Deleted

About Bonus rolls... smartest way to use them?

I missed most of MoP so I don't know how it was at the beginning when bonus rolls were introduced etc.

In WoD you can get bonus rolls by:

- spending gold
    - exchanging 500x honor points
    - exchanging 200 Garrison resources
    - farming Apexis Crystals (gained by doing daily quests/garrison dailys/killing rare mobs)

- War mill lvl 3 (garrison, weekly 1-3 bonus rolls)

To get as many bonus rolls as possible, do we have to do all four quests?

source: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...lesser-charms/

Is it smart to save them up for normal/heroic mode? Or do we get 10x http://beta.wowdb.com/currencies/994...-tempered-fate for completing all four quests?
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2014-10-12 at 03:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can only gain three per week, just like in MoP. You simply have some choice in how you obtain the three.

Deleted
    I see. They keep it simple i guess

Anyways, will you guys waste ur rolls on lfr bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    I missed most of MoP so I don't know how it was at the beginning when bonus rolls were introduced etc.

In WoD you can get bonus rolls by:

- spending gold
    - exchanging 500x honor points
    - exchanging 200 Garrison resources
    - farming Apexis Crystals (gained by doing daily quests/garrison dailys/killing rare mobs)

- War mill lvl 3 (garrison, weekly 1-3 bonus rolls)

To get as many bonus rolls as possible, do we have to do all four quests?

source: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...lesser-charms/

Is it smart to save them up for normal/heroic mode? Or do we get 10x http://beta.wowdb.com/currencies/994...-tempered-fate for completing all four quests?
    Generally you want to use them on the highest difficulty you know you will be raiding on. Now if a particular fight drops say a weapon that's a massive upgrade for you, but you aren't going to be clearing it on that highest difficulty for awhile you might want to at least use that particular token on the next difficulty down. For me I always started off using it on bosses that dropped weapons and trinkets, then tier tokens.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Obviously, you would use them on the bosses who have loot tables with the most amount of possible upgrades, and tier dropping bosses.
    You just lost The Game

Generally not if I know I'm going to be raiding on a higher difficulty. Why use a bonus roll on an LFR boss if I know I'm going to be killing that same boss on heroic/mythic that week?
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account

You would pretty much always want to spend them on whatever bosses you're doing that week that drop the biggest upgrades for you, whether that happens to be LFR or mythic.

Deleted
    How many lfr runs did semi-progress/progress guilds need before they started raiding flex/normal/heroic in MoP?
    Does normal mode share an id with heroic in WoD? (no more flex? or did they really just rename flex to normal?)

I haven't played wow since ulduar/totc and started with mop 14 weeks ago.

Will most guilds raid normal/heroic day 1? (once raids open)

- - - Updated - - -

There was an interview with some blizzard staff who said that bonus rolls will drop an item for 100% after a certain amout of rolls and he also said that if someone told you that he didn't get any loot after "20 bonus rolls" (or so) then you know for certain that he lied to you.

I wonder if it's smart to use bonus rolls on the same boss if he drops a badass wpn/trinket.

How many lfr runs did semi-progress/progress guilds need before they started raiding flex/normal/heroic in MoP?
    Does normal mode share an id with heroic in WoD? (no more flex? or did they really just rename flex to normal?)

I haven't played wow since ulduar/totc and started with mop 14 weeks ago.

Most serious raid guilds skip LFR entirely, you can easily just go heroic dungeon -> normal raid. Flex is renamed normal in WoD, normal is now heroic, heroic is now mythic. All tiers except mythic now allow 10-25 players and scale accordingly, mythic is 20m.

Ofc it's good to do LFR on the side to fill in gear gaps but it's definitely not a necessary step for raid progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no shared lockouts for SoO and above raids in WoD. LFR, normal, heroic, and mythic are all separate. You can even defeat bosses as many times as you want on normal and heroic--you simply won't get any loot from bosses you've defeated already on the same difficulty.

There will definitely be a lot of guilds starting immediately. Raids don't open for a few weeks after release so they should be fully geared from heroic dungeons (if not better, from challenge modes, crafting, world bosses, and other sources of better gear).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    There are no shared lockouts for SoO and above raids in WoD. LFR, normal, heroic, and mythic are all separate. You can even defeat bosses as many times as you want on normal and heroic--you simply won't get any loot from bosses you've defeated already on the same difficulty.
    wtf
    will be tough to keep up with them since i raid only two/three times a week.

they can basically try heroic/mythic all day since they don't have to choose between normal/heroic

wtf
    will be tough to keep up with them since i raid only two/three times a week.

they can basically try heroic/mythic all day since they don't have to choose between normal/heroic
    That's a surprise to you? The guilds pushing for the world first kills all play 7 days a week and about 15 hours per day until the content is clear, which usually takes about 2 weeks. Then they switch back to a 4 hour raid week until the next content is released.

Not if I'll be raiding higher difficulties. Only exception would be exceptionally bad RNG for an important slot, though I'd probably go crafted at that point.