Thread: Im speechless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    A declining population that is about to fall below monks to least played class would suggest that keeping rogues stagnant is pleasing a small minority.
    I really don't get why people complain about rogue populations. What is it to us if our population is high or low? The lower it is the less competition you have for guild spots. Too bad 90%+ of WoW don't like playing rogue, it's an acquired taste I'd say. I only gain from the game having a low rogue population. The thief archetype is never very popular in MMOs. Rogues were only popular back when world PVP was still a thing, due to stealth. It has nothing to do with the class being unplayable gameplay wise, most people just seem to prefer ADD proc spam rotations, but if they turn rogues into one of those too then you will just alienate the current rogue playerbase, which might lose them even more of the rogue population than it would gain. We don't need a revamp, we just need some interesting talents and some better animations.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    What game are you playing? Outside of when they had the legendaries, they have always been the worst PvE class.
    If you seriously think rogues have ever been the worst PVE class, you're delusional. The only time I recall really sucking was in 3.0 WotLK until we started abusing HAT bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    They're not on the player.
    They're automatically redirected when you switch targets.
    That's the same thing?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    That's the same thing?
    Oh if only... they still randomly disappear when mobs die / disappear. If they were on the player like Chi/Holy Power that wouldn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I wish my class (Dk) had changed less. To each their own I suppose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Oh if only... they still randomly disappear when mobs die / disappear. If they were on the player like Chi/Holy Power that wouldn't happen.
    I guess having them on the player would make it simpler to track... Blizzard doesn't realize this? combo points on the creature never made sense anyway... I mean.. isn't it the player who's getting into the "Swing" of it, so to speak
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I guess having them on the player would make it simpler to track... Blizzard doesn't realize this? combo points on the creature never made sense anyway... I mean.. isn't it the player who's getting into the "Swing" of it, so to speak
    Its not just a tracking issue - you completely lose combo points in a lot of situations.

Deleted
    What's up with all these non-rogue mains in this thread? No offense, just curious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowprince View Post
    What's up with all these non-rogue mains in this thread? No offense, just curious.
    The title from Front Page

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I really don't get why people complain about rogue populations. What is it to us if our population is high or low? The lower it is the less competition you have for guild spots. Too bad 90%+ of WoW don't like playing rogue, it's an acquired taste I'd say. I only gain from the game having a low rogue population. The thief archetype is never very popular in MMOs. Rogues were only popular back when world PVP was still a thing, due to stealth. It has nothing to do with the class being unplayable gameplay wise, most people just seem to prefer ADD proc spam rotations, but if they turn rogues into one of those too then you will just alienate the current rogue playerbase, which might lose them even more of the rogue population than it would gain. We don't need a revamp, we just need some interesting talents and some better animations.
    It's not about the population having a direct impact on experience. It is what the population ratios and changes in those ratios represent. The lower rogue population is is not the less competition you have for guild spots, because you are competing against whatever those former rogues are now playing if it is DPS spot, or losing to those former rogues if the guild needs ranged DPS or someone that can off-spec heal or tank.

The point of pointing out population numbers is that rogues were once one of the most played classes in the game, and we are now about to be the least played. That says something about the state of the class. If every single expansion, less and less people are playing a class, clearly something is wrong with that class that is leading to people choosing other classes over it.

If you have 11 flavors of ice cream and every month less and less people are ordering #8, chances are it is not as good as your other flavors and you should probably do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    What I had hoped for was more quality in the talent trees
    Me too absolutely no substance came in that regard.

PLEASE CAN YOUR EMOTIONAL RESPONSES!

I'm tired of hearing how good this class this class is worthless! i spent the most of my time on this class. i know this class inside and out and i think this product is terrible and garbage. i've gone on for a year now of not using this product for at least a year and just doing that is a step-back. gives you perspective. this class is giblets; if you prefer minced giblets. to a nice juicy hamburger you get from five guys. rogue is a class that requires quality which is far cry from the truth. honest story. stop wasting your time with it no one cares. you think your skilled at it? everyone plays the same. first off they will not reward the high skill cap anymore. thats what is first rip off at sight of it second they took all manor of choice which was the flavoring of it if it had any. served up to its gibletized bowl of mush that has an awful smell. the texture is this synthetic abstract to the real thing. boulder-dash

quiet! your speechless of this non-sense rubbish! blizzard is phucking stupid and they are depraving them selves of profits going out the window. what ever allien injected its parasites into the blizzard i used to know is dead. replaced by this shit that we are forced to except. rubbish. if you think everything is a nice experience: go take a shit out in the woods and wipe your ass with poison oak and go tell customers service that they have no toilet paper out side. fools.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-10-12 at 05:11 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Rogues have never been a top PvE class, they were only good when they had the legendary warglaives, then the legendary daggers. They are actually going to be very strong in PvP, maybe not Cata or TBC like, but they will be the strongest melee class.

Btw if you are talking about change just for the sake of change, there are classes that don't change at all between expansions(Paladins).

New expansion ≠ class redesign.
    I would argue that Rogues have become better designed for PVE than pvp in recent years.

Rogues only do really well in 3s in a very select few number of comps usually with a mage.

Late cataclysm we saw rogues get over buffed ( and when i say rogues i mean just sub) Plus legendary daggers made them incredibly OP then they got nuked with nerfs for Mists. In Wotlk Rogues were the squishiest class in the game in pvp and through most of this expansion it was far easier to gain rating by accepting any other melee on your team like a warrior, in the early patches rogues got shat on and did no damage they still get out damaged in pvp by a longshot by pretty much every other class in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

My conclusion is that for me all I have to look forward too if I played my rogue this expansion is saving on 4 binds from losing dismantle, shadow reflection, redirect, and shadow blades. Im really really going to miss dismantle when facing a class such as a warrior but it works both ways i guess they cant disarm me either, disarm is not the CC I had in mind to be completely removed from the game however I just wanted better DRs.

Im not looking forward to Garrisons or Ashran and there are no new battlegrounds or Arena venues. Im sure Ashran will be fun but its just a sandbox I was hoping they would add incentives for spontaneous world pvp and add new battlegrounds. The devs think theres actually too many Bgs currently, simple solution dump the most unpopular ones like Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest and Strand of the ancients.

Also im expecting ashran to be pluaged with vehicles and turrets melded into the pvp. Thats not PVP vehicles , walls and turrets and guard NPcs is like doing PVE if I want to do PVE I will go back to raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be closing this since we have multiple threads where people have been airing and discussing their grievances with the coming patch. A rogue quitting the game just isn't big news for MMO-C with the traffic it has. FWIW, I quit in June (which is why some may have noticed my sense of facts about the upcoming expansion start to drift off). Nothing being said here is new (or factually wrong, except that rogues have often been bad in high-end PvE), so it's really not going to serve a purpose. Sorry if it denies you any catharsis in complaining further, but at least you have company.