Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, that guy is 10/10M and I'm stuck here at 10/10HC

Life is hard :\
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post

Guild hopping will get you far, up to a point
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Guild hopping will get you far, up to a point
    The real reason is that tanking is a pisstake at this point and you can carry unbelievable amounts of idiocy with even half-decent healers.

That, and the average guild recruiter has no fucking clue how to read a log, never mind what in particular to look for with each tank. The majority of recruitment officers are absolutely heinously incompetent until you get into the top 50-75 worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    The real reason is that tanking is a pisstake at this point and you can carry unbelievable amounts of idiocy with even half-decent healers.

That, and the average guild recruiter has no fucking clue how to read a log, never mind what in particular to look for with each tank. The majority of recruitment officers are absolutely heinously incompetent until you get into the top 50-75 worldwide.
    I'd probably second this. Usually as DPS you just look at the meters. For healers it's a bit similar. For both roles you have more players in the guild that can give their opinions. For tanks you usually only have 1, maybe 2 people that actually know how to play tank and not necessarily the class which the guy is on.

So really, you can't tell just from DPS/HPS meters which means most people don't know where to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    1. If you are spec'd defile. Use Defile on fucking CD.
    2. Holy shit sitting at 12 blood charges for over 2 minutes?!@?#!"<:/1@?#!?@#>!@#<>!?@#>!>?@#
    3. Not using Soul Reaper instead of Blood Boil if anything is under 35%.
    4. HAS FUCKING GLYPH OF VAMP BLOOD?!?!@?!@?#?!?@#?
    5. HAS THE WRONG AMS GLYPH?!?@?!@? (the fully absorb one is FUCKING AWFUL)
    6. Has Plague Leech not sure I have seen a single fucking use in any fight yet on these logs.... yep nope.
    7. Using Defile, doesn't use Glyph of Outbreak and Plague Leech on CD?!?!?!?!?!?
    little break: this guy is actually awful at this game why is he 10/10m hes so carried.
    8. Army of the Dead mid fight on maidens?!?!?! This does nothing not 1 thing at all. If you don't use it on the pull DONT USE IT.
    9. He basically never uses vamp blood even though its avg cd is like 40sec on most fights or less....for someone who takes a lot of damage they really should use it more.

That was just what I found really fast. Pretty sure I could find more, but don't have time atm to look through them more than quick glances at the very bad things.

Please please relay this to him or the officers in that guild asap... like this guy is really bad >.<
    Thank you very much for the quick and accurate analysis ! (I'm from that guild as well)

We're actually have an open MT slot for Hellfire, feel free to apply.
    PS : You must speak french
    Last edited by mmocffdec12f27; 2015-06-06 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I'd probably second this. Usually as DPS you just look at the meters. For healers it's a bit similar. For both roles you have more players in the guild that can give their opinions. For tanks you usually only have 1, maybe 2 people that actually know how to play tank and not necessarily the class which the guy is on.

So really, you can't tell just from DPS/HPS meters which means most people don't know where to go.
    And yet the easiest class to get carried - even in wake of what tanking is - is hunter.

It's shocking the absolute shit you see even in top 100 guilds - from ALL roles. Tanking isn't really an outlier, you have just as many shit disc priests, holy paladins, fotm dps specs, etc. who get carried by fotm-ness and barely perform enough on fights to pass trials (or don't pass and just keep hopping up)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And yet the easiest class to get carried - even in wake of what tanking is - is hunter.

It's shocking the absolute shit you see even in top 100 guilds - from ALL roles. Tanking isn't really an outlier, you have just as many shit disc priests, holy paladins, fotm dps specs, etc. who get carried by fotm-ness and barely perform enough on fights to pass trials (or don't pass and just keep hopping up)
    You can't really keep that up though. If you are a shit dps getting shit dps rankings, you get kicked.

If you are a tank getting shit dps rankings, and I see plenty of them around, they just shrug their shoulders and say 'muh job ain't to dps, its to survive'. As if its solely their achievement they did, and not the healers who carried them. I'm not sure who said it on some tank thread here, but really the best measure of a tanks performance, and there aren't many, is DPS; it just at least lets you know they aren't a retard.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the caveat that it's the best metric by which you can quickly judge a tank's performance. DPS isn't the end-all (doing high DPS on Thogar and Beastlord need not be indicative of your skill as a tank) - it takes a thorough analysis to determine how a tank performs in other regards which is what nightfalls and PraisetheSun were referring to I imagine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    With the caveat that it's the best metric by which you can quickly judge a tank's performance. DPS isn't the end-all (doing high DPS on Thogar and Beastlord need not be indicative of your skill as a tank) - it takes a thorough analysis to determine how a tank performs in other regards which is what nightfalls and PraisetheSun were referring to I imagine.
    Of course, a quick look through a tanks logs and if its all 30s and 40s percentiles, you probably have some issues.

Then you ought to investigate it, delve further. Look at the guy being discussed, his immediate damage logs indicate a problem, and on examining there appears to be one.

Deleted
    I tend to spam deathstrike as its the only real spamable ability. While i wait to spread more diseases/gather aggro etc. Blood dk is missing something like that. I know that is wrong to do so, but i only ever arse about lfr anyways, great guide very helpful even for an alt

Many thanks for checking logs <3

To touch more about tanks logs, I find tanks to be one of the hardest logs to properly read. While it's still always highly useful, and can obvisouly help with gameplay issues, there's more to tanking than being able to press buttons in the correct order. Yes it's mandatory, and yes it's kinda sad to see players having so much issues with their basic rotation, but even then, there's a bit more than that to tanking.

Position boss/mobs properly, picking up shit, being able to call for an external and/or ask for healer's attention when needed are all things you can't really see watching logs.
    I'd kinda disagree with Solaire, as in, sure tanking in itself isn't that hard, any fucker can do it and get carried by healers, but there really is a lot you can do to ease the life of everyone in your raid, and actually help progression. While we sure have less of an impact than in MoP (vengeance pls, come back), the difference between someone afk tanking and someone who will actually deal with annoying mechanics is huge. Same can be said for others roles ofc, but looking at BRF, there was plenty of fights were if both your tanks were fuckers, you would have an awful time (ie Gruul, Oregorger, Furnace, Maidens' boat, Blackhand, Kromog, etc).
    Last edited by Piwielle; 2015-06-07 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    You can't really keep that up though. If you are a shit dps getting shit dps rankings, you get kicked.

If you are a tank getting shit dps rankings, and I see plenty of them around, they just shrug their shoulders and say 'muh job ain't to dps, its to survive'. As if its solely their achievement they did, and not the healers who carried them. I'm not sure who said it on some tank thread here, but really the best measure of a tanks performance, and there aren't many, is DPS; it just at least lets you know they aren't a retard.
    And I see plenty of shit dps around who stay in guilds for ages - your point? You SHOULD get kicked, but you don't. Welcome to reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who are playing their class right as a tank typically do decent dps anyway. If a pally is doing 15k DPS in mythic and just shrugs his shoulders and goes "not muh job to DPS" you can fucking guarentee his SoTR uptime is probably lower than someone with 25-30k with equal talents.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the AMS change:
    However, damage absorbed no longer causes Resolve.
    Everyone here says that AMS's absorption no longer scales with Resolve, but the wording makes it seem that the damage absorbed by the ability no longer affects the computation of Resolve. Is this just poor wording?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Regarding the AMS change:

Everyone here says that AMS's absorption no longer scales with Resolve, but the wording makes it seem that the damage absorbed by the ability no longer affects the computation of Resolve. Is this just poor wording?
    It still scales with Resolve on PTR last I checked. This actually is just literally what it says, meaning I don't know why the hell they bothered to change it because it doesn't make any sense at all.

Probably going do some 6.2 stuff soon. Honestly it's really stupid and it doesn't really matter what you do is the summary, but as usual Blizzard managed to make some real stinker trinkets, even ones that were intended to be good.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

We need a pretty light show trinket trox that thing is so good!

We need a pretty light show trinket trox that thing is so good!
    Bears. On Fire. Doing 700 damage a hit.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

Deleted
    That's fucking horrifying.

So, are they going to increase our damage outside of BoS? Or just remove it and lol. I feel like from testing so far, tank damage is horrid. What ever happened to 75% of a dps players output as the goal?