Deleted

SotF Rejuv + Genesis = Normal 'rejuv'?

On the PTR a SotF Rejuv (+100% healing value) gets turned into a normal Genesis HoT. Are there any infos on if that's intended?

Rejuv gets replaced with Genesis, so you could argue that this is how it obviously works.
    Genesis states "an amount equal to the consumed rejuv", so you could argue it is 100% not working as intended.

It's working fine for me on the PTR, with Genesis consistently inheriting the SotF bonus.
    Last edited by Pyrianis; 2014-10-12 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    On the PTR a SotF Rejuv (+100% healing value) gets turned into a normal Genesis HoT. Are there any infos on if that's intended?

Rejuv gets replaced with Genesis, so you could argue that this is how it obviously works.
    Genesis states "an amount equal to the consumed rejuv", so you could argue it is 100% not working as intended.
    Completely working as intended. And your post doesn't even say why you think something's not working as intended. When you use Genesis, your Rejuvs are replaced with a hot called Genesis that heals for the same amount. So what is it you don't understand about it? Here are some values from Beta:

Normal rejuv heals 12692. Using Genesis after initial tick of Rejuv and SotF-Rejuv:

normal:
    Rejuv 2062 (1st tick)
    Genesis 2127 2126 2126 2126 2127 = 10632 (noncrit)

with SotF:
    Rejuv 4125 (1st tick)
    Genesis 4295 4294 4295 4294 4294 = 21472 (noncrit)

tl;dr: everything works perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Completely working as intended. And your post doesn't even say why you think something's not working as intended. When you use Genesis, your Rejuvs are replaced with a hot called Genesis that heals for the same amount. So what is it you don't understand about it? Here are some values from Beta.
    This part of your post is confusing. He's saying that Genesis is acting as if it consumed a normal Rejuv, rather than a SotF (+100%) buffed Rejuv. I'm not sure how this wasn't obvious and why you think he hasn't expressed a specific problem.

That being said, Genesis does heal for the SotF-buffed amount on beta. However, PTR =/= beta, and I don't have PTR downloaded. Maybe there's some issue with the PTR or something else is in play.

Deleted
    Completely working as intended. And your post doesn't even say why you think something's not working as intended. When you use Genesis, your Rejuvs are replaced with a hot called Genesis that heals for the same amount. So what is it you don't understand about it? Here are some values from Beta:

Normal rejuv heals 12692. Using Genesis after initial tick of Rejuv and SotF-Rejuv:

normal:
    Rejuv 2062 (1st tick)
    Genesis 2127 2126 2126 2126 2127 = 10632 (noncrit)

with SotF:
    Rejuv 4125 (1st tick)
    Genesis 4295 4294 4295 4294 4294 = 21472 (noncrit)

tl;dr: everything works perfectly fine.
    On the PTR it doesn't get the +100% bonus. A SotF Rejuv gets replaced with a non-SotF Genesis. Good to hear it's not the same on beta
    Your tone is quite condescending for someone who can't read correctly, I said PTR in the OP. And on the PTR it doesn't work. That's what I don't understand about it.

/edit: Thanks for all the nice answers from people with reading comprehension and social skills. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    On the PTR it doesn't get the +100% bonus.
    That's the info that was missing in your first post. A SotF Rejuv is turned into a "normal Genesis HoT" as you wrote, there's no special hot for SotF Rejuvs, it's still called Genesis and still heals exactly as much as the Rejuv that was consumed. So definitely a normal Genesis HoT. So not just reading comprehension issues, also some issues writing clearly to state the problem.

As many people write PTR for beta and vice versa, I incorrectly assumed you meant beta. I don't use the PTR, but according to pyrianis, it works fine there too.

Edit: my tone was not supposed to be offensive, I was genuinely asking what you don't understand because you didn't say in the OP.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2014-10-13 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Still got a question for clarification. Example:

- I have 3 RJs up, durations left are 14s, 9s, 2
    - Genesis is a targetted spell (right?)
    - If I consume the 14s RJ, is my Genesis significantly stronger?

"Genesis heals the target for an amount equal to the healing from the consumed Rejuvenation effects over 3 sec.". So obv it's good to cast Genesis on someone with a freshly applied RJ before most other RJs are running out? Comparable to using Uplift after a TFT - right before the ReM falls off?

Quote Originally Posted by treenicillin View Post
    Still got a question for clarification. Example:

- I have 3 RJs up, durations left are 14s, 9s, 2
    - If I consume the 14s RJ, is my Genesis significantly stronger?
    Short answer, yes on that player. Genesis works on ALL of your existing rejuvs within range - not only on who you have targeted.

Long answer, using made up numbers for ease. Lets say the 14 sec rejuve has 9k healing left, the 9 sec rejuv has 6k left, and the 2 sec rejuv has 900 healing left. If you used genesis you'd get the following hots:

2 sec Rejuv-> 3 sec Genesis, ticking at 300 per sec
    9 sec Rejuv-> 3 sec Genesis, ticking at 2000 per sec
    14 sec Rejuv-> 3 sec Genesis, ticking at 3000 per sec
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-10-13 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    That's the info that was missing in your first post. A SotF Rejuv is turned into a "normal Genesis HoT" as you wrote, there's no special hot for SotF Rejuvs, it's still called Genesis and still heals exactly as much as the Rejuv that was consumed. So definitely a normal Genesis HoT. So not just reading comprehension issues, also some issues writing clearly to state the problem.

As many people write PTR for beta and vice versa, I incorrectly assumed you meant beta. I don't use the PTR, but according to pyrianis, it works fine there too.

Edit: my tone was not supposed to be offensive, I was genuinely asking what you don't understand because you didn't say in the OP.
    Alright, thanks for clearing that up and I'm sorry for assuming the worst.
    I didn't really explain what my problem was. My fault, you're right.

So I assume it will go live as it's intended, taking however much healing is left on each rejuv and turning it into a 3s genesis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by treenicillin View Post
    What Keiyra said. It's not targetted though (as in single target use, single target effect), it's a huge AoE effect that hits everyone in your raid/group in a 60 (?) yard radius and makes them glow greenish for a second. All the targets that are hit and have one of your rejuv on them, get that rejuv turned into a genesis hot.

No idea how it interacts with germination rejuvs, as I don't have beta.
    /edit: the glow seems to be gone on the ptr, maybe it's only my graphic settings though.
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2014-10-13 at 04:41 PM.