Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Where is the video for female Trolls?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really amazed at all the hate but then again not surprised, as one of the posters here said that all this time Blizz were not wanting to update the character models.. Now that they have they are met with a barrage of hostility and hate. Really case of stuffed if they do stuffed it they don't they will never be able to win by people who think they know more about 3D design than they do..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Night Elf female...such disappointment. Why buffed muscles? Why???
    I know, I want my NE priest to be tall, thin, graceful, elegant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Really amazed at all the hate but then again not surprised, as one of the posters here said that all this time Blizz were not wanting to update the character models.. Now that they have they are met with a barrage of hostility and hate. Really case of stuffed if they do stuffed it they don't they will never be able to win by people who think they know more about 3D design than they do..
    It has never been different. I remember the BE model discussions...But people will grow to their characters eventually.

I happen to like the new models. They made things look better without overhauling to the point people couldn't recognize their characters. Whine all you want, I just gave em $25 to switch from Fem Worgen to Fem Draenei. It was a toss up for me between that and night elf. Ended up choosing Draenei for the racial. Figured the heal was a suitable sub for the darkflight since I do at least still have my nitro boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jueles View Post
    I know, I want my NE priest to be tall, thin, graceful, elegant.
    Then you picked the wrong race. Night Elves have been amazons since inception. You want lanky, frail, sickly, and image-obsessed? Roll a Blood Elf.

Deleted
    I'm actually extremply disappointed what they have done with Draenei Females. I loved the artcraft and couldn't wait to see my model in-game, but as soon as I jumped onto beta I was shocked. The nose is way too huge (big), on the artcraft it was small and round. Eyes are too big and more alien-ish, like they have been rotated, eyelashes are too clumpy (However, it is like that on all the races.. Sadly, I dislike it) Pouty mouth, looks like a duckface in most lightning in-game. Their face animations look awful as well.
    Some of the original faces have thin eyes, but on the new face theres only one that has those thin eyes. If they kept the same faces and didn't change a bit they should at least add some shadow/highlights to make it look even more like the original. Currently, shadows around the eyes and on the lips doesn't match at all..

God, i am starting to feel sorry for developers anymore, not just blizzard's but anyone in the industry, what ever they make they are always wrong. Insulted left and right for everything they do, disgusted by the "community" of constant whiners. The time will come when developers will shut down forums and stop listening to the "fans" and start making games like they used to, and maybe they should.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    God, i am starting to feel sorry for developers anymore, not just blizzard's but anyone in the industry, what ever they make they are always wrong. Insulted left and right for everything they do, disgusted by the "community" of constant whiners. The time will come when developers will shut down forums and stop listening to the "fans" and start making games like they used to, and maybe they should.
    Totally agree, the gaming community in general is getting worse every year if not week or month.. Often wonder what makes game developers still develop games when they get so much crap from the gaming community..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chryzaor View Post
    You can still use the old models, they're not gone. It's just an option.
    This here is, about as stupid as saying "you can still use your flying mount on the ground, or still fly in other part of the world, or you can still make your own groups". Seriously these types comment ad nothing to the discuss, they just further bate more people to continue to argue for the sake of arguing. If you can't add any constructive content to the debate please refrain from bring a troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    You must be blind, because the entire essence of the old Night Elf is lost in the new model.
    +1 on that one.

I think the new Night Elf (female) model is bad. The worst is the markings in my opinion since they do not have any shadings nor highlights! The old ones look soo much better! The new markings looks like they are still in alpha. The second worst thing is the hair. What have they done to our beautiful hair? Why is the long hair so thin at the top and then a thick ball of seaweed at the bottom? Like, really? The most beautiful night elf hair turned into the most gross one? It is natural that the further down the hair the thinner it is since you loose hair all the time and the hair furthest down is the oldest.

I will not even go on to the faces but I think they actually do resemble the old faces somewhat. Although the old ones are better.

I don't care about the /emotes. The most important thing is the face since that is what you will see when you look at your character and have the helmet not showing! Who wants an ugly face with goofy emotes? No one! Beautiful face with a bit milder emotes would be more appreciated.

You ruined Night Elf! Grrrr!

The panties on that tauren lady are one popped stitch away from a wardrobe malfunction... not that I'm complaining.

Still, awesome, loving everything I see.

And with some of these comments, a video game looking cartoony!?!? Say it isn't so!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    No kidding. People complain if you don't change something, but when you do they go all Earl of Lemongrab on you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, this but the beginning, many are not going to like what happened to the game in general. We have yet to see the really stuff from the people that have not been paying attention all this time. There is a ton of stuff people will be hitting Blizzard with once they level and get to the end and evaluate the leveling content, then it will move over to the PG, dungeon, and world content, garrison, squish, class purge and changes. All these things that have been debated over and over again by the people that been paying attention and even some of those have not been following twitter all this time. We are going to have more rounds of debate and sadness as to what Blizzard did to WoW.

This expansion is like no other and so much change is not good for a game 10 years old. Once the masses really start getting into the game many are going simply hate it for what it has become. I for one am so looking forward to this debate happening, because Blizzard did not listen during beta and they are going to catch far more hell from this content, than any other combined. My friend, you think this bad, wait month or two. They really went to far in some areas and now they are going to here about.

They were going to loose subs anyway due it being a 10 year old game, but they stand to loose a lot more for what they did to the game. Many will not like it and the will not cata 2.0 in many regards. Some much time devoted to the remodels and garrison and a lot of people don't like either for what they become.

Really amazed at all the hate but then again not surprised, as one of the posters here said that all this time Blizz were not wanting to update the character models..
    The dated models and over exaggerated facial expressions/animations, I can understand why. If I knew I was going to have to put a lot of time and working into something that was going to end up being utter crap, I wouldn't have wanted to do it either.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kurisu7885 View Post
    The panties on that tauren lady are one popped stitch away from a wardrobe malfunction... not that I'm complaining.

Still, awesome, loving everything I see.

And with some of these comments, a video game looking cartoony!?!? Say it isn't so!!!!
    I actually paid very close attention while leveling through beta as I always have when even leveling an alt through the game. In many instances the various npc's in the game look better than the character remodels do. I find that amazing that they spent so much time on npc to put the detail in they have and not shown the same in regards to some of these actual player remodels. Some of these actually look more cartoony as you say then what they were to begin with. I think that is what many are trying to convey. I am glad at least the ones I play look very nice and I am pleased. At least going forward if I make anymore characters, I know which ones to stay away. What the did to the Night Elf male with the skinny waistline and those chiseled abs, along with those very long arms and huge hands. They very much lack proportional to its overall self. If these look this bad, I can't wait to see what they are doing the the Blood Elves.

Some good some bad, but like was a common feedback early in the betas, the night elf is by far the worst remodel; it is far from what they should be and what they have been. For some reason they went from athletic body types to more dense,compact and angular, which makes absolutely no sense if you look back at how they have been portrayed. I think one reason for this uneven quality is that they tried very hard to make them look like the old models, but from scratch with new tech. It must be incredibly hard - i bet the results would have been easier to achieve if they didn't have to think about that.

It's funny how perceptions change on the button bloat too. The very fact that monk now has a few more abilities than most is one of the best reasons for me to stick with it as main. :P I don't like sacrificing complexity just to reduce bloat - could have been done without removing gameplay mechanics.

Finally, I am pumped for the expansion... with the above caveats.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranthi View Post
    I'm actually extremply disappointed what they have done with Draenei Females. I loved the artcraft and couldn't wait to see my model in-game, but as soon as I jumped onto beta I was shocked. The nose is way too huge (big), on the artcraft it was small and round. Eyes are too big and more alien-ish, like they have been rotated, eyelashes are too clumpy (However, it is like that on all the races.. Sadly, I dislike it) Pouty mouth, looks like a duckface in most lightning in-game. Their face animations look awful as well.
    Some of the original faces have thin eyes, but on the new face theres only one that has those thin eyes. If they kept the same faces and didn't change a bit they should at least add some shadow/highlights to make it look even more like the original. Currently, shadows around the eyes and on the lips doesn't match at all..
    The thing is that the new models faces are more true 3D before they were just a 2D texture map on a basic 3D frame sort of thing.. Trying to transpose what was a 2D texture map to a proper 3D wireframe is not that easy to get it to look how the original 2D map looked..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    Oh, this but the beginning, many are not going to like what happened to the game in general. We have yet to see the really stuff from the people that have not been paying attention all this time. There is a ton of stuff people will be hitting Blizzard with once they level and get to the end and evaluate the leveling content, then it will move over to the PG, dungeon, and world content, garrison, squish, class purge and changes. All these things that have been debated over and over again by the people that been paying attention and even some of those have not been following twitter all this time. We are going to have more rounds of debate and sadness as to what Blizzard did to WoW.

This expansion is like no other and so much change is not good for a game 10 years old. Once the masses really start getting into the game many are going simply hate it for what it has become. I for one am so looking forward to this debate happening, because Blizzard did not listen during beta and they are going to catch far more hell from this content, than any other combined. My friend, you think this bad, wait month or two. They really went to far in some areas and now they are going to here about.

They were going to loose subs anyway due it being a 10 year old game, but they stand to loose a lot more for what they did to the game. Many will not like it and the will not cata 2.0 in many regards. Some much time devoted to the remodels and garrison and a lot of people don't like either for what they become.
    Yeah only time will tell as to the fallout from WoD whether it is good or bad will wait and see..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is that the new models faces are more true 3D before they were just a 2D texture map on a basic 3D frame sort of thing.. Trying to transpose what was a 2D texture map to a proper 3D wireframe is not that easy to get it to look how the original 2D map looked..
    Exactly and this why people are having a problem other than just the features themselves. Blizzard did not do a very good job of conveying this early on and now that they are here the push back is only going to get worse, even though people can revert back to the older model, if they want. They should have done a better job of let people know that their character model was going to not look even close to what they use to be. I personally like many of them, at least they are updated, but for the person that does not see it my way. I can completely see it from their perspective as well and there is so much that has changed in this new content and many are not going to like what they see or do.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah only time will tell as to the fallout from WoD whether it is good or bad will wait and see..
    I think they did a very good job of doing a lot of things to make the game feel fresh after 10 years, but many of those changes and there are a lot of them, are just going to turn a lot of people off. I think they went to far in some place with all this changing stuff. The game barely resembles itself in this new content. Change is good, but to much is a recipe for disaster. Without know what is coming in the coming patches, it is hard to determine how well this is going to go over with many. Like you said, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by holaadios View Post
    Dungeons are the new LFR?
    <-? Lol? Dungeons are the ORIGINAL LFR. So many Cata babies.

I think Dwarfs and Trolls are the winners here....the rest, some things good, some bad, some really bad....