Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    2 weeks for me and no tank trinket drops ;_;

I'm of the thought that WUE will serve a niche similar to the tank rings no? A personal CD to help you, but really I'd rather have a much better itemized active or passive as it were from anzu or the stat stick.

Quote Originally Posted by booi View Post
    I really think that any effort to push last stand's cooldown lower with AM isn't worth the cost associated with it. Gladiator's Resolve is a flat 6.67% damage reduction all the time.

Just call for another external and keep the baseline damage reduction.
    I would slightly disagree with this statement. I think it can be really strong on certain fights i.e Archimonde. On that fight I played with unyielding strikes and AM and was able to lower the CD of Shield Wall to about ~ 1min having it available for every Death Brand. Now given you have 4PC you will also be able to to use LS on every Death Brand while mitigating a lot of damage with Barrier. I also think Worldbreaker is really strong on this fight given that you have magic (death brand) and physical damage ( Deathcaller melee hits) at the same time. Adding WUE to that equation makes for a really strong setup.
    Outside of Death Brand I felt unthreatened. Adding the extra flat damage reduction wouldn't do much except lower overall damage.

Also Gladiator's Resolve doesn't have a dps increasing component. If you go with the unyielding strike build you will be able to cut the cd of Bloodbath to ~30-40s given you have enough haste you will also be able to weave in an extra attack during Bloodbath which will further increase your dps. Sure our job in the first place is to survive but tank dps matters.

Speaking of Tank dps what you guys think of the other class trinkets for tanks?

I was watching trekkies stream yesterday and he got his trinket. Which basically pushed his dps by ~8k: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

4.5 Mio. passive damage with 1 item slot. How do you feel about our trinket not even having a damage component compared to all the other tanks except druid ?

Quote Originally Posted by booi View Post
    Do you have a log you can link?

edit:
    nevermind, i found you (creepy)

It looks pretty decent - though I'd say the biggest compete with stam for spike reduction is tied to the fact that most burst abilities hit you when you are at 100% health. Meaning that you won't see any meaningful reduction on the biggest hits that you're taking. That being said, more help when you need it most is certainly attractive.

Taking something like Tyrant's Decree and going into these spikes with an extra 99k health and 456 bonus armour might provide more help in the windows that matter.
    I actually was kind of suprised when I saw my logs. The numbers aren't impressive (the trinket is doing about 5K HPS) but you can FEEL the resilience given by the trinket. When I dropped below 50% I could barely see my health move.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

A few pages back in the thread the old Crit vs Mastery discussion came back up -- what are people's thoughts, a couple weeks into HFC? I've stuck with mastery through WoD so far, but curious to hear how crit is faring in other's opinions... I seem to be having better luck with crit gear drops so far.

Deleted
    Does anyone have the percentage cut off when you're getting the most out of WUE? As in, say at 50% am I at the 20% cap for the 'absorb'?

I pulled numbers from some of my yesterday's logs and here are the results I got for WUE's absorb rate :

(This is for the Heroic version. Max is 18.06%)

edit : The interesting thing about WUE : it calculates the absorb rate AFTER the hit. If you're at 100% health, you get hit for 50% HP, it calculates the absorb of that 50% hit as if you were mid-health.
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2015-07-03 at 01:21 PM.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Deleted
    Thanks for that Kortiah, if those numbers are correct this trinket is pretty insane tbh... The most dangerous hits will easily be mitigated for an extra 10%... I'm not theorycrafter but I'd say thats substantially better than any other trinket from a mitigation perspective.

Yeah that's why I said you FEEL stronger than the actual HPS it gives you.

It averages about 1M absorb every fight (even Velhari, where we can safely say this is the best trinket you can get against her), but since every really threatening hit is reduce by 10%+, it makes it really strong. During Mannoroth yesterday I had to take a second Massive Blast with the debuff from the first. Took about 800k raw damage, the trinket absorbed 140k even though I was topped off, since after the shields I had on me it had me at 59k HP. Although this isn't a standard scenario, this is still pretty insane for all the "breaths" mechanics that get you from 100% to ~50% since that'd be a 70k absorb every time for free.

I still have to get the class trinket to decide between the two, but it's definitely a really good trinket.
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2015-07-03 at 02:07 PM.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    edit : The interesting thing about WUE : it calculates the absorb rate AFTER the hit. If you're at 100% health, you get hit for 50% HP, it calculates the absorb of that 50% hit as if you were mid-health.
    As long as the trinket doesn't get leap-frogged on killing blows, this cranks the value of the trinket way up.
    Last edited by booi; 2015-07-03 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Does anyone have the percentage cut off when you're getting the most out of WUE? As in, say at 50% am I at the 20% cap for the 'absorb'?
    The absorb formula percentage each time you take damage is (missing health + incoming damage) / max health * trinket tooltip value. I'm 90% sure it is at least. So if you're wearing the Mythic version trinket which claims to reduce damage by up to 20% (technically 20.79%) and you take a hit which will reduce you to 50% health, that damage will be reduced by 10%. If you take damage that would reduce you to 25% health, it'll be reduced by 15%, and damage that would take you to 0% is reduced by 20%, the max amount that the tooltip states.

Deleted
    My tier 18 2-set bonus is horribly bugged at the moment, breaking shield barrier to where it sometimes only uses ~20-40 rage instead of the full 60. Anyone else have this problem? I made a video showing the bug. Only happens with 2-set equipped. youtu.be/Gb3DWrVSj_k

Wow... Glad we have a PTR to test things like that...

You should tweet it to @WarcraftDevs with the video
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

You should tweet it to @WarcraftDevs with the video
    Do you think it wasn't tested both internally and on PTR for weeks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Do you think it wasn't tested both internally and on PTR for weeks?
    Actually, I don't..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    My tier 18 2-set bonus is horribly bugged at the moment, breaking shield barrier to where it sometimes only uses ~20-40 rage instead of the full 60. Anyone else have this problem? I made a video showing the bug. Only happens with 2-set equipped. youtu.be/Gb3DWrVSj_k
    Man, where are we going if we can't even rely on core abilities to work properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you absolutely sure about this?
    It sounds very OP if that's the case. Just got it yesterday (Hc Warforged, lucky me) so haven't gotten the time to play around with it yet.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2015-07-08 at 01:01 AM.

Deleted

You should tweet it to WarcraftDevs with the video
    Just an update: I tweeted the video to WarcraftDevs like you said, and got a response that they hotfixed it today. twitter . com / WarcraftDevs/status/618541905672994816

(I'm not allowed to post proper links here yet ^^)

Anyone know why SimC is ranking haste above crit and mastery for me? http://i.imgur.com/M15YVO9.jpg

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...walls/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    Just an update: I tweeted the video to WarcraftDevs like you said, and got a response that they hotfixed it today. twitter . com / WarcraftDevs/status/618541905672994816

(I'm not allowed to post proper links here yet ^^)
    Thanks for that

Are you absolutely sure about this?
    Yes I am. I was full life, got hit by a Massive Blast for ~800k (already had the debuff, we were wiping), and it absorbed ~140k by itself (18% of 800k is 144k, so it checks out). If it didn't, the absorb would have been close to none.
    Last edited by Kortiah; 2015-07-08 at 07:35 AM.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Anyone here got 4 set yet? i got mine last week and i'm kinda disappointed and would like to hear what others think about it.. On ptr once the 4 set was active, with a 200% shield barrier buff pre nerf, you could safely go SB all the way during Last Stand ignoring shield block. I tried going all out with barriers on fel lord disarmed phase on heroic, right after i got it, and got wrecked. So far in heroic i didn't rly find a good use of it.. Waiting to get into mythic this week and see if it gets more usefull.
    Last edited by Deliverer; 2015-07-08 at 10:57 PM.

I'm just starting mythic w/ the 4pc and its more of a cheat death. Only fight i've had to use the 4pc in heroic so far is mannoroth because i don't trust my healers during hellstorms.

Deleted
    Hello, is it worth to switch 2 pieces out of 4 of T17 (one 685, one 670) to 700 pieces with decent stats (mastery)? I honestly can't decide which setup can be better.