Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    As Berlinia mentioned there, using the glyph or not using it is less about the dps difference now as it's almost negligible but it's more about how often you/your raid could benefit or needs the burst in any given encounter.

If we had a fight like Immerseus for example, you wouldn't want the glyph.

I have a question about the Arcane Missiles.. is the point to them is to gather up 3 and then release all 3.. plus with T16 4 pieces whats the right way to deal with them?

Deleted
    just like 5.4 get to 4 charges with AB, and then AM, AB, AM, AB

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    just like 5.4 get to 4 charges with AB, and then AM, AB, AM, AB
    Cheers Thanks I was then ding it correct. I've wasnt understanding the rotation that was provided on the guide. THanks!

Deleted
    With WoD release almost here, I'm giving this a bump. Will be updated SoonTM

Benched my Fire mage in MoP, considering giving Arcane a try this time. Only question is what weapon enchant would Arcane pick, i believe they they have 3 choices from Haste/Mastery/Crit. So is it merely preference? What would be the most valuable for a 15 second proc?

Deleted
    I'd reckon mastery!

With a mastery proc, would that end up being more useful during a conserve phase while mana is high, or given that it's a proc would it be too hard to time and likely just even out over the fight anyway?

Deleted
    If it's an ICD trinket it is predictable. However regardless i'd still go mastery.

I have a question considering the burn phase:

I use all my missiles at the start of the burn phase, then i burn with AB until below 50% to evocate. Almost always during my burnphase i get 3 AM proc capped. When do i use those?

Deleted
    You use them as they proc, in order to ensure you don't actually cap :P
    I guess you can make an exception if you have 1 AB left untill you end your burn phase, and you only have 1 AM proc. You can just as well evocate and go.
    Might be wrong though and this will depend on levels of mastery i guess.

Deleted
    At the end of the burn phase i evocate.. till the end or only 1 or 2 ticks to nearly 100% Mana?
    Sorry for my english^^

At 50% and four charges, you only need two ticks (technically the cast and one tick, same thing) to get to full. In a sense, doubling evo's regen basically works the same as if it made it channel twice as fast. You're not wasting any of the channel, it just has two redundant ticks at the end.

Deleted
    Huge update on the later parts of the guide.

Deleted
    Level 45: The PvP Tier

'NONE CARES'
    Love this guide!

Question, when I burn with my opener, and pop all cd's by the time I'm at 50% mana I still have like 6 seconds left on AP, do I still evoc? If I do isn't that a waste of AP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezer View Post
    Question, when I burn with my opener, and pop all cd's by the time I'm at 50% mana I still have like 6 seconds left on AP, do I still evoc? If I do isn't that a waste of AP?
    I'm not certain if its ideal or not, but for the opener that sometimes happens because you haven't gotten many procs and are burning through mana during heroism, so if hero is still up I keep burning, making sure to pop Evo just before it runs out. Even if I dip down to 30% it doesn't seem to matter, because Evo with hero gets you back up to 100% incredibly fast. To me it seems that using those last 5-10 seconds of hero/AP is better than worrying about dipping lower on mana, as you quickly get it back. That's not based on any math or simulations, just what makes the most sense to me.

So i've found myself during the burn phase, with how many missile procs i'm getting not being able to really dump my mana. Am I doing something fundamentlly incorrect? and if not, should I be just staying in conserve phase at that point? I've found myself, with PC, having PC and AP drop and I'm around 80% or so mana. Does it make sense to then burn down, or quickly evocate and be back into conserve phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
    So i've found myself during the burn phase, with how many missile procs i'm getting not being able to really dump my mana. Am I doing something fundamentlly incorrect? and if not, should I be just staying in conserve phase at that point? I've found myself, with PC, having PC and AP drop and I'm around 80% or so mana. Does it make sense to then burn down, or quickly evocate and be back into conserve phase?
    The value of the burn phase is being able to cast AB with 4 charges. Even at mana levels say around 70-80%, this is more damage than the conserve phase. So stay in that burn phase as long as you can until you hit 50% mana then evocate. The longer the burn phase (from good luck on missle procs), the more dps you will be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
    Druover is correct. Just keep on burning and being happy with your good RNG. There will be other pulls where you can't get AM to proc no matter what. Part of the reason you might be seeing that is if you don't have AP glyphed, which you should. Glyphed or unglyphed end up with same dps all things equal, but unglyphed you can have fight times where you miss out on 1 use of AP, whereas that can't happen when its glyphed.