Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Re-rolling to Unholy Dk?

Hey guys, for the past couple of weeks, I have been considering re-rolling to Unholy DK from an Enhancement Shaman. As of right now from recent simcraft posts such as this one downloads.simulationcraft.org/T17N-Stat-Raid-10-9-14.html[/url] Unholy has been looking like a good choice for melee dps and from what I have heard can be pretty fun. Being that most people on this forum know a lot more about DK dps than I do, I would love to have some guidance from you guys and helping me figure out whether or not re-rolling to unholy would be my best option. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Load up the ptr and make a premade unholy dk and find out if you like the playstyle first imo.

It's beta..

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    It's beta..
    I understand its beta, but at this point in the beta, basically a few days before, not alot of things change. So from my understanding, what is shown right now will most likely be the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzii View Post
    Hey guys, for the past couple of weeks, I have been considering re-rolling to Unholy DK from an Enhancement Shaman. As of right now from recent simcraft posts such as this one downloads.simulationcraft.org/T17N-Stat-Raid-10-9-14.html Unholy has been looking like a good choice for melee dps and from what I have heard can be pretty fun. Being that most people on this forum know a lot more about DK dps than I do, I would love to have some guidance from you guys and helping me figure out whether or not re-rolling to unholy would be my best option. Thanks.
    Always take these comparison sims with a grain of salt, not all of the APL have the same lvl of attention to detail as the others do.

It's beta and they will be doing rolling restarts and hot fixes all week next week to do more balancing and bug fixes.

I understand its beta, but at this point in the beta, basically a few days before, not alot of things change. So from my understanding, what is shown right now will most likely be the outcome.
    I know its a boring answer, but you should play what you enjoy. Buffs and nerfs will come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I know its a boring answer, but you should play what you enjoy. Buffs and nerfs will come and go.
    This 10000000 times. FOTM rerollers are never happy players. If you are going to pve, choose a class you enjoy FIRST. Nevermind what beta dps or simulation tools say. The most important thing you can do to yourself: play a class you like and attached to.

what are you going to do if unholy does not follow and other melee get ahead like in MOP? reroll again to the next FOTM?

Unless you are in a top 50 or so US guild there is no point in rerolling to a class because they do more damage. Play what your good at and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    Unless you are in a top 50 or so US guild there is no point in rerolling to a class because they do more damage. Play what your good at and have fun.
    not exacly true meny guilds thta are not top 50 and are intrest in Mythic progresion have bigger player roster then 20 and will repleace people for progres from simle reason like " you class sux" . You might dont like this (like most of people dont) but you cant change it sorry

Personaly playing Enh shaman to and going to re roll toobecous what blizz did with Enh is just sad thinking about DK or warrior,

P.S. Saying things like its beta or 6.1/6.2 will fix that is just....it never does and beaing target dummy class its not fun to play even if you like you class paly style

Speaking of rolling DK's. How bad is 2h frost atm? It's by far my favorite spec is it a lot worse than Unholy? Will we be able to choose between the two or is unholy just far better?

Well I have been looking to switch from enhancement for a whilemainly because I dont really enjoy what blizzard did did to them, and shaman dps as a whole. That being said, I figure if im going to switch I might as well play some thing that does good damge along with being fun to play. So with that also being said, is unholy a fun class to play and is dk dps as a whole fun to play?(while doing good dmg at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teujo View Post
    Speaking of rolling DK's. How bad is 2h frost atm? It's by far my favorite spec is it a lot worse than Unholy? Will we be able to choose between the two or is unholy just far better?
    I copied mine on the ptr its pretty much the same minus the ghoul it plays about the same the slow down in gameplay prob wont happen till higher player levels
    As far as old content goes in icc I was dishing out 1.5 mil oblit crits back to back bosses died in seconds so that was fun.
    Overall its the same spec that is was in icc days smash face and have fun i guess im probably rerolling i dont want to be forced to play unholy which is the better option for single and multi target currently. I hold little faith that they will address issues frost has with scaling if wars get an execute nerf demo locks and unholy will be two of the top specs. frost isnt far behind at all certainly doing better than a lot of other specs but just like with mop we will get out paced pretty quickly same story new expansion.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have been looking to switch from enhancement for a whilemainly because I dont really enjoy what blizzard did did to them, and shaman dps as a whole. That being said, I figure if im going to switch I might as well play some thing that does good damge along with being fun to play. So with that also being said, is unholy a fun class to play and is dk dps as a whole fun to play?(while doing good dmg at the same time.
    If you're looking for a consistently top DPS class then dk's are not it. Might want to play a rogue/mage/lock if you're looking for that.

Deleted
    I'm fine with mine.

Just throwing that out here because it seems rarely said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vholu View Post
    I'm fine with mine.

Just throwing that out here because it seems rarely said.
    I mean from what I heard they are very fun to play, with very little downtime while dpsing, and all in all with the changes in WoD just a very smooth play style which sounds much better than what I am used to with enhancement.

10+ Year Old Account
    go with unholy DK, if that's all you want to play
    Trust me.. until there's better gear. Deathknight tanking is awful.. and frost is hella boring
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I'm going back to my DK this xpac as well, I don't care about numbers I enjoy the playstyle, I rerolled ele shaman for my guild because ours quit in DS and my DK was my main back then and was my alt for all of MoP, pvped on it a lot at 2400+ as well I just really enjoy DK and I can tell you what others have said.

Play the class that you enjoy the most not what does big numbers, numbers can be tweaked during progression and if you rerolled just for numbers you will probably want to reroll again. If I wanted to be a FOTMer I would reroll feral or warrior right now but i'm sticking with DK main and rogue alt for pve and pvp.

I mean from what I heard they are very fun to play, with very little downtime while dpsing, and all in all with the changes in WoD just a very smooth play style which sounds much better than what I am used to with enhancement.
    Unholy certainly does have pretty low downtime in WoD, just pretty much because of the fluidity of the rotation as well as Sudden Doom supplementing times of no runic with a burst of rune regeneration.
    I think Unholy is really fun to play, it has a really fluid rotation to it, not overly complex but not as simple as it seems. The ghoul doesn't require as much attention as most think, I mean yeah try to transform him asap but to me I do it so unconsciously that I don't think of him at all as a bother. Just doing your rotation normally gets him up pretty fast. It's not a huge number spec like 2h Frost with it's crazy Obliterates and it's damage is more spread out, but I would say it feels good to see 4-5 numbers go off compared to just one big hit now and then.

If you want to switch because you think it will be fun and have a smooth rotation, you're dead on with Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    not exacly true meny guilds thta are not top 50 and are intrest in Mythic progresion have bigger player roster then 20 and will repleace people for progres from simle reason like " you class sux" . You might dont like this (like most of people dont) but you cant change it sorry

Personaly playing Enh shaman to and going to re roll toobecous what blizz did with Enh is just sad thinking about DK or warrior,

P.S. Saying things like its beta or 6.1/6.2 will fix that is just....it never does and beaing target dummy class its not fun to play even if you like you class paly style
    With that mindset you might as well re-roll to a warrior, as any serious guild will have the smallest amount of melee possible and warriors bring more damage and utility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    With that mindset you might as well re-roll to a warrior, as any serious guild will have the smallest amount of melee possible and warriors bring more damage and utility.
    No they won't. Not in this expac. There used to be a time in WoW where ranged would have the vast advantage of switching targets quickly, but their DPS would decrease as movement came into play. At one point in cata this was destroyed and ranged had a monstrous advantage over melee. This is no longer the case in WoD. Expect to see much more balanced raid compositions in WoD.