Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For reference - Versatility options in HFC:
    Shoulders: Come with Haste. Crit/MS set available with 5 more ilvl.
    Bracer: Comes with MS. Crit/mastery available with 5 more ilvl.
    Gloves: With Crit. Really good. Would mean not using 4p (as chest is automatic offpiece)
    Belt: With mastery. But crit/mastery is available with 10 higher ilvl
    Legs: With mastery. Set legs are crit mastery and 5 ilvls higher.
    Boots: With crit. Crit/mastery boots available 5 ilvls higher.
    Trinket: Imbued Stone Sigil is a great survival trinket with stamina, versatility and bonus armor.

So in HFC there is the trinket. Gloves are an option if you are committed not to run 4p. The real question for versatility imo is enchants/gems. But for gear selection there aren't really any versatility items that make strong candidates - if for no other reason because of the stamina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krennick View Post
    For reference - Versatility options in HFC:
    Shoulders: Come with Haste. Crit/MS set available with 5 more ilvl.
    Bracer: Comes with MS. Crit/mastery available with 5 more ilvl.
    Gloves: With Crit. Really good. Would mean not using 4p (as chest is automatic offpiece)
    Belt: With mastery. But crit/mastery is available with 10 higher ilvl
    Legs: With mastery. Set legs are crit mastery and 5 ilvls higher.
    Boots: With crit. Crit/mastery boots available 5 ilvls higher.
    Trinket: Imbued Stone Sigil is a great survival trinket with stamina, versatility and bonus armor.

So in HFC there is the trinket. Gloves are an option if you are committed not to run 4p. The real question for versatility imo is enchants/gems. But for gear selection there aren't really any versatility items that make strong candidates - if for no other reason because of the stamina.
    Yep. It's a pity, really.

Deleted
    I anyone else having issues simming for tmi/dtps? Simcraft either doesn't respond when its done or it doesnt display any stat weight at all. Please help :s

edit: nvm found out my role was set to attack for some weird reason:/
    Last edited by mmoce4801d1e55; 2015-08-06 at 10:52 AM.

I'm going to try to pug Mannoroth and Archimonde this weekend on my port warrior alt. I've done the fights enough as a dps to know the general positioning. Does anyone have any tips for normal mode?

Quote Originally Posted by ziir View Post
    I'm going to try to pug Mannoroth and Archimonde this weekend on my port warrior alt. I've done the fights enough as a dps to know the general positioning. Does anyone have any tips for normal mode?
    On mannaroth. Don't taunt until the end of the massive blast cast. And in phase 4 dbt charge back after the massive blast or you'll get gibbed by the purple waves. Just land, then leap back around the waves.

Quote Originally Posted by booi View Post
    On mannaroth. Don't taunt until the end of the massive blast cast. And in phase 4 dbt charge back after the massive blast or you'll get gibbed by the purple waves. Just land, then leap back around the waves.
    If you stand very close to Mannoroth (i.e. within the targeting circle) you can charge him while in the air without any issues. There was a hotfix for this a few weeks ago.

Deleted
    To Emancptr/Eddy:

Could you please share your custom boss profiles for simcraft? Much appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by mmocf1c0d12f07; 2015-08-08 at 05:26 PM.

I don't keep mine saved between every session and it varies for every single boss. I can give you some general tips on around where you should be simming, but you have to do a little bit of the work yourself on tweaking.

Generally, it can be summed up as look at what logs for a boss are showing and try to accurately sim a boss based on that. I'm also completely self-taught on simC so some of the things I do are workarounds that probably have a more elegant solution.

Auto-Attack Damage Basic outline:

actions=auto_attack,damage=700000,attack_speed=1.5

I generally sim boss auto attack damage between 700k and 800k. This number is obviously before any mitigation, but it matches what you would expect from most of the bosses based upon logs. I use attack speed 1.5 for most of my sims because almost all of the bosses have a swing timer that is 1.50-1.55 seconds long. Exceptions to this would be Socrethar where the construct duel wields two weapons at a 1.5s speed and Zakuun's Heavy Handed.

Spell Nuke Damage:

actions+=/spell_nuke,damage=300000,cooldown=15,attack_speed=1.0

This is what I would use to model something like Xhul'horac Fel Strike or Artillery from Iron Reaver. This number usually varies from 300k to 500k depending on what boss I'm simming and what I want the cooldown to be (15-30 seconds usually). For things like this, it's important to compare to actual logs to see what kind of damage you're taking and then compare that to the sim results.

Spell Dot Damage:

actions+=/spell_dot,damage=60000,dot_duration=30,tick_time=2,cooldown=40,attack_speed=1.0

I would use this to model a dot from something like Gorefiend spirit and/or the damage from Dia on Council (even though the damage from void bolt/shadow phase could be considered a nuke it's easier to model as a dot). I would switch the damage of the dot from 50k-100k depending on the fight and how heavily I wanted to weight it towards magic damage.

I don't generally sim bosses with taunt swaps included, but there is an argument to be made for simming a taunt swapping boss (i.e. not 100% active uptime/need to cast defensive spells). I don't sim like this because most of the bosses on Mythic have an add that forces both tanks to be tanking something at all times. If you do want to sim a taunt swapping boss you have to do a lot of work on creating an action.list for both players that includes a forced taunt swap (either based on CD or based on a number of debuffs the boss applies).

In the end you would get a boss that looks something like this (for a boss that does magic damage), for a boss like Zakuun I would remove the nuke damage and increase the auto_attack damage:

enemy=fluffy_pillow
    actions=auto_attack,damage=700000,attack_speed=1.5
    actions+=/spell_nuke,damage=400000,cooldown=15,attack_speed=0.5

Note: Spell damage is always considered to be fire damage, you can change the damage type if you want, but generally it doesn't matter.

When do I do a tank switch on Kilrogg? Do I even need to? I can have a CD up every shred armor so I never take any stacks of it.

On mythic you need to do it for the second big add spawning. One tank can't eat both of the explosions without going over on their corruption and being MC'd (a warrior technically can take both if he dodges some of the corruption with a heroic leap and the add is killed quickly). After that, you can just tank the big add in melee because your corruption should never be a problem with a healer ring cleansing corruption in melee range.

If it's normal/heroic I don't think there's ever a reason to tank swap
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2015-08-09 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toroq View Post
    If you stand very close to Mannoroth (i.e. within the targeting circle) you can charge him while in the air without any issues. There was a hotfix for this a few weeks ago.

Interesting - thanks.

Deleted
    The only time you wont be able to charge Mannoroth is from his empowered combo on Mythic. It seems to lock down your movement abilities including charge, transcendence and heroic leap while it is knocking you back. During the rest of the fight though you can usually heroic leap back down just as the second ability in the combo (blast) has finished casting and you will leap down and the boss will not move at all.

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    The only time you wont be able to charge Mannoroth is from his empowered combo on Mythic. It seems to lock down your movement abilities including charge, transcendence and heroic leap while it is knocking you back. During the rest of the fight though you can usually heroic leap back down just as the second ability in the combo (blast) has finished casting and you will leap down and the boss will not move at all.
    Empowered Blast does say it stuns you on mythic, so that makes sense.

For the second part though, is there any specific reason why you wouldn't just have the other tank taunt after blast? Then the boss won't move whether you charge/leap or not.

Deleted
    You can have the second tank taunt but he will still cast the 3rd ability on the same one that he does massive blast on, unlike phase 1. Sometimes this just results in him moving a little bit... its a tiny bit annoying but manageable : )

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    You can have the second tank taunt but he will still cast the 3rd ability on the same one that he does massive blast on, unlike phase 1. Sometimes this just results in him moving a little bit... its a tiny bit annoying but manageable : )
    Are you sure it works that way? I was fairly certain I'd seen the other tank take the second Thrust in P3 mythic, so I tried to find an example of it: at 9:30 in Method' kill vid Sco takes the first Thrust + Blast, but it looks like Justmonk takes the second Thrust due to him taking a large amount of damage whereas Sco's health bar doesn't move after the Blast.

I tried to find a log showcasing the same thing as well, and the best I could find was from one of Nihilum's logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...71&end=1880787

As far as I can tell, in this log Treckie takes one hit of Glaive Thrust at 6:50 (after taunting), the first Thrust and the Blast at 7:20 (Cellso taunts and takes 2nd Thrust), and only takes all of the abilities at 8:25 (where he seems to bubble the Blast)
    Last edited by Toroq; 2015-08-09 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm it may have been fixed but early on it seemed to be not allowing me to take the last hit, even with taunting 0.1 after the massive was cast

Methods kill is pretty early though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Methods kill is pretty early though
    We all make mistakes, stop rubbing it in.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2015-08-12 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Well we did some fairly extensive testing on it, just going by that It would make sense if you think about it, given that the waves always spawn off the initial target and not the one taunting.

It may have been mentioned and i missed it but under what circumstances are you guys using the ring for survivability? Currently we only use it when the blood dk wants to increase his damage.