Leveling a new warrior and 6.0 questions.

Been thinking about starting a new warrior and i was wondering if anyone has tried it on beta/ptr, are prot warriors damage still as rediculous while leveling up, leaving the dps specs almost obsolete until 70-80+?

What's the new gladiator spec like for leveling?

First, Gladiator is a level 100 talent so no leveling.

As for how leveling in general is going to be, no idea. No more Vengeance but dunno how that actually boosted leveling damage. Haven't read any changes to the tooltips for pre-90 stuff.

Deleted
    I honestly dont get why people care about pre100 damage..

Does it really matter how the damage is between 1-99? Are you only gonna level warriors to 100 and reset? Just level it up as it is and rekt some bosses when you reach 100!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're basically forced to play Arms from level 1-45 if you don't have heirloom gear. I'm not kidding, Prot doesn't do shit for damage and Fury doesn't either. The stats are all different in WoD, your character isn't an overpowered leveling God anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You're basically forced to play Arms from level 1-45 if you don't have heirloom gear. I'm not kidding, Prot doesn't do shit for damage and Fury doesn't either. The stats are all different in WoD, your character isn't an overpowered leveling God anymore.
    That isn't true at all. Prot actually does quite respectable damage up until 80 or so, its failing is lack of good cleave (though the new Glyph of Cleave mitigates this somewhat) that Arms has. In 6.0 Fury levels quite nicely, considering that Hit and Expertise are no longer factors. Yes you need two weapons instead of one, but that is hardly a difficult thing to gather.

Level what you think is cool or fun to play. Really it is that simple. I've leveled all three specs multiple times and I have to say that even worst v best case optimization the difference in speed is absolutely minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That isn't true at all. Prot actually does quite respectable damage up until 80 or so, its failing is lack of good cleave (though the new Glyph of Cleave mitigates this somewhat) that Arms has. In 6.0 Fury levels quite nicely, considering that Hit and Expertise are no longer factors. Yes you need two weapons instead of one, but that is hardly a difficult thing to gather.

Level what you think is cool or fun to play. Really it is that simple. I've leveled all three specs multiple times and I have to say that even worst v best case optimization the difference in speed is absolutely minimal.
    Did you try and level a brand new Warrior on beta? I did. The stats aren't the same, my Warrior from level 10-25 had to eat after every fight and kite with thunderclap to kill boss mobs that bled to death with rend. Fury has no bleed and Bloodthirst does less damage than Heroic Strike. They actually fixed ability scaling, stuff like Shield Slam one shots don't exist anymore. Even DK's are fixed leveling wise, you can't blood boil spam and 2 hit things.

I'm assuming that patch 6.0 is going to bring what's in beta from 1-90 into the game. But who knows, they've might've fixed it because 10-25 is brutal on beta if you have no idea what you're doing. I'm going to level a brand new Warrior without Heirloom gear when the game goes live to see if the way 10-25 is on beta goes through.

Of course nobody is going to believe me so there's really no point in talking about it. Knowing my luck when the patch launches, they'll fix the leveling issue and Prot will be overpowered leveling wise like it was in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Did you try and level a brand new Warrior on beta? I did. The stats aren't the same, my Warrior from level 10-25 had to eat after every fight and kite with thunderclap to kill boss mobs that bled to death with rend. Fury has no bleed and Bloodthirst does less damage than Heroic Strike. They actually fixed ability scaling, stuff like Shield Slam one shots don't exist anymore. Even DK's are fixed leveling wise, you can't blood boil spam and 2 hit things.
    I see this as a good thing. People will see the DPS charts, Warrior will be FOTM as of this patch and into the next expansion. A very tough leveling experience functions as a demotivator. Ofcourse that will not stop people who buy boosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    I see this as a good thing. People will see the DPS charts, Warrior will be FOTM as of this patch and into the next expansion. A very tough leveling experience functions as a demotivator. Ofcourse that will not stop people who buy boosts.
    Well I think the real reason they made the leveling harder was to encourage people to boost or to waste gold on Heirloom gear.

The enemies just hit hard now and your character isn't a demi god anymore. The abilities actually scale correctly with your level now. There's no more Shield Slam hitting for 4k at level 30. I'm on beta right now leveling this Warrior that's level 27 and its like night and day how different everything is.