Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Strange that you never encountered one person just out for a free meal. My personal favorites are women who have Occupational Statuses as Unemployed yet have their ideal mate listed as someone who is "Independent".
    I've probably been on like 30ish dates from OK Cupid. Never ran into that issue. My 2nd date conversion rate from that site is something like 25%, with a 3rd date rate somewhere in the 9% range. Of the ones where there was no second date, at least half the time, that was my decision, probably more than half. The worst date I had on there was a girl who was 1:45 late to the restaurant, proceeded to tell me she was totally into World of Warcraft, and that she took joy in breaking up guilds and trolling trade chat. She seemed to assume she'd be getting a second date too, which, yeah, that didn't happen.

By and large, the girls I've met there have gone out with me because they thought maybe I'd be worthwhile.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Is your income listed on your profile?
    Heh, an income range is, yes. Responses haven't changed since going fromthe $40k-60k range to the $80k-100k range though, if that's what you're thinking.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Is your income listed on your profile?
    Well fuck now I know why I got the gold diggers.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    "..them."

I have never gone out with someone just for a free restaurant meal.
    Clearly you are missing out on an opportunity here.

As for me: if I'm paying for it - it better deliver!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    "Women Hold 20% of World’s Political Power"

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...er-report-says

Don't play stupid mate
    And I hold 0% of the "World's Political Power". Most people don't hold "minister-level and parliamentary positions".
    Read what you just typed. "Women hold 20% OF THE world's political power."
    What you did NOT just type is "20% of women hold political power, while 80% of men hold political power".
    Do you see the difference? We're talking about a small minority of the world's population to begin with, and it's in a certain field, participation and aspirations for which are subject to preference which (believe it or not) vary between gender. Furthermore, it's a poor measure of each gender's ability to influence political change.

Given women's traditionally strong lobbying power, I fail to see this as so significant an issue that it would in any part act as proof to your assertion that "men (given the context of the thread, I'm assuming first world countries) have a ridiculously unfair advantage in life over women". What if you included the leaders of every feminist group that has affected policy in those numbers? You don't have to be a government official to have sway over political decisions.

So "Don't play stupid mate" :P

On the subject at hand, we each pay our way unless other agreements have been made. I don't mind picking up the tab for someone who's short, but that goes for people in general and is not limited to a certain gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's confirmation bias. There are less women in power not because there's a conspiracy against women in power, but because women are less likely to even seek a position of power. Hence the ratio.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    "..them."

I have never gone out with someone just for a free restaurant meal.

I've had a free meal pushed on me in spite of my vehement insistence to the contrary many times though. On the occasions where I caved and let them do it, it was because they had started trying to make me feel guilty about not wanting to let them pay.
    Them as in the people that do it, not as in all women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Are you the love child of Salandrin and Jaylock?
    What makes you ask?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    What makes you ask?
    The resemblance is uncanny.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Well fuck now I know why I got the gold diggers.
    I mean, the alternative is getting no responses. I figured putting "Education - Graduated from University" and "Job - Science/Engineering" was enough, but I've had 0 replies. Maybe the 80mile distance is too much or something, but I really should put my income on there and test the hypothesis.

plenty of women, especially in large cities, see dates as free food. they also tend to see boyfriends as free food and free gifts. they know they have a major advantage over men and abuse it regularly.

I've actually been on a date with a girl and her female friend( was only dating one of them sadly) and they paid for my dinner, the look I got from the waitress was something of a mixture of ball shrivelling soul crushing hatred and pure curiosity. It was my favorite date.