Deleted

Fantasy books advantures and exotic romance " zero to hero " type

yo

im looking for something to read

i have only read wheel of times and eragon inheritance books

and im in love with em so , somthing like that ?

i rather not have more then 1 protoganist in the books
    i mean following 4-5 people can make it a tad hard to follow for a newb reader like me

i want sword magic elves dwarfs trolls you name it , exotic romance with 1 or more womens dosent mather
    but i vould prefer if it was somthing similar to "arya" in eragon that character really hit the heart to my imagination women
    shes exotic proud sexy, man half of the time i just wanted eragon to jump her haha anyways you get the point

travels trough the lands and many advatures meeting people ah that kind of stuff

and the protoganist should be a boy/man
    " don´t ask why couse i dont know either, can´t read or watch somthing where a women holds the leading role :S "

i know that not evrything i want can't be found in all books but if you can get somthing thats pretty close i vould jump with joy

thanks / glit

- - - Updated - - -

bump..............

If your still young and can appreciate youth adult tales, read Dragonlance. It's a sterotypical, 1980s fantasy adventure featuring a small, core cast of characters (Excellently written), a clear, concise story, and... *clears throat* the suggestive content your looking for...

Read the original trilogy first (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Winter Night, Spring Dawning), then the Twins Trilogy, then Summer Flame, and finish off with the war of souls. If you want more, there are additional books in the universe written by different authors, but the books I just mentioned are the highest quality.

In before Malazan...because anytime anyone says fantasy it gets recommended regardless of what the OP is looking for.

OP, check out David Eddings' The Belgariad. I think it might be up your alley.

Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara might be good for you as well.

Both of those may be kind of week on the romance, but should fit in well with the rest.

OH, and Read Wizard's First Rule. (really just throwing this out there to piss of the guy with the Mat Cauthon avatar. really...don't read it.)
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming that you're young based on your lack of giant background in fantasy lit, but if not, that's fine too. Its never too late to start reading.

That being said, its hard to find something that will exactly fit into what you're looking for, but there are any number of great options that have proven themselves over the years. For a good start, you can't really go wrong with the Harry Potter series. Particularly if you are a young adult, since the protagonist is young, many of the emotions will resonate. Rowling isn't a great author, but the story itself is a good read. I've heard similar things about the Percy Jackson novels, but I've never read them myself. I know you said no female leads, and its not sword and sorcery fantasy, but the Hunger Games novels are really quite good and give a great adventure feel.

Getting away from the young adult stuff, the first set I recommend is my favorite and what I'm currently re-reading, the Dresden Files. Basically a magic powered PI to start, your hero gets progressively stronger as the series goes and there's plenty of romantic undertones throughout. Again, not the best writers, but when I was younger I was a huge fan of the various Forgotten Realms series'. They are what came after the Dragonlance books that someone else mentioned. The Drizzt books (Dark Elf Trilogy/Legacy/etc) have plenty of adventure, swordplay, magic, and romance; and there's a ton of them to boot.

I would also strongly recommend the works of Piers Anthony. Both the Adept and Xanth Series' have plenty of what it sounds like you enjoy with people who aren't the mostly likely of heroes becoming one and having plenty of adventure and basically life happen to them along the way. And since there's like 40 Xanth novels, it will take you some time to get through them all.
    Last edited by Tazienne; 2014-10-12 at 06:26 AM.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    If your still young and can appreciate youth adult tales, read Dragonlance. It's a sterotypical, 1980s fantasy adventure featuring a small, core cast of characters (Excellently written), a clear, concise story, and... *clears throat* the suggestive content your looking for...

Read the original trilogy first (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Winter Night, Spring Dawning), then the Twins Trilogy, then Summer Flame, and finish off with the war of souls. If you want more, there are additional books in the universe written by different authors, but the books I just mentioned are the highest quality.
    Gotta agree with this suggestion, the series follows mostly a singular main character, only change perspective later on in the series for a bit but mostly it sticks with the singular main character, there's plenty of books in the main series story line along with a ton of spin offs, from book long stories to a book full of smaller stories, I'd highly suggest reading in the order stated above.

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series is pretty much that. Lots of magic and adventuring and heroing all around (I quite like the magic part, in later books it's developed a lot more). First book might be a bit eh but at second everything gets a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series is pretty much that. Lots of magic and adventuring and heroing all around (I quite like the magic part, in later books it's developed a lot more). First book might be a bit eh but at second everything gets a whole lot better.
    Also strongly support this suggestion I have yet to read it myself but a good number of my friends have spoken very highly of this book series and reference it quite often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    on the contrary, i would go against this opinion, it is stereotypical, good is good, bad is bad. the characters are generic (and in richards case, just borderline way too good at everything he does...). i mean i guess its good for an entry level reader, but if you have read wheel of time and enjoyed it this would be a step back imho.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    on the contrary, i would go against this opinion, it is stereotypical, good is good, bad is bad. the characters are generic (and in richards case, just borderline way too good at everything he does...). i mean i guess its good for an entry level reader, but if you have read wheel of time and enjoyed it this would be a step back imho.
    I think it's good for a read through once but I would agree that it is very black and white and Goodkind gets very preachy, especially towards the end. Also Pillars of Creation is just garbage. Whenever I reread the series I always skip that book.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I think it's good for a read through once but I would agree that it is very black and white and Goodkind gets very preachy, especially towards the end. Also Pillars of Creation is just garbage. Whenever I reread the series I always skip that book.
    Nicci is easily the best character in the series and thats ONLY because She ISNT pure black and White.

Deleted
    thanks for the tips fellas , by any chance do you got a book with the normal sword/magic thing but where the protoganist is a male human and gets toghter with a female elf ? ... " my secret book fetish i guess haha , anyways thanks for the recomendations please keep it coming

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well... Lord of the Rings has one of those... Even if it's only towards the end and not really that focused.

Otherwise Dave Duncons A Man of his Word (Starting with the Magic Casement) would most defenatly fit your zero to hero criteria and is really good reading (or I found it do be that when I was 15 and ruined the exes I had from over-reading them). They get a few more protagnonists in the latter books but generally only focus on two. Getting used to more is really easy.
    Maybe hard to get ahold of as they might be out of print, but libraries are awesome (at times at least) and with e-books old books are easier to get access to than ever so you might be lucky.

Stormlight Archives,
    Kingkiller Chronicles,
    The Belgariad,
    The Elenium,
    Memory, Sorrow and Thorn,
    Ranger's Apprentice,
    Codex Alera,
    Prydain Chronicles,
    And I really like Jumper by Steven Gould, but it's somewhat sci-fi.