Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator View Post
    I didn't like what someone said in the other thread about it not being the news job to show shock/gore pictures. Uhm no they should be showing those but pictures of an actually event happening in our world isn't "shock gore" its the fucking news. I bet if they started showing pictures of the things actually happening instead of just having white guys talk about them on tv. That there would be a lot more people who care about something outside of their bubble.
    That is an excellent way to cause widespread panic in our protected bubble of America. They only show you what they think you should see.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    I'm chancing a no-no on this one but - Consider the third thing I mentioned...and the fact that he rose from the dead after three days.
    Totally different, though. He wasn't just a dead body walking around with an insatiable hunger for brains. He actually came back to life. That makes all the difference in the world.

Take my wife. If she died, then suddenly three days later came back home alive as fuck, I would invite her in and we would live our lives together pretty much where we left off...except in a bigger house because we would be rich as shit because of this.

now if she died then came back with milky eyes, rotten flesh, and kept snarling and trying to eat me i would have to shoot her in the head. Then i would cry. Well, then move to a bigger house, because I imagine this experience would make me famous and rich as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaze41 View Post
    That is an excellent way to cause widespread panic in our protected bubble of America. They only show you what they think you should see.
    Or more to the point what they think we WANT to see.

The fact is, most people don't want to see dying people with fluid leaking out people.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

because of all the zombies
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Why would I want to watch footage of Ebola in Africa? All we really need is brief updates to have a good idea of its status. I don't have the means to cure Ebola and watching footage really isn't going to change anything. Mainly we need to restrict transportation if the problem cant be contained.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-10-12 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of it has to do with the governments, Liberia is putting some pretty strict controls on the media..... on the bright side there were no new Ebola cases in Liberia during the last call...according to the government all of the medical labs put up to deal with Ebola in Liberia are over filling though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

What is there to show? People get sick with all sorts of stuff all the time, do you look for footage of people dying/recovering from any disease at all? Do you think it would be fun to watch someone with ebola laying on a bed with a fever and being sick? Something that take days to kill someone isn't dramatic enough to warrant footage of sick people being shown on the news. What you do see is more dramatic events like someone clearly sick and in distress walking around and freaking everyone out, but even those are eventually taken away before they die.

Millions of people die in hospitals every month. Do you want footage to believe that as well? It seems you're skeptical of whether ebola is real or not, but for some reason give credit to reports of "people who died from ebola suddenly coming back to life"?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaze41 View Post
    Wide spread panic would only exist because we are being sheltered from reality. Yes we might panic this time so what it would prevent much more fear mongering by the media in the future. Oh no some people are scared and get their guns and stock pile germ X.

10+ Year Old Account
    The patients have a right to some dignity, why show them in severe distress just to satisfy your viewing pleasure?

I believe the reason(s) we aren't seeing much in-depth footage/coverage of much of the Ebola crisis in Africa are the same reason(s) we, as the general public, aren't told details about many of the scientific and medical experiments being conducted throughout the world: sharing too much information with Everyman is a sure-fire way to bring about confusion and panic. Case in point: look at the panic already present here in the US.

People who work in highly specialized and technical fields, namely science and medicine, are not ethically bound to tell the media everything they are doing, because their knowledge level is so far beyond the average person's that providing Everyman with info on many of the more arcane/dangerous work being done in those fields does naught but make our already-idiotic social media explode with evermore worry, shouting, blame-gaming, and general stupidity. So I wouldn't expect to see a whole heck of a lot of detail coming from Africa, at least not until the virus is somewhat under control. And if I were in science or medicine, I'd be keeping my info close to my vest, also.
    "Death is the least of my apprehensions in this den of evil." - Ivanhoe

I just don't understand what problem you are trying to address by having the media produce these photos/film for the public. You would have to prove that something would have to be gained from such pictures and I do not believe you have proved that point yet.
    The caged bird sings /with a fearful trill /of things unknown /but longed for still /and his tune is heard /on the distant hill /for the caged bird/ sings of freedom.

There's no reason to produce them other than to ease the minds of skeptics. And who cares about them?

Really it won't happen unless the media deems your mind worthy of seeing whatever they want you to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Your last thread looked like you were asking people here to link or show you stuff that is not allowed here. I'll leave this one open, for now.

OT: There isn't a lot of footage because who the hell really wants to see something so gruesome??
    OP has a point though. How come i see beheading video´s on a daily basis but not 1 video of someone with ebola?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    OP has a point though. How come i see beheading video´s on a daily basis but not 1 video of someone with ebola?
    Because Americans die from beheadings. Ebola doesn't kill them (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    This no made so it can't be closed to continue my thread there are no forum rule's being broken here this is to discuss

Previous thread was not about pics or none has been posted.

Simple asking on Topic why arn't there any better info from AFrica regarding Ebola.

I'm not trying to say it is fake we simply see better footage in other parts of the world during something big happens.
    Because only a few people care, mostly those in that area of the world... and since the world wide care-level of x topic is now driven by social media....well, lets say... not one fudge has been given by the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    There's no reason to produce them other than to ease the minds of skeptics. And who cares about them?

Really it won't happen unless the media deems your mind worthy of seeing whatever they want you to see.
    Actually he has a point - at some point this is coming to the EU and US (indeed its here already), so at the very least people need to know what it looks like. Otherwise you could end up with kids spreading it in schools etc, as people don't know what to look for. The problem being made worse if the skeptics happen to be parents / teachers etc, who want little johny to stay in school.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Three reasons I can think of up front
    • It involves westerners
    • Fear is news and also often used as a tool by governments and their agenda (Ebola isnt there yet)
    • It is Africa. We are sadly used of calamities on a regular basis in Africa
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Three reasons I can think of up front
    • It involves westerners
    • Fear is news and also often used as a tool by governments and their agenda (Ebola isnt there yet)
    • It is Africa. We are sadly used of calamities on a regular basis in Africa
    You are forgetting beheading is purely a publicity stunt for terrorism, they deliberately spread it around as much as they can. Ebola is still just a disease that has killed barely more than people simply choking on food in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually quite simple.

1) It's Africa. People barely care about what happens in their own countries.
    2) It's gruesome. Even the news people have limits to what they can show and often times when they do decide to show something more graphic they have to issue warnings, etc. This is why you hear stories about murders all the time but you don't see the corpses.
    3) It's in a low technology area. It isn't likely that everyone has a camera so the availability of images for random joe to upload to the internet are actually likely to be fairly low.
    4) Most people who are going there are very focused on helping and containing the disease, not to report and sensationalize it. I don't imagine there are a ton of reporters on the ground there (Although I know there are some).

I think what I object to about the nature of this sort of question is it carries the hint of conspiracy theory. Just because you don't see 24/7 shocking footage of something doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Actually he has a point - at some point this is coming to the EU and US (indeed its here already), so at the very least people need to know what it looks like. Otherwise you could end up with kids spreading it in schools etc, as people don't know what to look for. The problem being made worse if the skeptics happen to be parents / teachers etc, who want little johny to stay in school.
    It's already in the US and EU. The Texas patient that recently died and Spain's 3 that have it.

I have no problem finding more news than I care to see about Ebola. I'm a little tired of all the coverage being given on local news to something that is never going to be a concern to me.

It's also a question of novelty (which is maybe a bad choice of wording but whatever). People who live in poor conditions and lack access to basic healthcare, let alone advanced methods for dealing with infectious disease, don't exactly surprise us when they are killed by infectious disease. This is an area of the world where AIDS and malaria run rampant for no reason other than poverty and ignorance.
    Last edited by Deathquoi; 2014-10-12 at 04:56 PM.
    Beta Club Brosquad