Unhappy Low FPS, what should i upgrade first?

Hi guys, my pc is now 3 years old and i'm experiencing some bad fps loss while in a 25 man group.
    In town it is rolling 50 fps but as soon as a fight starts in 25 man it goes down to 10~fps

Actually i'm wondering if i should build a totally new pc or just upgrade some of the old components. These are my specs:
    CPU i7 870 @2.93GHz
    Ram 8GB DDR3
    Vga AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
    Win7

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With those specs you really shouldn't have any issues at all.

Have you changed your graphics configuration? Such as lowering shadows and sun effects, those are 3 and are specially heavy fps wise. I gain up to 7 fps just by "removing" those, and graphics wise the impact is really close to none.

I say that because I've played in two computers over 8 years and the last, my laptop, is on very similar stats and that's what I do. Lowering just thsoe graphic areas lets me go in 25 men. And if I strugle or go below 10fps I will jsut go down with AA and such.

Deleted
    For MoP, I would have absolutely said a new CPU (however with that means a new motherboard, most likely) however it remains to be seen if the same can be said for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    With those specs you really shouldn't have any issues at all.

Have you changed your graphics configuration? Such as lowering shadows and sun effects, those are 3 and are specially heavy fps wise. I gain up to 7 fps just by "removing" those, and graphics wise the impact is really close to none.
    I agree, I find dynamic and accurate shadows are just not worth the performance cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dust the CPU heatsink and GPU off.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Thanks for your replies.
    Could it be my internet connection too maybe? My actual ISP sucks and i'm gonna change it soon, so maybe i should check how it looks with a higher speed before taking any decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lcbagna View Post
    Thanks for your replies.
    Could it be my internet connection too maybe? My actual ISP sucks and i'm gonna change it soon, so maybe i should check how it looks with a higher speed before taking any decision.
    FPS is purely based on your computer.

Deleted
    That CPU is very good, no need to upgrade that.

I sometimes play on my friends desktop and he has the same CPU, i can play MoP and WoD without issues on it with max graphics.

He has a GTX560 Ti GPU.