Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    We should Blizzard ask that. Why is our favored 5% bonus secondary worse for tanking than going full derp?
    They would tell you that Mastery is superior in TMI and almost equal on DTPS, so if you only care about the incoming damage and not the outgoing, you will certainly pick it instead of crit.

Deleted
    Here we go again. People trying to ignore anything that makes you a tank just to squeeze out that extra dps.

Thanks again Vengeance for luring in so many people that are willing to rank on WoL no matter what.

I wish I could travel back in time and shoot Vengeance in the foot before it arrived on the tanking planet.

As sitting in fire or sitting down in-fight was not enough. Hey lets tank in full dps. I will just tell the healers to get more healing.
    Why are you so obsessed with what other people do ?
    No one is forcing you to gear or play a certain way ? (thats ignoring "dps" stats are now tank stats or the fact healers are now supposed to heal more.)

In wotlk, if it wasnt for the dps itself it was certainly for threat so you didn't throttle raid dps.
    Pretty sure that was before they introduced vengeance ?

And if you do it anyhow but don't like it, im not sure where you're coming from ? Are you blaming us or blizzard for tank dps being a part of encounter tuning ?

If i'm not a strain on the raid or my healers, what exactly is there left for me to do, besides increasing my dps ? Every week both me and healers will get more gear, at what point are we allowed to focus on dps ?

What would an ideal world be to you ? Tanks doing no dps and threat removed completely ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Santa, this is now my forum sig on our guild's website. Great post Anyways, can we say hurray for sticky???!

In my opinion, optimizing attack power and critical strike rating together - the most beneficial gem combination would be as follows:

Red / Yellow - Inscribed: +5 Strength and +10 Critical Strike
    Blue - Rigid: +20 Critical Strike

Using the Haste / Crit gems would be fine; however how much does the lower CD and GCD on SS and TC matter? Therefore I would say that going for attack power and critical strike would be far more optimal as far as amount of damage.

Also an Executioner main-hand enchant would make more sense optimizing critical strike, 120 Crit prot. Dancing Steel is a 102 Strength or 102 Atk Pwr. River Song isn't relevant IMO.

Not sure though, tbh. Opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProvokeProt View Post
    In my opinion, optimizing attack power and critical strike rating together - the most beneficial gem combination would be as follows:

Using the Haste / Crit gems would be fine; however how much does the lower CD and GCD on SS and TC matter? Therefore I would say that going for attack power and critical strike would be far more optimal as far as amount of damage.

Also an Executioner main-hand enchant would make more sense optimizing critical strike, 120 Crit prot. Dancing Steel is a 102 Strength or 102 Atk Pwr. River Song isn't relevant IMO.

That's what i'm using. Executioner should be fixed soon though.

http://puu.sh/ckgy0/a0021badeb.png
    I fucking hate this class design team. Even Watcher let me down.

Resolve DRs need to be fixed or good play is borderline negligible again. I'd really appreciate any support; I've still got some fight in me on this issue.

I would probably argue that the faster I can spam devestate to get more S&B procs the better, but I understand your the needs for more AP. The real question is going to be, what do we do when we're in the expac and the gems are all different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    I would probably argue that the faster I can spam devestate to get more S&B procs the better, but I understand your the needs for more AP. The real question is going to be, what do we do when we're in the expac and the gems are all different?
    Are you advocating a haste build?

I'm not that good in theorycraft, but isnt mastery better than pure str?
    mastery provides same AP that str and still adds some defensive stats, right?

maybe we dont have a mast/crit gem, I dont get into details on these gems changes
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Quote Originally Posted by Mythsyn View Post
    Are you advocating a haste build?
    No I advocate crit builds. I'm just saying that if I was going to mix and match for pure dps stats haste would be my #2. I know that haste/mastery/crit are all the same color, but I believe in WOD they are all separate and there are no colors which means we can pick and choose, or just all go pure crit!.....or pure mastery if you like boring stats.

Isnt there a Gem chart for WoD yet?
    I mean, we will have gems with the new stats, right? like multistrike or versatility
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post
    Isnt there a Gem chart for WoD yet?
    All of the Gems added in Warlords [wowhead.com]

Deleted

Pretty sure its affecting GCD across the board, only lowers cd for SS / TC tho.
    For the gems, look at the various stat weights posted and do the math. Haste is not far behind enough to warrant 50% less stats on gems and thats excluding socket bonus. Same goes for the enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post
    I'm not that good in theorycraft, but isnt mastery better than pure str?
    mastery provides same AP that str and still adds some defensive stats, right?
    If you look at tooltip you'll see your current mastery/AP scaling. At 540 rating(~47%) on live its currently giving me 31% conversion.
    Crit blocks used to proc enrage on 3 sec icd, adding bit more value to it. Not sure if thats true anymore tho
    Bonus armor on the other hand provides 1:1 AP conversion.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-10-21 at 04:50 PM.

Here we go again. People trying to ignore anything that makes you a tank just to squeeze out that extra dps.

Your lack of knowledge of how Mythic level raiding works makes me chuckle. Keep chugging along buddy, you'll understand someday.

I have just completed some basic math concerning stat weights. The results of switching from my current full crit build to a full mastery build would be: -6% crit, +5% haste, +19% mastery as well as -65 attack power. This pretty much speaks for itself as well as what the thread has been saying - go for crit for more damage, for TMI go mastery, the difference isn't very big damage wise, but survival wise it is.

Personally, I will be doing a few fights with each and logging to draw my own conclusions.

Edit ... also... http://www.wowhead.com/item=62661
    Last edited by Lilleth; 2014-10-21 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have just completed some basic math concerning stat weights. The results of switching from my current full crit build to a full mastery build would be: -6% crit, +5% haste, +19% mastery as well as -65 attack power. This pretty much speaks for itself as well as what the thread has been saying - go for crit for more damage, for TMI go mastery, the difference isn't very big damage wise, but survival wise it is.

Personally, I will be doing a few fights with each and logging to draw my own conclusions.

Edit ... also... http://www.wowhead.com/item=62661
    Great Find!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythsyn View Post
    Great Find!
    Unfortunately on Illidan there are none on the AH atm and no fish either. Looks like a 3% drop rate at best so... Lol

Deleted
    -6% crit, +5% haste, +19% mastery as well as -65 attack power.
    You are loosing AP? Doesn't mastery make up for it? I thought the only sources of AP are str, bonus armour and mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2014-10-22 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    You are loosing AP? Doesn't mastery make up for it? I thought the only sources of AP are str, bonus armour and mastery.
    There's also actual AP on old enchants. And mastery doesn't have 1:1 conversion for AP.
    Im guessing he replaced enchants and changed his str/crit gems, which would be close to his values.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-10-22 at 04:22 PM.

Yes, the lost attack power was direct strength from gemming +5str +10 crit.