Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Are the gains from Versatility really that low? Because conceptually I prefer smooth damage reduction over spiky damage reduction – even if I take more damage in the end.
    1000 versatility is ~4% reduction so the numbers are just to low for it to be above crit, let alone mastery.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I would honestly suggest simming your char using simcraft and adding those gear weights into the pawn addon for WoW and this will show you quite a clear distinction between two items. I have all the stat weights running so that I can see at a glance roughly how strong it is relative to my last item in terms of TMI, TDR, IncomingDPS and also for outgoing DPS stats as well.
    For those of us that are completely new to Simcraft and might end up with REALLY stupid numbers... what are the weights you're running with Eddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Blackrock.

EDIT: Just read the tooltip to see that it's 50% health and below only. I take it back.
    Last edited by idefiler6; 2014-11-24 at 01:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am a little disappointed by the enchant mark of blackrock. I don't understand it...
    why does it only proc below 50% of health? isn't armor and bonus armor meant to be preventing this in the first place? and if it does, and I'm sure it does, then basically that enchant gets worse and worse the better your gear is, because it is more unlikely to drop below 50%....
    Plus, despite bonus armor being the best stat for gladiators as well, it doesn't really work for them at all, because they are dps and they are most likely not really often below 50% health - at least they are not supposed to.

since mastery isn't THAT much worse, but also works above 50% health and therefore helping to not drop below it in the first place AND it also works for gladiator, I am most likely going for mark of bleeding hollow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I am a little disappointed by the enchant mark of blackrock. I don't understand it...
    why does it only proc below 50% of health? isn't armor and bonus armor meant to be preventing this in the first place? and if it does, and I'm sure it does, then basically that enchant gets worse and worse the better your gear is, because it is more unlikely to drop below 50%....
    Plus, despite bonus armor being the best stat for gladiators as well, it doesn't really work for them at all, because they are dps and they are most likely not really often below 50% health - at least they are not supposed to.

since mastery isn't THAT much worse, but also works above 50% health and therefore helping to not drop below it in the first place AND it also works for gladiator, I am most likely going for mark of bleeding hollow.
    As your gear increases so does boss damage so im not entirely sure why that should be an issue? Also i've not given it much thought but i'm struggling to think of any raid bosses that havent dropped me below 50% various times throughout a fight. it might be the case when you out gear content though but i still doubt it.

Deleted
    If you are going to use Glad fairly often, you should think of the Crit enchant instead of BA or Mastery. It's a good compromise, seeing that mastery is kind of bad for Glad and you will not see the BA procs too much while dpsing. It has worse uptime than the mastery one, but it should be better in you care about both specs.

If you are going for prot only, give BA a chance and log a few fights when the raid open.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-11-23 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    What is the general opinion on the DMF trinket with bonus armor + crit procc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    What is the general opinion on the DMF trinket with bonus armor + crit procc?
    I have it, the nerf to the bonus armor hurts it a bit(less bonus armor than a 630 heroic trinket), but it gives me about 12% crit when it procs and lasts 20 seconds. I find it to be very, very good compared to the trinkets I've come across in heroics because of this.

Crit procs/uses don't convert to parry though, so the effect is purely DPS oriented
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    purely DPS oriented
    Critical Shield Slams and Devastates proc enrage, granting 10 rage, which is defensive. The fact that Blackrock doesn't proc above 50% health is a total dealbreaker for me personally. I know I'll be at that health level much of the time, but it would be nice to have it above 50% as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Critical Shield Slams and Devastates proc enrage, granting 10 rage, which is defensive. The fact that Blackrock doesn't proc above 50% health is a total dealbreaker for me personally. I know I'll be at that health level much of the time, but it would be nice to have it above 50% as well.
    It would be way too powerful if it proceed above 50 %, and would as a result need to grant you much less armour. I personally like it since it's primarily when we're damaged that we really need it, not when we're sitting around at 90-100 % health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    For those of us that are completely new to Simcraft and might end up with REALLY stupid numbers... what are the weights you're running with Eddy?
    Quoting myself here, I know... But I'm pretty clueless when it comes to running simcraft, basically I figured the stat prio to be: BA > Mastery > Crit/Verst...

I was curious though just how much better/worse some stats are then others so I simmed myself...

The results came back : BA > Verst > Crit > Mastery....

Now that goes against everything i've read/heard/my gut tells me.... Could some guru shed some light on where the hell I'm failing here?

As for the enchant, any enchant that only procs sub 50% health seems odd to me.... But I won't judge untill i've actually raided and know how much time/how often i dip below 50%.

Deleted
    What's important here is to understand the impact of an internal cooldown. With a 30% proc chance on both dmg done and dmg taken it means that the first time it can proce it will proc in the space of 3-4 seconds. Most times we go below 50% it will be for long enough that a proc occurs. When the duration is over it goes on internal cooldown and it doesn't matter anymore if we can or cannot proc it. The requirement for you to be below 50% may delay the proc by 5-10 seconds, but in non-trivial content that is all. And in trivial content, who really cares. Over a ten minute fight the uptime will probably be 80-90% of what it would if it didn't have the 50% health requirement. The majority of the downtime is caused by the internal cooldown, not the requirement.

Hello there, I'm still trying to figure out stat priority for tanking.
    There three options from different sources I looked through
    BA -> mastery -> versatility -> crit (methodwow)
    BA -> mastery -> crit -> versatility (icy-veins)
    BA -> crit -> mastery -> versatility (tankspot)
    According logic, first option should provide more survivability, second is sort of I will live and do some damage, while the third one is still good because of getting more rage from crits -> more absorbs and also good to play glad.

/discuss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revellion View Post
    BA -> mastery -> versatility -> crit (methodwow)
    BA -> mastery -> crit -> versatility (icy-veins)
    BA -> crit -> mastery -> versatility (tankspot)
    That's exactly what I'm struggling with at the moment, generally I go with what ever stat priority gets me the a good TMI which my healers are happy with and then get as low a DTPS as I can. In order to do this especially in current content with the newly added versatility I thought I'd simcraft (just like eddy mentioned) to get a better idea of the weight.

Afterall the 'default' BA > Mastery > Crit / Vers is nice, but if an item has 90 crit, when would you replace it with a mastery piece that has 60 mastery (and the rest is identical, granted this is pretty much impossible but in theory I'd like to know).

If Mastery has a weight of 1 and Crit of 0.99 that's very interesting to know.

That all said, the problem I'm having now, never having had to do any simcraft stuff in the past I'm blown away by the results (most likely because I'm doing something horribly wrong). Since currently statweight wise i'm getting; BA > Vers > Crit > Mastery....

Since this just feels wrong to me I've decided to just stick with BA > Mastery > Crit > Vers (the last two I'm not sure about though).

Another reason the weights would be really nice to know is because if an item rolls with Mastery / Vers, is it worth trying to reroll that item 5+ times to get the perfect roll? This is also why I'd love if Eddy could post the weights he runs with for TMI/DTPS/DPS (the latter isn't that interesting to me since i've never cared that much for DPS but I know a lot of people do.) That way I and any other simcraft beginner can atleast 'validate' our results a little because what simcraft tells me might be 100% accurate, I just don't trust it.

Deleted
    After running a few CMs as tank now is anyone else having problems with rage gen as prot?

When I try to use Shield Barrier I have a really hard time ever getting Shield Block active. Even without Shield Barrier, getting to Shield Block Rage is a pain.

I'm trying to push for BA>Crit=>Mastery>Vers and completely ignoring Multistrike/Haste. With a as much as possible Crit/Mastery gear for CM's I do not have much issues with rage, just huge damage when SBlock is not up (lacking two BA trinkets).

Also I got faith in my healers so if Mastery won't be a gamebreaker then I will prioritize Crit over it any day as having that extra Sbarrier between Sblocks would be nice.

Deleted
    @quizzle
    Use the +20rage glyph. Problem with barrier is that it will work from 20-60 rage. So if you use it at 80 rage it will eat a good chunk of your rage. This is especially bad with high cooldowns on SS/Revenge. Options are to use low rage barriers inbetween blocks or to cap rage to 120 and use barrier then. This leaves you with enough rage to block.
    Make sure you only use Heroic Strike when it has procced from a SS-crit. If you are only missing 10 rage you could use Berserker Rage.