Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    No way those sims are with the new hunter buffs.
    If they weren't with the new hunter buffs the hunters would be effectively below the tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    If they weren't with the new hunter buffs the hunters would be effectively below the tanks
    Your tanks must be rock stars if they were beating hunters or your hunters spent too much time licking windows instead of hitting their keys.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those who play Demo, how are mana issues for you? One of my alts is a Warlock (559), but as Demo she runs low on mana a lot. What is your secret to not having that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    For those who play Demo, how are mana issues for you? One of my alts is a Warlock (559), but as Demo she runs low on mana a lot. What is your secret to not having that happen?
    Soul Fire is a mana taxing ability, but lifetap mana return scales with spellpower so that helps a bit.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atroxed View Post
    Soul Fire is a mana taxing ability, but lifetap mana return scales with spellpower so that helps a bit.
    Just to add to this, on Beta casting SF out of meta to generate the Fury for Demonbolts is the way to go, Soul Fire being 12k Mana per cast is quite annoying and having to Life Tap very frequently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Just to add to this, on Beta casting SF out of meta to generate the Fury for Demonbolts is the way to go, Soul Fire being 12k Mana per cast is quite annoying and having to Life Tap very frequently.
    Completely honest, I haven't yet played much Warlock in the BETA but I'm really enjoying all three specs, although sticking with the original OP's post I find Demo to be the best!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatari View Post
    Completely honest, I haven't yet played much Warlock in the BETA but I'm really enjoying all three specs, although sticking with the original OP's post I find Demo to be the best!
    Demo definitely is the spec that attracted me to playing one all the way back to end of Burning Crusade. But with the recent nerfs I just hope that we will be viable considering we bring minimal to zero raid utility on fights / raid.

Deleted
    I feel destruction is being heavily under-sung, it's still very very good. The thing about destruction is how fast the spec is. with demonology you have to have doom and corruption and fury on a target to start playing up. With destruction you just cast immolate and start to blam out burst damage. Try doing spoils as demo. you're gonna have a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exaflare View Post
    I feel destruction is being heavily under-sung, it's still very very good. The thing about destruction is how fast the spec is. with demonology you have to have doom and corruption and fury on a target to start playing up. With destruction you just cast immolate and start to blam out burst damage. Try doing spoils as demo. you're gonna have a bad time.
    I think Destro is still solid due to killing bosses in no time and having zero to no movement.

And I did Spoils as Demo last week, pulled like half the room, grip from DK, and Chaos Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by exaflare View Post
    It's undersung because people are sick of it. It's fine as a spec, I just want it to be less mandatory.
    Last edited by cthylla; 2014-10-21 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cthylla View Post
    It's undersung because people are sick of it.
    This. Mind numbing to the extreme.

I’ve found with Destro if you can emotionally get over the turret caster thing you will find that the spec is doing just as fine as ever before. I joined a pug group this weekend and another player decided he was going to rejoin as his demo warlock to stick his epeen in my face to ‘school me on how to lock’ and even though he had slightly better gear than me I doubled his dps on trash and beat him by 2k on the boss and he ended the night butthurt that he wasn’t as awe inspiring as he thought he was. I was humble and didnt wipe my epeen in his face.

I have decided to finish out mop with destro because all my gear is set up for destro. The numbers are big enough that we can handle times when we have to move and do very little damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I’ve found with Destro if you can emotionally get over the turret caster thing you will find that the spec is doing just as fine as ever before. I joined a pug group this weekend and another player decided he was going to rejoin as his demo warlock to stick his epeen in my face to ‘school me on how to lock’ and even though he had slightly better gear than me I doubled his dps on trash and beat him by 2k on the boss and he ended the night butthurt that he wasn’t as awe inspiring as he thought he was. I was humble and didnt wipe my epeen in his face.

I have decided to finish out mop with destro because all my gear is set up for destro. The numbers are big enough that we can handle times when we have to move and do very little damage.
    Not sure what ya mean by your gear is set up for destro since there really was only one set up for warlocks ...Int>mast>haste>crit...barring little differences for certain haste caps if you wanted to hit any one in particular. The kil'jaeden change shouldn't impact destro too badly since you didn't need to play with it for mop but rather could have chose Archimondes, which was better for really maxing dps. The spec that is really gonna suffer is affliction.

I'm still on the fence with demo lock.

Sometimes in a raid setting I get carried away with things happening and I'm sitting on full fury for a while. It's also somewhat annoying having to transform to do your real dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    I'm still on the fence with demo lock.

Sometimes in a raid setting I get carried away with things happening and I'm sitting on full fury for a while. It's also somewhat annoying having to transform to do your real dps.
    I used Demo for a week or so. When the nerfs came in and no hotfix to Soul Fire (nerfed 40% in Meta) I decided to shelf it and go back with Aff / Destro. Aff is still solid on most fights in SoO because you're zerging everything down, as well as Destro for things like Klaxxi / Garrosh / Immerseus / Gala.