Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    I will say I'm pretty sure Unyielding Strikes is king on Twin Ogron from a dps perspective due to glyph of cleave.
    From a dps standpoint unyielding strikes is top dps on single target to but at the sacrifice of barriers. It is however very fun to play with on cleave fights like twins and brackenspore just like you said

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    Trinket 2: Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork (or does the 680 DMF come out better here?)
    From Eddy's trinket rankings a few pages back, Blast Furnace Door was on top for DPS, DTPS and TMI, with Evergaze Arcane Eidolon and Knight's Badge (Stage 3) being close contenders in all 3 categories. TTT was actually ranked fairly low in all categories. Horn of Screaming Spirits also looks good from a DPS standpoint but lacks defensive value.

The remaining trinkets look very disappointing:
    Stamina/Haste proc, Str/MS proc, Str/MS on-use.

He posted the rankings on page 30 of this thread if you'd like to check them out, but in short, BFD, EAE and Knight's Badge are all pretty amazing trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Argeln View Post
    I did that, but it seems like there's not much activity in that thread.
    You posted right after midnight and then here 4 hours later. I think a lot of the responders in that thread are in NA. We'll get to ya.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

A very random question, but does anyone else here get absolutely destroyed by allmost every trash pack in highmaul? I'm completely fine in boss fights, with an ilvl of 671, but i swear to god no matter how many cooldowns i use, i get absolutely dumpstered by trash. Especially the pack right after kargath, the one right after butcher, and the ones towards tectus.

On my Druid Tank as well as my Monk tank we also get destroyed by trash packs (we are both around 670 ilvl). Idk what it is but trash is pretty punishing when you don't CC ect even when you over gear the content. Blizz is doing very well at getting you prepared for the boss fights with the trash before the encounters and I think that now these trash packs have "abilities" that are training you for what is to come and that includes the damage output. The other tank and I have bets of who will die first and who will go jump in first to get all the inital agro. Be mindful too that we are doing mythic progression and we are not tank who don't know their classes ect. Your not doing anything wrong. They hurt...a LOT

Thank god i wasn't the only one. Was starting to get really annoyed when i was having to chain cooldowns like a motherfucker during allmost every pack, and still take a pounding. I'm hoping brf trash will be like 10-20% less painful, since highmaul trash has been busting my balls for the past few months.

Quick question regarding TC on cleavefights (Twins for example)
    Should it be used on cooldown?
    Just enough to keep deep wounds up on both of them
    Only use revenge for deep wounds and ignore TC?
    Congratz Jesus the Solar Messiah, Ynf Ynf!
    Mah Warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pf0llz0r View Post
    Quick question regarding TC on cleavefights (Twins for example)
    Should it be used on cooldown?
    Just enough to keep deep wounds up on both of them
    Only use revenge for deep wounds and ignore TC?
    Revenge doesnt apply deep wounds but if you meant devastate, then yes you should still use this. TC doesnt become a dps increase until 3+ targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Thank god i wasn't the only one. Was starting to get really annoyed when i was having to chain cooldowns like a motherfucker during allmost every pack, and still take a pounding. I'm hoping brf trash will be like 10-20% less painful, since highmaul trash has been busting my balls for the past few months.
    I had the same problems especially on the ogre trash pack towards the portal that leads to twins. I asked my healers what was up seeing as I used everything I possibly could and their response was that dps stand in shit all the time wich means that tank spikes(aka when your cds falls off)is very hard to deal with. I trust them on this seeing as twins trash is horrible where hardly any melee dps move out with the debuff so they explode on tanks and other dps.

TL;DR: Trash mobs are beasty but your raid can cope with it without problems if you do it properly I personally would recommend to spec shockwave directly after any boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    Revenge doesnt apply deep wounds but if you meant devastate, then yes you should still use this. TC doesnt become a dps increase until 3+ targets.
    Yes I meant devastate
    Thanks for the input.
    Congratz Jesus the Solar Messiah, Ynf Ynf!
    Mah Warrior

TL;DR: Trash mobs are beasty but your raid can cope with it without problems if you do it properly I personally would recommend to spec shockwave directly after any boss.
    Are there even any trash mobs in Highmaul that can be stunned by Shockwave? I haven't found them if they are.

How is do you play to get the most out of Unyielding Strikes? Only use on cleave/aoe fights along with cleave glyph? At what amount of stacks do you start spamming HS?

Deleted
    Are there even any trash mobs in Highmaul that can be stunned by Shockwave? I haven't found them if they are.
    This might sound rough and stupid, but if they are 2x your characters size you cant stun them. Otherwise go for it.

As an example so I dont make a fool of myself the trash after kargath is stunnable. The big ogres after butcher are not but the small ones are.

The trash just before brackenspore are all stunnable. Dont quote me on this one but I think the small ogres at twins trash is also stunnable, the casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorrax View Post
    How is do you play to get the most out of Unyielding Strikes? Only use on cleave/aoe fights along with cleave glyph? At what amount of stacks do you start spamming HS?
    I was about to ask the same question. Any direction on how to maximize US would be fantastic. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    I was about to ask the same question. Any direction on how to maximize US would be fantastic. Thanks!
    I'm sorry but such a thing as a set mode for unyielding strikes doesnt exist and nothing people tell you will make any difference.

What matters is your current situation, what do you need to use rage for? Are you actively tanking? Is there any major attacks coming soon?

Your heroic strike usage is heavily depending on wether you need your rage for defense or not.

This might sound rough and stupid, but if they are 2x your characters size you cant stun them. Otherwise go for it.

As an example so I dont make a fool of myself the trash after kargath is stunnable. The big ogres after butcher are not but the small ones are.

The trash just before brackenspore are all stunnable. Dont quote me on this one but I think the small ogres at twins trash is also stunnable, the casters.
    Weird. I used shockwave on pretty much all trash in Highmaul during the first week of clears and all I saw was immune from pretty much everything I thought to use it on. Maybe I was mistaken, though...

i keep reading that revenge should be used over shield slam (no HR) if you prioritize dps and rps (even single target). but i haven't seen anything supporting that. i'll grant you it's close enough to not really matter, but as far as i can tell shield slam remains ahead on both metrics.

i've tried mastery and crit gear sets, and 1.5 and 0.75s swing timers on bosses (butcher). but shield slam always comes out ahead on 250k iterations.

i suspect the shield slam > revenge damage argument comes from the tooltip value, but simply ignores ultimatum procs. I'm not sure where the rps argument comes from. unless maybe it's Revenge only greater than Shield Slam without SnB proc - i can run that later....

in any case, here's what i get consistently. i use dtps as the rps metric by dumping rage with barrier.

edit:
    ignore the BlockS in the name for the R>SS, forgot to change it, and don't want to run 250k iterations again for the name change.

Deleted
    Weird. I used shockwave on pretty much all trash in Highmaul during the first week of clears and all I saw was immune from pretty much everything I thought to use it on. Maybe I was mistaken, though...
    No you're not mistaken I'm just speaking from my ass. Thought they were stunnable, but just tried in a raid and you cant stun them. Sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifterstorm View Post
    On my Druid Tank as well as my Monk tank we also get destroyed by trash packs (we are both around 670 ilvl). Idk what it is but trash is pretty punishing when you don't CC ect even when you over gear the content. Blizz is doing very well at getting you prepared for the boss fights with the trash before the encounters and I think that now these trash packs have "abilities" that are training you for what is to come and that includes the damage output. The other tank and I have bets of who will die first and who will go jump in first to get all the inital agro. Be mindful too that we are doing mythic progression and we are not tank who don't know their classes ect. Your not doing anything wrong. They hurt...a LOT
    I rarely die on trash in HM, except the pack right before Koragh due to not resheeping etc. The trash after Kargath: focus the small ones with mostly single target DPS. They stack a debuff on you where you get magic damage, on 6-7 stacks you are very likely going to die. Same goes for the pack after butcher, but you can skip this pack by hugging the wall. Right before brackenspore sheep/frog the bloodmages (trap/SAP does not work so great, getting out too early). Trash before the Portal to twins: CC the caster, and kill the melees first.
    Overall i think the small mobs are the most dangerous due to their stacking debuff, kill them first with singletarget damage and you should be fine.

I want to ask a noobish question here, as i am still learning the warrior class.
    Is protection a good choice for PVP? I underline "protection", meaning no Glad at 100. I've seen quite some warriors running like that in bg's. Dunno if just for fun, or if they're actually playing prot pvp in rbgs/arenas, but they seem to be doing pretty well and are a huge pain in the ass if some healer supports them.

Thanks in advance to those who'll take their time for an answer.
    Because some things are just worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostHate View Post
    I want to ask a noobish question here, as i am still learning the warrior class.
    Is protection a good choice for PVP? I underline "protection", meaning no Glad at 100. I've seen quite some warriors running like that in bg's. Dunno if just for fun, or if they're actually playing prot pvp in rbgs/arenas, but they seem to be doing pretty well and are a huge pain in the ass if some healer supports them.

Thanks in advance to those who'll take their time for an answer.

... Yes ...
    Last edited by Teye; 2015-02-01 at 03:43 AM.