Page 29 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    They went Prot warrior because Prot warriors are OP on Imperator Mar'gok. The ability to completely negate a big part of the fight with leap is quite strong + Block is very strong when tanking 10-30 adds.
    I don't disagree. Leap is as good as Displacer Beast for that ability ( our guardian is doing this every week ). I def agree on the block vs adds part. Sejta said he went warrior for the shield block up whenever he was tanking mar'gok in the manaflask interview. But yeah, they 3 tanked, where I'm pretty sure method 2 tanked from their video (will have to rewatch ).

I've referenced this interview twice lately, for reference ( so proud ):

"Seita: Warrior was better for the last boss which played a big part in my decision. Warrior really shines in situations where you can use Shield Block to its full potential, that is when you are only tanking 50% of the time. For example, on our Mar'gok kill the boss hit me 176 times: 123 blocks, 38 parry, 13 unblocked hits. Before, when I played my Druid, it was always the best offtank or the best tank overall in my opinion, this time Druid wasn't the best choice for any tanking role."
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

My guild had some major issues last night working on Heroic Brack and Butcher, myself and our druid tank were dying quite frequently and I want to make sure I'm not screwing something up.

Can anyone give a quick glance over these logs to tell me if I'm missing anything? (I'm Gregamus, if that wasn't obvious): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=summary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Parry and dodge are the strongest in the beginning of xpacs when DR is low. Mastery will definitely provide higher CTC than crit at higher ilvls.
    He was asking about TMI and DTPS, more than CTC... But for CTC, block has DR too, so it's not really that great either, nor it's something you can think of as in Cata. As for TMI and DTPS, there is no reason for crit not to being better when alone, just as it was with >40% parry in the last tier.

But since Blizzard fucked any way to solo tank, well.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-12-19 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    My guild had some major issues last night working on Heroic Brack and Butcher, myself and our druid tank were dying quite frequently and I want to make sure I'm not screwing something up.

Can anyone give a quick glance over these logs to tell me if I'm missing anything? (I'm Gregamus, if that wasn't obvious): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=summary
    A bunch of your deaths, you are just sitting at like half health for like 5-10 seconds with no CDs used or direct healing done to you. Look at this death: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rce=75&death=1

Your last shield block was 22 seconds before you died to a melee attack. That is super nasty. Shield block is your #1 mitigation tool, you should never die to melee attacks if you have charge ready to go. If you are having rage issues, then you need to start pooling rage for shield block and cut down on shield barrier usage.

Same with this wipe:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=19&death=1

You also haven't made it clear to your healers that you need shields when he is casting breath. Weakened soul should always be on you if you are taking breath and having tank deaths.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=159220

It just seems like you are falling off on your mitigation and then dying because of it. I would work on making sure you are always mitigating damage if you are below 100%(getting a block rotation, and then filling with demo shout and shield barr). If you don't use your mitigation tools when you can die, you probably will if tank heals are low. Save your big CDs(wall, last stand) for big damage(2nd stack of tenderizer, high stack rot + breath). If you ever die and aren't mitigating damage, it is probably your fault. After fixing that, you need to let your healers know they need to single target you and keep you up. Warriors can't just heal like other tanks, so most damage that they take needs to be healed by a healer. The era of passive cleave heals on tanks is over.
    Last edited by brookllyn; 2014-12-19 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    I don't disagree. Leap is as good as Displacer Beast for that ability ( our guardian is doing this every week ). I def agree on the block vs adds part. Sejta said he went warrior for the shield block up whenever he was tanking mar'gok in the manaflask interview. But yeah, they 3 tanked, where I'm pretty sure method 2 tanked from their video (will have to rewatch ).
    Well, Displacer Beast is "only" 20 yards +5-10yards from the sprint, where as Leap is 40 yards baseline, so Leap is the strongest for it. Monks can also do it by using Roll or Transcendence to get away with similar results. With that said, the fight is very much doable even if you don't have any of those tank classes, we did it with a Pala+Blood combo and it worked perfectly fine anyhow.

Method 2 tanked and Paragon 3 tanked it. The extra tank that Paragon brought meant that their Blood and Prot pala could go full out dps, rather than having to focus too much on their own survivability, as Seita did most of the tanking. If it's a better tactic is up for debate, but both of them have their own benefits and whichever better suits your guilds tactic is the one you should choose.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

"Seita: Warrior was better for the last boss which played a big part in my decision. Warrior really shines in situations where you can use Shield Block to its full potential, that is when you are only tanking 50% of the time. For example, on our Mar'gok kill the boss hit me 176 times: 123 blocks, 38 parry, 13 unblocked hits. Before, when I played my Druid, it was always the best offtank or the best tank overall in my opinion, this time Druid wasn't the best choice for any tanking role."
    Has anyone tested this out with simulationcraft? I can't for the life of me figure out how to get tank swaps working in it.

I'm pretty sure Ravager is far superior to Gladiator's Resolve on the Butcher thanks to the on-demand parry cooldown to avoid the bleed debuff. The normal auto-attack damage is not that dangerous so long as you're using your cooldowns properly(make sure you've got both shield block charges while you're tanking, etc). The bleed ontop of the melee damage will usually(in my experience) ruin your day pretty badly once your cds are over though. The more you can prevent the bleed, the better.

Deleted

Something to also remember is that Brackenspore, is so far the first boss for me that auto-attacks during a breath. If you look at him he is kicking your face in while vomiting allover the place. I always try to pool 120 rage for a SB and a Sbar, and always have atleast demoshout + last stand or shieldwall. If I'm out of cds I will call for externals.

Hey'all!

I started tanking in WoD and I was wondering if someone could analyze my log (since I have no clue how to do it) and tell me how I could improve my tanking. I got the tip that posting so that more people could see was better than sending PM's so here I am.

Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2RJyKGtZC6Q4Hawv/

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rgeln/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Argeln View Post
    Hey'all!

I started tanking in WoD and I was wondering if someone could analyze my log (since I have no clue how to do it) and tell me how I could improve my tanking. I got the tip that posting so that more people could see was better than sending PM's so here I am.
    A few things:

1) If you look at the Twin Orgron kill and look at your buffs you had 49.98% uptime on shield block which is nearly perfect - compare that to some of the wipes where you are < 40% - this had a reasonable effect on your Damage Taken Per Second (DTPS). Try to keep that shield block uptime as much as possible (on fights where you are always tanking something).

2) You seem to macro berserker rage with enraged regeneration - I don't think that has any effect in WoD, instead use berserker rage whenever you are not enraged - this is an easy DPS gain

3) You rage cap yourself a lot - look at your last wipe to Butcher, resources tab and click Rage to see. You wasted about 900 rage (rage you would have gained if not capped) - thats 15 full shield barriers you missed out on when you only used 9 - if you don't need the mitigation then at least dump it into heroic strike for more damage

4) You very rarely use armor potions - its both a dps and survivability gain to prepot and repot

Deleted
    nice
    but it doesnt work for arms?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...alse%240%24101

says I only gained 35 rage in the whole fight .. wtf

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    nice
    but it doesnt work for arms?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...alse%240%24101

says I only gained 35 rage in the whole fight .. wtf
    It only tracks abilities that grant rage. Since Arms has no builders, the only ability that gives rage is charge. You can still see when you're rage capped via the graph, however.

I can attest to what Seita's saying about tanking Mythic Mar'gok. The boss really just does nothing to me because i have block up every time I'm tanking the boss

Wonder what the rational is behind prot wars doing 17-20k on butcher and prot paladins do 32-35k. I mean the difference is so great and it's been this way for a long time so there has to be a proper reason for it.

Maybe most people aren't that upset because they think that tank damage shouldn't be a concern for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Wonder what the rational is behind prot wars doing 17-20k on butcher and prot paladins do 32-35k. I mean the difference is so great and it's been this way for a long time so there has to be a proper reason for it.

Maybe most people aren't that upset because they think that tank damage shouldn't be a concern for anyone.
    The cynic in me thinks they'll just let it be this way until the next raid tier. They didn't seem overly concerned about adjusting tank damage during ToT or SoO, and so far in WoD they've kept adjusting several of the DPS specs, but have left tanks the way they are after the warrior nerfs.

Deleted
    I've returned to my protection paladin alt and am wondering about the heavy repercussions talent. Anyone find it awkward to use? I tend to use shield bash to generate the rage for shield block, so struggle to get the heavy repercussions buff (iirc shield bash has a CD just shy of 6 seconds while shield block only lasts 6 seconds). Icy Veins recommends heavy repercussions if you use shield block a lot, saying it doesn't interfere with your rotation but I find it clunky. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Charge, zerker, revenge, block, shield slam.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I've returned to my protection paladin alt and am wondering about the heavy repercussions talent. Anyone find it awkward to use? I tend to use shield bash to generate the rage for shield block, so struggle to get the heavy repercussions buff (iirc shield bash has a CD just shy of 6 seconds while shield block only lasts 6 seconds). Icy Veins recommends heavy repercussions if you use shield block a lot, saying it doesn't interfere with your rotation but I find it clunky. What am I missing or doing wrong?
    The t45 row is supposed to be a damage increasing tier, but all the talents are abit too complicated to work properly. Shield block is one of the best abilities in the entire game and picking heavy repercussions means that SB gets warped into a offensive and defensive skill, even tho you can't really afford to use it offensively.

How you manage your rage makes a huge difference when it comes to how much damage you take which why Unyielding strikes isn't very attractive either. You gain a very small amount of damage and making even one mistake can easily prove to be a fatal mistake.

Prot really doesn't have any downtime either so mixing execute into the rotation doesn't fit.

Awkward is a good description for the entire t45 row. Heavy repercussions will be just fine when shield slam eventually gets the 150% damage increase it deserves.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2014-12-22 at 06:20 PM.

Prot pally does incredible damage with cooldowns and blood lust on the opener and I'm pretty sure that is why they do so well. I can do around 40k in the opener, but our paladin can do literally double that with good procs and he can stay there for much longer than I can at my peak.

ex: first 20 seconds of one of our mar'gok pulls. This is all single target. http://i.imgur.com/IpK2KtE.png
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2014-12-22 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Prot pally does incredible damage with cooldowns and blood lust on the opener and I'm pretty sure that is why they do so well. I can do around 40k in the opener, but our paladin can do literally double that with good procs and he can stay there for much longer than I can at my peak.

ex: first 20 seconds of one of our mar'gok pulls. This is all single target. http://i.imgur.com/IpK2KtE.png
    I mean yeah they skyrocket in damage because of how powerful Seraphim is, but if you look at the base damage of avengers shield, shield of the righteous and judgement you'll realize they do more than twice the damage shield slam and revenge do. You could give warriors 70000 crit rating and we still wouldn't do anywhere close to paladin damage because the base damage of our core abilities is so god awful. For gods sake gladiator's resolve warriors have a hard time pulling the same digits prot paladins do.