Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzii View Post
    Well I have been looking to switch from enhancement for a whilemainly because I dont really enjoy what blizzard did did to them, and shaman dps as a whole. That being said, I figure if im going to switch I might as well play some thing that does good damge along with being fun to play. So with that also being said, is unholy a fun class to play and is dk dps as a whole fun to play?(while doing good dmg at the same time.
    Would help if you said what you want to use it for more specific.
    Are you in a big guild that you always can get bloodlust from in whichever group, are you pvping a lot, only going to raid? Do you want to tank, since you might be asked to do just that, being a class that CAN tank.
    Personally i like unholy DK a lot. It's a fun playstyle, more or less impossible to stun, have fairly good CC, and a decent amount of tools
    Downsides to them, for me is:
    Meeting a good pvp'er with root-abilities ad libitium,
    they're slow,
    have no saves from falling.

They don't have a huge nuke either, if you like that from shammy.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    I used to love playing dk...until they introduced Conversion, Blood Tap and Blood Presence all mandatory for pvp, all annoying me greatly.

Gary is a pretty powerful CD, especially in WoD with a 40 second duration. If you take BoS as well that's another very powerful CD.

As a returning player myself, i know on read on wowhead that dot damage has been increased for Unholy, for those who got into the beta how true is this? its been awhile since ive played mine, and will admit Gary being a pet kinda made me meh, and i really dont like pets, but ive always wanted to play a melee dot class.

Quote Originally Posted by GaneaPound View Post
    As a returning player myself, i know on read on wowhead that dot damage has been increased for Unholy, for those who got into the beta how true is this? its been awhile since ive played mine, and will admit Gary being a pet kinda made me meh, and i really dont like pets, but ive always wanted to play a melee dot class.
    Our dots are still a pretty good source of our damage, on Mythic Iron Jug last night mine did ~12% of my damage (I died too so it could have been higher probably). Gary (the Gargoyle) is still a summon, in WoD he will last 40 seconds on a 3 min CD. It's Timmy (the ghoul) that is our pet, but it's been a long time since he has been a real burden to micromanage as he doesn't snapshot with our buffs or anything. Basically as long as you can transform him (which happens naturally in your rotation) you're well set, and it doesn't feel like a pet class besides transforming him every 45-55 seconds.

Thanks for the quick response! And I'm a dummy I always forget about the gargoyle (hence the name gary). I just told myself that the nick name got changed... lol.