Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    i have a hard time understanding how CoP lite is more dps than AS or VE..if you're just simply using it for the instant mind blast with a shorter cd...
    it appears everyone is making it sound like CoP is the only viable 100 talent then, correct? this is what i really don't like..i absolutely love shadow in its current form and I don't think one mandatory talent should be changing the way shadow plays...I mean it's either CoP, CoP lite or CoP execute..where do the other talents come in? they BOTH appeal to me and yet it's looking like CoP is going to be mandatory for me to be viable as a Spriest in mythic raiding...
    VEnt is just not ideal. It requires a very specific set of criteria to shine and that's not going to happen in T17 looking at the fights. Who knows about the future.

AS is in the same state but it doesn't have as harsh requirements. It has a few fights right now where it will outdo CoP by a good amount. Gearing for CoP lite let's you also able to swap to AS and do well there, which is why CoP lite is better to be than CoP mastery. AS also scales extremely well, so while right now it's only a multi-target talent, I think you will see AS being a contender for spec-to-be in the future with higher gear levels.

It's going to happen to every class, shadowpriests or not. Everyone has an ideal spec that outdoes the others, and it's no different here. I think shadow actually has a lot going for it in WoD because we stay interesting and we have multiple ways to play and still do fine. If you don't want to be CoP, it's not like AS and VEnt are completely useless. They only lag behind in patchwerk fights and there's like maybe one fight in T17 that's patchwerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    i absolutely love shadow in its current form and I don't think one mandatory talent should be changing the way shadow plays...
    Except it doesn't.

The talent is incredible for PVP. It provides great mobility (something all casters are losing in WOD), great dmg and quick and efficient orb generation. God forbid Blizzard makes one out of the 3 talents amazing for PVP. If you don't like moving away from being a dot class, try affliction.