Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    just wanted to say that i rly love your addon! keep good work up and iam looking forward to see the improvements ingame

A new alpha is available: http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...1207110601.zip

Changes:
    - Added follower tab with one-click item upgrades
    - Added suggest party feature
    - Increased icon size in follower list
    - Added race/gender icon to follower list
    - Added experience bar (with experience gains for hovered missions) to follower list
    - Hovering a mission mechanic now only highlight the followers that can counter this mechanic
    - Mission item level is now colored appropriately

There's also a preliminary german localization. While most texts are still in english, it does not lock up when opening the UI (that will probably still happen in non english/german clients; the cause is known and fixable through localizing some strings).

Here's a screenshot of how the follower list looks now:

The icons are about 50% bigger than before. At the left an icon for race/gender is shown (no interaction with the race preference traits yet, though). Followers that can still gain experience have a experience bar. The blue part is how much experience they got right now. When hovering the mouse over a mission a yellow bar will show the base experience for that mission, a green bar will show the bonus experience that can be gained.

First off I love the way this addon is going and you have done an amazing job so far. I do have a few issues with the new Alpha, with or without other addons enabled:

- The icons are overlapping
    - There is a red button over the success chance, guessing that is the Suggest Party feature?

(Resizing the window doesn't affect them.)

P.S. How do I add an image to a post that is clickable so it's not so big with a scrollbar? (Thanks Rixis!)
    Last edited by Mortarius; 2014-12-07 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortarius View Post
    First off I love the way this addon is going and you have done an amazing job so far. I do have a few issues with the new Alpha, with or without other addons enabled:

- There is a red button over the success chance, guessing that is the Suggest Party feature?

(Resizing the window doesn't affect them.)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Xngt05P.jpg[/ IMG]

P.S. How do I add an image to a post that is clickable so it's not so big with a scrollbar?
    Edit the imgur link with an l (lower case L) right before the .jpg,, then add url code to the enlarged version so in your images case [url=http://i.imgur.com/Xngt05P.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/Xngt05Pl.jpg[/img][/url]:

The follower experience bar is also too high. No idea why that happens, since their sizes are supposed to be relativ to the font height. Icons 1.5 times the font height, xp bar 0.5 times the font height, but they are clearly bigger in your case. I tried around with different resolutions and UI scale settings, but it always looks like it should. Anybody else got this problem?

Yes, it is. Don't be afraid to press it, nothing bad will happen

Deleted
    could u explain, how the partyscore works? i dont get it

awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by enoNdo View Post
    could u explain, how the partyscore works? i dont get it
    As I said in an earlier post the PartyScore system is not really refined. The basic idea is that the "best" party has the highest PartyScore. For that it takes several factors into account: success chance, experience gains, resource multipliers, duration multipliers. For example, for a mission with garrison resource rewards a party with scavanger trait followers will get a higher party score. Or a party without level 100 epic followers could get a higher score because they'd all get experience for a mission.

I also plan to add sliders bars so you can change of how much importance the different factors are for you. I.e. when you start missions before you go to school/work, you might not care that the mission takes 8 hours, so you could tone down the importance of the duration multiplier.
    Last edited by thebdc; 2014-12-07 at 04:36 PM.

my icons are also huge and blend over each other

I disabled titan bar and it worked... now to figure out why cuz I love titan

I turned titan backon and it still ok
    Last edited by weldar; 2014-12-07 at 06:16 PM.

I made some changes that will hopefully fix the problem with the big icons: http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...1207191058.zip (or use the Curse client).

I really like where this is going!

The suggest party feature takes a big chunk of CPU on a 3-follower mission when I have lots of followers available, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Setia View Post
    The suggest party feature takes a big chunk of CPU on a 3-follower mission when I have lots of followers available, though.
    There's a combination of reasons why it's so slow/demanding on the CPU. It's pure brute force, i.e. it just tries out every combination of available followers, adds them to the mission using API calls and then checks (again, using API calls) what's the success chance. If you have 20 available followers and a 3 follower mission, there are 1140 possible party combinations. With 20 followers and a 2 follower mission there's only 190. Adding/removing the followers from a mission also generates a lot of GARRISON_FOLLOWER_LIST_UPDATE events, which my addon registers and (in this case unnecessarily) updates its internal follower data. I also implemented the feature in a non-blocking way, only trying out one party combination per rendered frame. This makes the whole process take longer, but it also does not lock the game up while trying out everything.

Anyway, I started to implement Simca's formula, which should be a tremendous speed-up (at least in theory, after all it's just some basic arithmetic operations). So far my implementation of the formula seems to work correctly, so I hope to have it in the next release.

Deleted
    Hey, thanks a lot for making this addon! I've been looking for exactly this for a while now, glad I've finally stumbled over this. The alternatives are helpful but nothing like this. I don't need an automated system or a chance display on every mission, I need an UI that allows to "pre-set" every mission, to swap an switch in between them to my liking and then start them all once I'm happy. Up to now I had to switch back and forth between missions, which was frustrating at times because it's nearly impossible to get the most effective result out of it. After all, to effectively start as many missions as possible, one always has to take in account all other active missions, when there is more than 1 counter option. That was lacking but thanks to this addon, it should be doable now.

Just to provide feedback, the icon sizes are a bit weird. On the missions panel, they're too large, but e.g. in the ability matrix, they're too small. Also, a mouseover option to show tooltip when hovering over an icon in the matrix would be very helpful, and a bunch of ways to sort them (e.g. according to level, ilvl, active/inactive, ability/trait etc). For the missions UI, I'd suggest to make spacing between the followers in the list a bit larger, and reducing icon size to match it. There's enough room for 25 active followers once there's a hide function for the inactive ones. Also, the initial Icon flash is way too... well... flashy.

Also, is there a way to remove a follower from a mission I've dragged them in or to clear everything? I tried re opening the window, walking away and back, but only a reload ui helped there. (answer: right-click)
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2014-12-15 at 04:49 PM. Reason: clarification

Also, is there a way to remove a follower from a mission I've dragged them in or to clear everything?
    Just right-click it.

Deleted
    oh.

thanks!

Deleted
    It's been quiet around here lately but let me say that I really appreciate this addon. It makes my daily missions routine just SO much easier!!! I'd like to drop a couple of suggestions however, in case you come around to change it:

1. hide missions. when all followers are 100 and the only thing that remains to do is high level missions, GR missions and so on, i'd like to hide all unimportant ones. i can just ignore them sure, but it would be a quality of life improvement. this is also due to the fact that at l100, we're limited in followers because maybe they're better off assigned to buildings than on some l93 mission (why do they still appear in my logs without any active follower in that level bracket??), and it is harder to see which ones can be kept at the garrison when their abilities flash at ones face all the time... so hiding those missions would really help with the planning.

2. just a thought. /cm is a shortcut used by a macro of another, quite popular addon called Collect Me with more than 12k downloads monthly and more than 1.5 mio instals in total on curse alone. but instead of summoning a random battle pet, i now get the compact missions UI whenever i use the macro. since we don't really need that shortcut very often, maybe change it or remove it alltogether? there is still /compactmissions just in case, but closing the missions window and opening it again works just as well. for now i just changed the lua file but this is not a good long term solution.

3. currently i am using two missions addons, yours and master plan. this addon has two very neat features: the auto complete button and the summary. if you added these features to CM, it would feel really complete and i could scrap the other one.

4. just a minor thing: sorting the missions in progress by duration. and, maybe, as a luxury, we don't really need this, by rewards, number of followers present, level, etc. but time is quite important imho.
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2015-01-14 at 02:37 PM.

Has it been abandoned? It's too bad. I really like it and still use it. I run Master Planner in the background for some of its fancy functions (missions of interest, optimizing the few rare missions I don't have multiple options to 100%, and checking the disappearance times)... but for assigning my followers to missions, or getting an overview of my current followers, I really love the "bird's eye view" this addon gives, so it is still my main interface.

Deleted
    Any chance of seeing a 6.1 update, or has this been abandoned?

Yeah, it's pretty much abandoned, at least I'm not planning to put much more effort into it in the foreseeable future. I'm still using it myself, so I did update it to work with 6.1: http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...0225210040.zip

Deleted
    too bad, this was the only addon that really could meet all the needs i have for clever missions planning! however i can see that maybe a project like this is too much work. thanks for the update, as long as the functionality remains the same it's still extremely useful.

New version: http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...0227234717.zip

Changes:
    - Added support for treasure hunter trait
    - Time a mission is available added
    - Fixed problem with town environment not working correctly
    - Small fixes to computed missions success chance
    - Missions with 7 mechanics to counter (raid missions) work now