Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    Generally yes. But it's pretty close.
    Does the extra Strength from those +5 Mythic iLevels weigh that heavily?

I got a Mythic 685 ring with +Crit/Haste, and AskMrRobot said it was a downgrade over my Heroic 670 +Bonus Armor/Mastery ring. Would you say that that's accurate, or does the extra Strength from the Mythic ring outweigh the 'downgrade' in secondary stat quality?

15 ilvls is too much, go with the 685 one IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    Does the extra Strength from those +5 Mythic iLevels weigh that heavily?

I got a Mythic 685 ring with +Crit/Haste, and AskMrRobot said it was a downgrade over my Heroic 670 +Bonus Armor/Mastery ring. Would you say that that's accurate, or does the extra Strength from the Mythic ring outweigh the 'downgrade' in secondary stat quality?
    Bonus Armour item with only a 15 gap. Remember Bonus Armour is basically Strength, so it's very powerful.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

Speaking of, did I hear it right that they're nerfing mythic level HM or something?

PvE Items and PvP
    Please Prevent Pve items being used and abused in PvP before it's too late.
    We're actually working on some changes along these lines for Patch 6.1, which should be hitting the PTR relatively soon (but possibly not in today's build). PvE gear will be scaled down to item level 680 instead of 690, and Primal Combatant/Primal Gladiator trinkets are having their power increased.

No change for PVE, just scaling inside PvP zones.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Oh. Derp, alright then.

Trox, I want to stop by and say your posts are tremendous. All tanks, regardless of class, should be reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Trox, I want to stop by and say your posts are tremendous. All tanks, regardless of class, should be reading them.
    Thanks for the support.

Did you ever find out whether Necrotic Plague will be of any use following the 37% buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Did you ever find out whether Necrotic Plague will be of any use following the 37% buff?
    Probably strictly better then Defile on AoE, might be better on ST as well if you use PL with it correctly (ie at the right times). Needs more practical testing however for me to say this for 100% sure. Other issue on ST is on ST you don't want to BB as much as on AOE, so it stacks MUCH lower, so both PL and the DS-heavy ST rotation tax it's effectiveness on ST heavily. But on AoE where you are already favouring BB? It stacks up fast and does a lot of damage.

Also I believe the bug where BBing resets the tick timer on NP is still in effect, which may be further hampering it even for Blood (although I have not confirmed if this bug affects Blood or DPS specs only). IF this is the case, then it definitely is better on AoE once that is fixed.

But at first glance, hail your new NP overlords? GJ blizz fixing a shitty talent, now it's better then the old talent in every way (NP doesn't have annoying issues with mobile bosses/timing for adds ect).

Need more experimentation with PB/UB, but I highly doubt they will be useful with NP for Blood. Even if you are GCD locked, PL still lets you spend your GCDs on Rune abilities rather then RP abilities, which is generally a noticable DPS gain, and a massive mitigation gain. However it's almost impossible for them to beat PL on AOE (runes are so much better then RP on aoe, you are already completely RP capped on AOE, and you are already spamming BB so the stacks go up fast, and UB is only usable every 3rd NP), so this is mostly a question on if you used NP on ST and it was better, then you MIGHT use PB/UB on ST with it.

But no, I don't really know for 100% sure yet. Don't think 6.1 will come before progression at this rate however, but who knows.
    Last edited by Troxism; 2015-01-30 at 05:32 AM.

Ah, thanks for the answer; it'll be interesting to see your findings.

On another note, Sentry Totem is gone now, so we can't access the link in the guide (level 60 talents section)

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely the rework to BoS would make it the goto talent for ST DPS. NP can be a waste if you need to drop PL for an emergency DS. BoS has great synchronisation with BT that it replaces DCs during its up time while being the benefits of fire and forget and not consuming GCDs.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Ah, thanks for the answer; it'll be interesting to see your findings.

On another note, Sentry Totem is gone now, so we can't access the link in the guide (level 60 talents section)
    Yeah I probably should have saved it. I'll try to change it soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Surely the rework to BoS would make it the goto talent for ST DPS. NP can be a waste if you need to drop PL for an emergency DS. BoS has great synchronisation with BT that it replaces DCs during its up time while being the benefits of fire and forget and not consuming GCDs.
    There isn't any rework for BoS in 6.1, it basically isn't changing at all from Blood's PoV. Yeah it's generally the goto for ST past a decent gear threshold assuming the fight mechanics aren't shit for it, but some people either just hate the playstyle, have the wrong gear, or suck at it and it's worse for them. Either way I was talking about Defile vs NP, as it's much easier to compare them directly, and because NP threatens to take Defile's spot in Blood's talent choices. Ironically it comes at a time where the RP gain from NP is completely useless, as you will be almost GCD locked even without NP gains.

Level 60 (Blood Tap, Runic Empowerment, Runic Corruption)

I'm going to be honest, if you can handle using it, Blood Tap is far and away the best choice. For why you should use Blood Tap I HIGHLY recommend reading my article about it:
    http://sentrytotem.com/news/classes/...-use-blood-tap

That article is for MoP; in WoD Rune Tap being an important AM tool is yet another reason why Blood Tap is superior since it can more reliably provide an on-demand Rune Tap. Defile also favors Blood Tap if you choose to cast it outside of Crimson Scourge procs; if you are using Runic Corruption, using an Unholy Rune on Defile will 'desync' your runes, which will be a huge problem for you. So if you use Runic Corruption with Defile, I recommend only casting Defile with Crimson Scourge procs.

Necrotic Plague also favors Blood Tap if you choose to not Glyph Outbreak; since it only takes a single rune to refresh, you will have the same orphan rune issue as with Defile using it with RC. For Breath of Sindragosa there is no special preference either way, although BT can be more reliable for maintaining the breath for longer.

The only reason I don't tell absolutely everyone to use Blood Tap is that a lot of people screw up managing the resources of Death Knights properly without capping; managing Blood Tap in addition to that can be way too much to handle for some people. So if you honestly struggle with using Blood Tap, you have two choices; keep practicing until it is second nature, or you can use Runic Corruption instead as the easier choice. Ultimately using Blood Tap badly is worse then using Runic Corruption properly, and it is much easier to play Runic Corruption properly.

For reference on what I mean by 'playing them correctly', here is my mini-guide to using the rune regeneration talents: http://sentrytotem.com/news/classes/...vel-75-talents

While it was written for MoP, pretty much everything should still apply to WoD.
    Internet Archive 20141110174748: sentrytotem.com/news/classes/dk/why-you-should-use-blood-tap

Internet Archive 20141204150943: sentrytotem.com/news/classes/dk/guide-using-level-75-talents
    Last edited by potatoe; 2015-01-31 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks. I'll probably rewrite them slightly for WoD then add them to the main guide.

Starting to collect enough stuff on my To-Do list that I will probably do a decently sized update on the guide soonish, preferably before Heroic BRF. In before I get lazy and don't do anything till after Mythic progression is over. Sorry for the infrequent updates, but honestly since I have this guide in 3 different places every time I update I have to do version control and it makes it take way too much work to even do small changes so I prefer to do mass updates barring cases where there are major hotfixes/patches and there is a need to update ASAP since parts become completely wrong.

can you link all 3 places?

might be nice to have that link at the bottom of the post as well.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    can you link all 3 places?

might be nice to have that link at the bottom of the post as well.
    MMO-Champ, BNet Forums, SoAL. All the others are relatively worse formatted (as pretty much nobody reads them there, and those forums have terrible formatting options to begin with) so there is no reason to link them. And nobody posts there. All the useful discussion is here. So not really any point to link to inferior versions of the guide where I am basically the only poster anyways. I guess that is a good reason to just give up on maintaining other versions, but I still hold out hope this guide will be stickied on the Bnet forums eventually.

MMO-Champ, BNet Forums, SoAL. All the others are relatively worse formatted (as pretty much nobody reads them there, and those forums have terrible formatting options to begin with) so there is no reason to link them. And nobody posts there. All the useful discussion is here. So not really any point to link to inferior versions of the guide where I am basically the only poster anyways. I guess that is a good reason to just give up on maintaining other versions, but I still hold out hope this guide will be stickied on the Bnet forums eventually.
    You could do what Skullflower has been doing and maintain a google docs sheet formatted as you need and link that on the less popular forums. Alternatively you could do that here too so that you can just update the google docs sheet. Maybe include the TLR section here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    You could do what Skullflower has been doing and maintain a google docs sheet formatted as you need and link that on the less popular forums. Alternatively you could do that here too so that you can just update the google docs sheet. Maybe include the TLR section here.
    I dislike linking off site as it redirects traffic: I think it's pretty rude to do so, so I try to avoid it. But either way, we will see.

Small update on the updates: There will be significant stat evaluations changes due to increasing ilvls for BRF. Stay tuned. Also some possibly interesting stuff related to NP (basically it's still kinda shit in 6.1, and the reason why is kind of funny actually).