Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    How's the barrier buff going? I haven't had a chance to check yet.

Deleted
    just a 24.4% increase

stil shit tho

10+ Year Old Account
    I gained 3 ilvls between last week and this week (now 681). My average Sbar (on flamebender since I use it on wolves) was ~ 45K last week and ~65K this week. My largest bar last week was 85K and this week it was 160K. I must have had some rocking resolve this week when I popped it?

I wish they either buffed it another 25% - 70% OR dropped the rage cost to say 40 - 50 range. I understand that it's a little more on demand than guard is but guard is a much better *OH SNAP save me Tommm Cruiseeee* ability. TLDR: Wish it was more like guard.
    Last edited by chaddd; 2015-02-26 at 05:36 PM.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Deleted
    Perhaps it double dips with Resolve? ~25% increase with 200% resolve is a 100% overall increase or is my math derpy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Perhaps it double dips with Resolve? ~25% increase with 200% resolve is a 100% overall increase or is my math derpy?
    Resolve is just a multiplier of the absorb, I don't see any way the buff would cause it to double dip with resolve.

Just for the sake of comparison, I compared my average and highest shield barriers on M Oregorger for this week and last week:

Avg.
    This week: 63,516
    Last week: 47,624

Highest
    This week: 144,316
    Last week: 111,617

The first is about a 33% increase and the second about 29%, if you take into account some variability with resolve values, trinket/ring procs and better gear, it seems to be in line with the SBar buff.
    Last edited by Toroq; 2015-02-27 at 02:00 PM.

So my BRF cache so graciously gave me the Battering Talisman from Blackhand. Is there any situation where this trinket is usable in any sense?

Deleted
    Battering Talisman, same here. For some (most) of the mythic fights you will need a stam trinket, but Pillar of the Earth is always better

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyVG View Post
    So my BRF cache so graciously gave me the Battering Talisman from Blackhand. Is there any situation where this trinket is usable in any sense?
    The only situation I can think of is if you need a stamina trinket (say, for mythic Gruul) and don't have a Pillar from Tectus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Toroq View Post
    The only situation I can think of is if you need a stamina trinket (say, for mythic Gruul) and don't have a Pillar from Tectus.

I don't know about that, I mean I'd still rather take a BA trinket than that. Stam trinket with a haste proc, that's just not very optimal at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The loot gods gave me this in my cache this week... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/113906/raid-mythic crit/mast/socket/695.. yup. And also http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/113662/raid-mythic in my M HM cache.

But of course I rolled gold on everything in raid this week.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    I don't know about that, I mean I'd still rather take a BA trinket than that. Stam trinket with a haste proc, that's just not very optimal at all.
    Problem is when Slash can actually hit higher than your total health pool with CDs up, the stamina from Battering Talisman provides a bigger buffer than the BA from, say, Evergaze or Knight's Badge. Battering Talisman IS a bad trinket, but a huge chunk of stamina is simply what gives you the most survivability against a big hit like that.

There's a reason I said mythic; there is no normal or heroic encounter where I would consider Battering Talisman as an option.
    Last edited by Toroq; 2015-02-27 at 09:29 PM.

With the stam food being hotfixed to 187 stam. For a warrior what are your thoughts on using this stam food over the 125 mastery as default? Obviously mastery would be better against physical attacks and give you slightly higher AP for those that want to pad ranks, but the only times I ever feel vulnerable as a prot war, like most others here I am sure, is large unblockable damage (physical as well as magic).
    Last edited by Tuffguss; 2015-02-28 at 05:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguss View Post
    With the stam food being hotfixed to 187 stam. For a warrior what are your thoughts on using this stam food over the 125 mastery as default? Obviously mastery would be better against physical attacks and give you slightly higher AP for those that want to pad ranks, but the only times I ever feel vulnerable as a prot war, like most others here I am sure, is large unblockable damage (physical as well as magic).
    TMI (Burstability) is godly, go with the stamina food for progression in situations where you have a 6 second TMI of over 100k

100k TMI = 100% of your HP can be potentially removed in a 6 second window
    100k TMI = 100% of your HP can be potentially removed in a 3 second window

You will notice 187 stamina a lot more than you will notice 125 mastery

my sbars with ~220-230% have been reaching the 160-180k range in varied geared (have a crit and mastery gear set, was getting similar numbers with both). i can see it being used a lot more often than what it was pre 6.1, but i don't think its in a good spot, still. id like to see it buffed maybe another 5%.

Couple of questions concerning Tier2 and Tier6 talents in 6.1:
    1. Is it worth now to change Enraged Regeneration to buffed Second Wind?
    2. Does the new Avatar give more overall dps than Bloodbath? Now I notice in armories that some prots started using Avatar.

If it was discussed before, give me just a link. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueno View Post
    Couple of questions concerning Tier2 and Tier6 talents in 6.1:
    1. Is it worth now to change Enraged Regeneration to buffed Second Wind?
    2. Does the new Avatar give more overall dps than Bloodbath? Now I notice in armories that some prots started using Avatar.

If it was discussed before, give me just a link. Thanks.
    Realistically in a raid environment at anything above LFR you are going to get very little mileage out of second wind. If you are at <35% health in a raid and not receiving any heals from anyone to take you above 35%, how long do you think you will last?

Avatar vs Bloodbath depends on a few factors, not limited to but including; total fight time, uptime on a boss, time a boss is in execute range and trinkets.

If you get things line up and sync like trinkets and your major uptime on a boss being on a 1:30 cycle then Avatar will be better.

For most fights I'm still taking bloodbath as on a level playing field it will usually get slightly better results but the damage difference is absolutely minimal to the point of sneezing and missing 0.5 seconds on a boss will be more than the difference between the two talents. Or even if the boss takes a slightly different pathing one attempt to the next.

I personally prefer bloodbath and roll with that for now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Sim-wise haste isn't AS bad as you would think. It all depends on how much you are going to gain with relative weighting, also bear in mind that it will have more strength and stamina. My current weights for TDR are; Crit 0.74, Mastery 0.71, Haste 0.41 and for TMI; Mastery 1.19, Crit 0.89, Haste 0.38, Multistrike 0.69
    I'm curious though, how much do you weight versatility eddy? My sims put versatility above mastery even on the TMI scaling.

Deleted
    In DTPS its around 80% the value of Mrit / Mastery
    In TMI its equal with mastery, Crit being around 70% the potency of mastery

Having said that, I would only really take it as a "Bonus" and would be looking for crit or mastery first

Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    my sbars with ~220-230% have been reaching the 160-180k range in varied geared (have a crit and mastery gear set, was getting similar numbers with both). i can see it being used a lot more often than what it was pre 6.1, but i don't think its in a good spot, still. id like to see it buffed maybe another 5%.
    How are you seeing how big your Shield Barriers are in Warcraft Logs? I'm having trouble figuring it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    How are you seeing how big your Shield Barriers are in Warcraft Logs? I'm having trouble figuring it out.
    Select your name on a fight, select buffs and you can see them under defensive buffs.