Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kharyll View Post
    Dps on the move isn't quality of life, it's a buff.
    This is a very common misconception. The term 'quality of life improvement' is so often used as a way of saying 'this thing hurts me, remove/change it and I'd be happier'. So often the change they are referring too though is a flat out buff. If it effects your effectiveness at your role, it isn't a quality of life change, it is a buff. A quality of life change would be allowing you too summon a Soulwell by yourself, without needing other players to help you. A buff is making the healthstone in your inventory automatically proc when you get to low hp because having to leave a space open on your toolbar for healthstone is really annoying and clicking it in your bag is just bad. It would improve 'quality of life' if healthstone was smart and used itself, but it would also be a massive buff.

Same situation applies to Lightning Bolt on the move. Its not a quality of life change, its a buff that makes your life easier.

im 580 enhance. after a couple month break, my guild went back into SoO to get some boa's and to get back into the swing of things.

we did garrosh 4 times. I was #1 on the meter twice and a close #2 on the meter twice. seemed fine to me but ive never believed in the sky is falling mentality.

your results may vary.

I'm less concerned with DPS (they'll patch that closer if it's a problem) and more concerned with the seeming lack of any real attention to the class for the last couple expansions. Small changes here and there, but not the serious review it requires.

Like, take for example Searing Totem. It's dumb. It's bad. It's boring. It should've been trimmed out and its damage rolled into other skills. The fact that it still exists at all when it doesn't even interact with Lava Lash anymore on Enhance is concerning. It's such an obviously sub-par ability from a design standpoint that I can't imagine why it hasn't been eliminated, unless the person/people in charge of maintaining/curating the class is just phoning it in.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    im 580 enhance. after a couple month break, my guild went back into SoO to get some boa's and to get back into the swing of things.

we did garrosh 4 times. I was #1 on the meter twice and a close #2 on the meter twice. seemed fine to me but ive never believed in the sky is falling mentality.

your results may vary.
    Ignoring the argument that the lower you get the more likely you are to see non-standard results - how much of your damage was to warbringers?

I've been top dps on mythic garrosh even post some of the other classes getting buffs, but if you went by pure single target (all that really matters there except weapons/mc's minor damage + intermission tiny amounts of cleave), I would be like 5th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

your results may vary.
    Ive been #1 or very close to it every single time on Garrosh.

Its not hard to sit there an pad on adds and if theyre up for even one Fire Nova each wave thats a shitload of damage flying out.

That is in no way indicative of "fine".

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Ive been #1 or very close to it every single time on Garrosh.

Its not hard to sit there an pad on adds and if theyre up for even one Fire Nova each wave thats a shitload of damage flying out.

That is in no way indicative of "fine".

Agree'd 100%. Sure AE is strong, but we won't always have starts like garrosh, and that's when we're not fine.
    The world is a deaf machine.

your results may vary.
    You also forget we are currently tuned for level 100, and that results at 90 cannot be taken as what we should expect in 10 levels time.
    RETH

Deleted
    All these level 90 posts doesnt matter at all tbh

I did Highmaul yesterday, and i also watched 2 streams of shamans doing it and we cant Hold up.

Trashpacks? Nice #1
    Boss? Better make the Recount window bigger so you show up

Right now, as a Raidleader, i would see no point in taking in more then 1-2 Shamans, and in that case i pick restos. Why should i go ahead and gear "our" Elemantal shaman with Caster trinkets if he even with full BiS gear will do MUCH MUCH lesser DPS then ALL my other casters. Literally no point hurting the raid.

ITs a damn shame. And blizzard just keeps reducing manacosts aka "here guys you see you are in the patchnotes too!"

Deleted
    Katjezz, I'm waiting for the point where the mana costs go into the negative and we restore mana using spells. :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well 10-30% behind is very much. Too much for a progress guild where even 3 or 4 % constantly would be bad. Especially since both dps specs lack raid utility that would make them "necessary".

Well for the moment, we will ahve to wait if they fix shaman dps after obciously everyone will see how bad they are or if they wait for 6.1.

If they wait for 6.1, i'm out. I still have no clue why e.g. warlocks once again are 20% stronger than elementals.

This has to be intentional for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Well fire mages have the same mobitity as hunters and look where they are. Of course they still have insane scaling,that's why they look so good in highend gear, probably not THAT good in low crit gear. But still, once again mages and locks dominating the ranged front and probably of all dps, just like all MOP.

and those are the T17 results:
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...d-10-9-14.html
    show me where warlocks are dominating anything in t17 mythic please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    You also forget we are currently tuned for level 100, and that results at 90 cannot be taken as what we should expect in 10 levels time.
    Nothing is tuned for lvl 100 right now. There was even a blue post stating this.

Still on the front page of mmo

"Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    any plans on buffing Warlock? After the last "hotfix" they are at the bottom dps at 100 (with all specs).
    We'll adjust tuning as necessary at 100. We did a pass at 90 because it was too significantly off to leave for a month."

That same pass included many changes to other classes other than just locks before someone says "that's only to do with warlocks"
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2014-10-29 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    any plans on buffing Warlock? After the last "hotfix" they are at the bottom dps at 100 (with all specs).
    We'll adjust tuning as necessary at 100. We did a pass at 90 because it was too significantly off to leave for a month."
    So Shamans still can keep up their hopes getting buffed on release Patch or a week after?!!!???!?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Katjezz, I'm waiting for the point where the mana costs go into the negative and we restore mana using spells. :|
    Actually...

Dude, what if shamans elementals would drain your mana instead of being timed.

Spells could be used to compensate for that.

Deleted
    After the latest number tunings its safe to say:
    R.I.P Shaman. It was a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    show me where warlocks are dominating anything in t17 mythic please.
    Warlocks are up there with fire mages and fury warriors if you multi spec. Affli on the single target nukes (no fight duration is not na excuse when you're on the SHAMAN Forums and the only reason enhancement is looking mediocre is because of those short fights), Demo strong on multi-target and Destro strong on AoE.

Oh noes, 2 specs are doing comparable/slightly better! Such weakness!

Nothing is tuned for lvl 100 right now. There was even a blue post stating this.

Still on the front page of mmo

"Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

That same pass included many changes to other classes other than just locks before someone says "that's only to do with warlocks"
    That's why they adjusted demon bolt right? because NOTHING is being tuned for level 100?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."