Page 50 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by booi View Post
    kk, think i've found the bug.
    if you have the 685 profile listed before the 706 profile, it takes less damage.
    if you have the 706 profile listed above for the 685 profile, then the 706 takes less damage

these are the same two paladin profiles as above, just swapped their order:

i'll bug theck in irc later to see if he has any ideas.
    Yeah, that's a pretty weird bug but thankfully kind of obvious to notice and shouldn't affect using the rest of the table. Just mentally swap the 685 door trinket down a couple of steps it looks perfectly reasonable.

Thank you for this effort too btw; last week, I was finally lucky with trinket drops (or rather my rolls!) so these tables have really saved me a lot of time.

Dear almighty prot warriors, I need your help. I've got a big strange problem with Kromog, some kind of a bug maybe.
    I can't hit him with my Shield Slam! I push the button and nothing happens, only gcd starts, but not cd. No misses or something like that, ability simple doesn't work. I've tried to move in different ways - closer and farther, even jumping - nothing helps. Indeed if I spam Shield Slam many times in a row - nearly 1 of 10 attempts work and it hits, but it's not a solution. So I have no Rage and dps and feel like a baby noob with a big shield.
    Absolutely the same thing with gripping stone hand - I can't hit it with Shield Slam.
    I've checked it 3 times in LFR and 2 times in Heroic.

that's strange Bueno, can you share a log?

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno View Post
    Dear almighty prot warriors, I need your help. I've got a big strange problem with Kromog, some kind of a bug maybe.
    I can't hit him with my Shield Slam! I push the button and nothing happens, only gcd starts, but not cd. No misses or something like that, ability simple doesn't work. I've tried to move in different ways - closer and farther, even jumping - nothing helps. Indeed if I spam Shield Slam many times in a row - nearly 1 of 10 attempts work and it hits, but it's not a solution. So I have no Rage and dps and feel like a baby noob with a big shield.
    Absolutely the same thing with gripping stone hand - I can't hit it with Shield Slam.
    I've checked it 3 times in LFR and 2 times in Heroic.
    I've never heard of this happening (and hasn't happened to me on any difficulty), so the only suggestion that I can give is a pretty general one. Have you tried speccing into your offspec, then going back to Protection? I know it sounds ridiculous, but one time back in SoO I wasn't generating threat on things (three Rogues using tricks and three Hunters MD'ing me and once the duration of those wore off, I'd just lose threat to DPS), so I tried switching out of and back into Protection and didn't have the problem.

No guarantee that it'll fix your issue, as it's an interaction with targets rather than something like a threat modifier, but it's probably the closest thing to "turning it off and on again" available in the game. Worth a shot at least if you haven't tried it
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

Been having trouble tracking down a stat weight for the build that favors mastery. Particularly, I picked up the mas/ba cloak 700 garden variety and then boxed a Gronn-stitched with avoidance and a socket, not warforged. Torn between which one to favor. Thoughts?

Deleted
    it's surprising for me blast furnace door gives more dps than the tablet, maybe it's mostly the high bonus armor on it but it shows mastery is still a serious offensive stat(and will probably be more and more because it scales up with gear)

And for the cloak i think the socketted one is better with a mastery gem, as versatility really isn't that bad of a stat for warriors (also avoidance works nicely on some mechanics like slam,magical part of inferno slice,charring breath, the twins jump and a lot of stuff that doesn't immediatly come to mind)
    Last edited by mmoc2bcd1f7e82; 2015-03-29 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evtanking View Post
    it's surprising for me blast furnace door gives more dps than the tablet, maybe it's mostly the high bonus armor on it but it shows mastery is still a serious offensive stat(and will probably be more and more because it scales up with gear)
    The tablet may very well be more dps if you lined it up with your dps cooldowns. the apl i have it in weaves it in around shield block, demo shout, shield wall etc. it actually is used every 146 seconds on average as a result instead of 120.

if you tied it to every other bloodbath with ravager, you'd get a good chunk of damage out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by booi View Post
    The tablet may very well be more dps if you lined it up with your dps cooldowns. the apl i have it in weaves it in around shield block, demo shout, shield wall etc. it actually is used every 146 seconds on average as a result instead of 120.

if you tied it to every other bloodbath with ravager, you'd get a good chunk of damage out of it.
    The offensive weight of Bonus Armor vs Mastery is probably nearly double. That's why BFD is coming out on top. Bonus Armor is nearly equivalent to strength.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldi View Post
    that's strange Bueno, can you share a log?
    Here is a log.
    .com/reports/9cVzfRtqm4DHX1Ah/ - insert it after default link (I'm forbidded to post links in this forum).

I tried tanking with another prot warrior and he said that everything is ok with him and was surprised. You see that I used Shield Slam only once - indeed I clicked it more times, but only one was successfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Jjmackey View Post
    No guarantee that it'll fix your issue, as it's an interaction with targets rather than something like a threat modifier, but it's probably the closest thing to "turning it off and on again" available in the game. Worth a shot at least if you haven't tried it
    Thanks for an advice, didn't help. I've also tried tanking sideward, dancing, looking up and down, jumping and so on... nothing helped

Finally I tried to change stance to dps Glad and stand in melee dps area - the same thing, I couldn't use Shield Slam on Kromog and Stone Hand and did only 18k dps having 682ilvl (

I've deleted client and now I'm installing it once again. I'll try tomorrow in lfr. Is this some kind of personal account bug? What can I do in this situation. If write ticket to Blizz, will they do something in this situation and what?
    Last edited by Bueno; 2015-03-31 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Is this some kind of personal account bug? What can I do in this situation. If write ticket to Blizz, will they do something in this situation and what?
    Its only you and blizzard will tell you to try the 2nd step first.

Disable all addons.
    Delete cache folder

Still dont work ?

Delete; WTF, Interface and Cache folder (After taking a backup of the first 2).
    This is the same as a full reinstall minus some left over registry values, nothing that matters to your problem

If it doesn't work now, you have some serious issues with your comp.

@Booi, amazing sim, been looking for one

If reinstalling doesn't work, try dragging Shield Slam out of the spellbook to somewhere else on your bars, don't put it in a macro or anything, and see if it works. If it doesn't you might want to open a ticket. There have been cases before of an ability breaking for just one character in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    The offensive weight of Bonus Armor vs Mastery is probably nearly double. That's why BFD is coming out on top. Bonus Armor is nearly equivalent to strength.
    Yeah, i'm sure you're correct.

I just wanted to be clear that the apl was not optimized for dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pooglecoborg View Post
    If reinstalling doesn't work, try dragging Shield Slam out of the spellbook to somewhere else on your bars, don't put it in a macro or anything, and see if it works. If it doesn't you might want to open a ticket. There have been cases before of an ability breaking for just one character in particular.
    Likely not the problem, but might be worth double checking:

I was wondering if you might have any old macros from pvp that switch between two handers and a shield? You can still revenge without a shield but not shield slam. Likely not it though, as you wouldn't be able to devastate either.

@Pooglecoborg I know this sounds weird, but double check that you're in defensive stance too. I've been in weird situations where I ended up in no stance, wondering wtf was going on when changing specs.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Here is a log.
    .com/reports/9cVzfRtqm4DHX1Ah/ - insert it after default link (I'm forbidded to post links in this forum).

I tried tanking with another prot warrior and he said that everything is ok with him and was surprised. You see that I used Shield Slam only once - indeed I clicked it more times, but only one was successfull.

Thanks for an advice, didn't help. I've also tried tanking sideward, dancing, looking up and down, jumping and so on... nothing helped

Finally I tried to change stance to dps Glad and stand in melee dps area - the same thing, I couldn't use Shield Slam on Kromog and Stone Hand and did only 18k dps having 682ilvl (

I've deleted client and now I'm installing it once again. I'll try tomorrow in lfr. Is this some kind of personal account bug? What can I do in this situation. If write ticket to Blizz, will they do something in this situation and what?
    Might sound silly but you don't have bubble wand macroed into anything that is known to cause problems with using abilities

Ravager vs. Glad on Blackhand (heroic)? His auto attack damage is high, but does the extra 5% overall reduction help more with all the other damage going on in the fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyVG View Post
    Ravager vs. Glad on Blackhand (heroic)? His auto attack damage is high, but does the extra 5% overall reduction help more with all the other damage going on in the fight?
    I went with ravager (on both Heroic and Mythic) since you get a higher effective uptime on it due to the tank swapping. i.e. you can have it up 11sec out of maybe ~30 sec that you spend actually actively tanking. It may depend on what strategy you're using and such though: if you are doing the attached bomb in p3, taking all/most of the smashes in p1/2 (unparryable damage) and stuff, maybe you'd rather gladiator's passive reduction.

Guys, ehat you think which trinket is better to use? EAE (mythic 685) or TTT (heroic 685)? Other trinket is BFD, Heroic 685. Thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borcaxe View Post
    Guys, ehat you think which trinket is better to use? EAE (mythic 685) or TTT (heroic 685)? Other trinket is BFD, Heroic 685. Thank you
    I Run with EAE Mythic & BFD Heroic currently, I do switch out EAE sometimes for a stamina trinket if I feel I need the extra health buffer.

(You could also scroll up a few posts and see the wonderfull work Booi has done and draw your own conclusions )
    Last edited by mmocf1c430c691; 2015-04-09 at 02:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Best part about tanking, keep all trinkets! There are fights where having an on demand armor CD can be better than an RPPM version.

Examples:
    Gruul for inferno slice - You can actually use it across two slices if you time it right, similar to Last Stand although I prefer a stamina trinket here as my second trinket.
    Oregorger for Acid Torrent
    Kromog for use with multiple debuffs
    Iron Maidens if tanking Marack sub 20% (Just use it as an additional rolling CD)
    Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever

Twitter: @erlaya_warrior
    Guild: Invoke
    Recruitment: Need Disc Priest, Demon Hunter & Any other awesome DPS
    Mythic Progress: 6/8 Uldir & 5/9 BoD

I really wish Blizzard would consider hotfixing Blackhand's stamina trinket into a proc other than haste. As far as I know, that proc is worthless for just about every class. It's disheartening to have that be a trinket dropping from an end boss when it could have been a dps or healer trinket which I know just about everyone wants.