Poll: Would you rather live in North America or Europe?

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely but it also depends. Not all euro countries are created equal. Most of them are worse and a select few are actually better. The select few are only better for natural resource reasons though.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    though i guess it would depend where in Europe and where in NA.
    I wouldn't want to live in most parts of the US or Europe at all.

Comparing the places I would consider to live at it'd be the ones in Europe over the ones in the US without second thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've sometimes considered if I get kicked out the US for whatever reason, it would go to Canada no doubt. And then if they kicked me out I would try to get asylum in the UK. I would dearly miss my firearms, but my FAVORITE one is still legal in the UK. S&W 15-22.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on what country in Europe you're talking about, they're very diverse. If it was one of the better (subjective) countries, I'd definitely pick Europe.

This poll is conclusive.

Europe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NA

I suggest we sticky this thread.

Deleted
    It would depend where in Europe, I've lived in the US and in Ireland and they both have good and bad points - ultimately though Ireland won out for me because of the slower pace of life, less stress from day to day but obviously it depends on the situation.

I guess you'll have Europeans in this thread just using it as an excuse to shit all over the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should come up with a comparison list to see which countries are most like others....
    Hawaii or Portugal
    Luxembourg or Delaware
    New Jersey or Italy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Different states in the US are diverse too. We have states that legalized marijuana and assisted suicide. And we have very conservative states.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

North America...specifically the US. Why? Because that is where I am from. It's home. Every place else, however nice, is not home. Hell, even Canada which has a lot in common with the US is not someplace I would want to live. It feels just different enough up there to not be home.

I don't think one is very objectively superior to the other.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    So Animals is just an alt account of Jaylock/Salandrin/Adam right?

10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be a predicate to this poll, do you want to leave you country.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    North America...specifically the US. Why? Because that is where I am from. It's home. Every place else, however nice, is not home. Hell, even Canada which has a lot in common with the US is not someplace I would want to live. It feels just different enough up there to not be home.

I don't think one is very objectively superior to the other.
    right, and if you feel like it, move to another state. The diversity in the US is so great, I could not imagine anyone being happier in Europe or Canada.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    We should come up with a comparison list to see which countries are most like others....
    Hawaii or Portugal
    Luxembourg or Delaware
    New Jersey or Italy.....
    Colorado = The Netherlands
    Wyoming = Norway
    Alaska = Iceland
    Nebraska = Moldavia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    There needs to be a predicate to this poll, do you want to leave you country.

right, and if you feel like it, move to another state. The diversity in the US is so great, I could not imagine anyone being happier in Europe or Canada.
    Ya the US has everything from Arctic Tundra to Tropical Beach to Harsh Desert to dense forest.... Hell in California you can go from a sandy Desert to mountains to a forest to very dense city to a tropical island within a few hours drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Colorado = The Netherlands
    Wyoming = Norway
    Alaska = Iceland
    Nebraska = Moldavia
    Minnesota = Norway
    Massachusetts = Britain
    California = France
    Connecticut, Vermont, Pennsylvania = Germany
    Maine, North Dakota = Sweden
    Oregon = Denmark

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Finland = nope. There are almost 200 thousand lakes in Finland. There's nothing like the lakes and forests of Finland, that you can find in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Hawaii or Portugal
    - We have proper waves (the tallest surfable waves in the world) - Portugal 1, Hawaii 0;
    - Sharks are quitte rare in portuguese waters- Portugal 2, Hawaii 0;
    - We don't have volcanoes that are in continuous eruption since only Good knows when - Portugal 3, Hawaii 0;
    - You won a lot more in Hawaii - Portugal 3, Hawaii 1;
    - A lot safer in Portugal then Hawaii - Portugal 4, Hawaii 1;

Did i missed something??

All this work just to realise that Hawaii isn't even in NA, lol.

I've never been outside Europe, so, i can't compare it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Europe, has all the historical sites and interesting heritage of my ancestors.

Also easier to get rid of the sheltered criminals protected by PC garbage should the shit hit the fan (which it will at some point)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    EU is too orderly.
    Don't go to Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Spain, Britain, France, or Portugal, otherwise they'll spoil your illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Finland = nope. There are almost 200 thousand lakes in Finland. There's nothing like the lakes and forests of Finland, that you can find in the US.
    Minnesota = land of a thousand lakes

- - - Updated - - -

I was wrong, it's 10,000 lakes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lakes_in_Minnesota

-- Capt. Copeland

People see North America and just automatically ignore the existence of Canada....brilliant