when the mission will disappear. But how that works is apparently not really understood right now.
    That's why i suggest to show at least when they appeared. It is also useful by itself - sometimes it is hard to understand which missions just popped on the list and with that timer it will be more clear.

The followers tab is pretty much finished:

The big difference to the default UI are the buttons to upgrade the item levels. They directly use the items from you inventory to upgrade the item level of the currently selected follower. The number in the braces displays how many of each item you have.

Looks great, althought i don't see much use of this buttons. Mine item counters usually all zeros Thing I more likely to see is prediction which ilvl will be after upgrade, because it is not clear now for odd (+3,+9) or "set to" upgrades. F.e. when you pickup upgrade item from inventory it should show increased ilvls in a list, not current. Also would be nice to see race of follower, but it is unavailable even on default ui for some reason.

I signed up just to give kudos for this addon. Please keep up the good work. I love the highlighting system that shows what missions or followers work best for whatever you're mousing over.

I do want to add a +1 to the suggestion of being able to scale the text/icons/etc. Preferably a slider & numeric string entry combo, but I'm not the genius coding this, so, whatever works for you.
    All things considered, given that it's in alpha state, it works amazing so far. Keep it up

15+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to give you a heads-up in case this is useful information to you; I just finished reversing the follower experience and mission success rate formulas: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15354637640
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Wanted to give you a heads-up in case this is useful information to you; I just finished reversing the follower experience and mission success rate formulas: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15354637640
    Awesome, thanks for the work and sharing it. It's indeed useful information. With the forumla known, it'll open up new possibilities for suggesting parties (like taking currently unavailable followers into account or computing best parties for concurrently running missions).

Hello,

Great addon, I've been using it and finding it very useful. Your next update looks very promising as well.

I have two comments / ideas for your consideration.

1. Would it be possible to show each follower's own race and "friend of <race>" traits without having to try and put them in a mission? Some people have begun talking about relying more heavily on racial traits and this would be useful.

2. In the ability matrix, could the counters and table separate active and inactive followers? Ability/trait icon tooltips could be useful as well.

Thanks!