Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Troxism, any chance you know the stat weights for BoS? You said the values of MS and haste are higher when running it just wondering by how much. <3

Great guide! Have a question on trinkets: I'm currently running heroic BRF. I'm not really having survival issues. On your trinket section you mention that Horn of Screaming Spirits is a DPS trinket and basically a weaker version of furnace but don't put it in your pairing section (understandably). I happened to get lucky and pick a heroic version up last night, giving me three trinket options for tanking: Knights badge (685 version); Turnbucke (normal warforged); and now Horn of Spirits (Heroic). Would the proc on Horn (mastery) over Knight's (crit) make it worth using for DPS, survivability, or both? How does the strength/armor passive factor? I figure turnbuckle is better than both of these for its insane on use so should always use it plus one of the others; is that correct? Thanks for help! [furncae door is obviously my desired, but don't have it yet].

Deleted
    For pure DPS I'd use the Horn and Knight's Badge as the Mastery from Turnbuckle isn't very good for DPS despite the good proc. For pure survival I'd use Turnbuckle and Knight's Badge.

Overall I'd say the Turnbuckle and Knight's Badge are probably your best bet for a well rounded build due to the strong proc on Turnbuckle, if survivability is an absolute non-issue you should swap it for the Horn though.

bookmarked
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    For pure DPS I'd use the Horn and Knight's Badge as the Mastery from Turnbuckle isn't very good for DPS despite the good proc. For pure survival I'd use Turnbuckle and Knight's Badge.

Overall I'd say the Turnbuckle and Knight's Badge are probably your best bet for a well rounded build due to the strong proc on Turnbuckle, if survivability is an absolute non-issue you should swap it for the Horn though.
    Thank you Calaelen. As soon as I read your comment I realized I was an oaf with my quick napkin math!

I didn't see a dedicated fix my tanking type thread so I'm asking for help here. If there is a thread I'd be happy to move the discussion over there.

I'm evaluating a recruit, Carnage. I currently have two tanks trialing and split our Tuesday Heroic clear up between them. Carnage tanked Beastlord, Thogar, Iron Maidens(d/c here for a min), Oregorger and Blackhand. The other fights he was in Blood, but wasn't tanking.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rnage/advanced
    Warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary (should be good)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=2 (looks like Beastlord log bugged out)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=summary (Blackhand)

My guild raids 6 hours a week split between two nights, so we need another tank who can keep up with that schedule. This usually means solid tanking on progression and high damage on farm as we don't have time to waste. He is up against a Prot Pally.

As far as an objective review goes I compared Beastlord(AE), Oregorger(dps) and Blackhand(damage spikiness) to 3 different logs. I chose fights with similar ilvls and time. I found these problems after our clear:

Low Runic Power Generation
    Beastlord - 222 vs 475 per minute
    Oregorger - 275 vs 454
    Blackhand - 201 vs 327

Not familiar with pushing dps
    BoS uptime was low when used - 15% or less
    Low Soul Reaper use
    Low Blood Boil use

Low use of Plague Leech
    Beastlord - 1.1 per minute
    Oregorger - 1.1
    Blackhand - 0.4
    It is my understanding that about 2 per minute is good use. Should this talent be changed per fight?

Healers had no complaints. I don't remember him dying. We one shot every boss in a 3 hour clear of heroic. Was smooth overall tanking with him. Looking for additional thoughts on my points as well as criticism on what I missed. Thoughts on if a 3 night a week guild would fit him better?

Edit: For logs
    Last edited by Slatch; 2015-04-03 at 09:50 AM.

Plague Leech should be used every 25sec ideally but no more than around 30sec.

Well these logs are kinda buggy the last 65 sec are like... no one in the raid is doing dmg.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-04-03 at 08:39 AM.

I see that now. Had another person logging. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary

Edit: added this link to above.
    Last edited by Slatch; 2015-04-03 at 09:51 AM.

Looking for tips on how to take the next step to becoming Breath Master. I am raid lead and sometimes I lose track of my RP calling things out. Especially Thogar and I just use defile for that as I am calling out every move. Anyway, my log for Gruul is below. I felt like I was doing really well and then just ran out of steam at 1:10. It looks like I just got a bit too spamy and ran out of runes but at the same time I didn't cap RP anytime before then. Is it pretty much just more CoI and always have runes for it when you are getting low? Then after the first drops I can never get any other Breaths to last anywhere near as long without Heroism and ERW.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4
    Last edited by Eetabee; 2015-04-08 at 04:23 AM.

So seeing as you have around 50% MS.... You should be fine, but I see a MASSIVE ISSUE.

You literally don't have Tier 4 talent... By that I mean you left blood charge at 12 stacks for ALLLLL of breath....... You lost out on like 24+ runes or so in that 1m. w/e the math is

You Blood charges: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=114851

Mine from tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=114851
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-04-08 at 05:31 AM.

He obviously has BT macro'd to Death Coil. Yeah, dont do that when taking Breath.

Sigh, I feel like an idiot haha. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnogga View Post
    He obviously has BT macro'd to Death Coil. Yeah, dont do that when taking Breath.
    Hey its that guy. Nice 1 post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabee View Post
    Sigh, I feel like an idiot haha. Thanks!
    ........ Please make a stand alone keybind for it ... now I wana cry in a corner since that made me realize basically every blood dk prob has it macro'd to something

Macro for Blood Tap

#showtooltip Blood Tap
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast Blood Tap

Use this, because it is better than normal ability on bar. If you have 10 charges you need to double click ability to get 2 Death Runes but using this macro you will get 2 Death Runes by pressing only once button, because Blood Tap is not on gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Hey its that guy. Nice 1 post
    hey dude, dont judge :P

Hello all, I just joined the site so I can post in this awesome looking thread. Just started to main as blood this expansion since my guild required a tank and I'm loving it so far. I've been reading up on all the guides and looking at a lot of parses lately (awesome parses Jellos!) and was curious about stat weights for BoS. I know multistrike is by far the best stat for this and that haste is good as well but I'd like solid numbers. Are there any stat weights available for BoS currently? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I think it goes:

MS: 1
    Haste: .1
    Everything else: 0

(Joking, but by and large that works).
    Not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nisth View Post
    Hello all, I just joined the site so I can post in this awesome looking thread. Just started to main as blood this expansion since my guild required a tank and I'm loving it so far. I've been reading up on all the guides and looking at a lot of parses lately (awesome parses Jellos!) and was curious about stat weights for BoS. I know multistrike is by far the best stat for this and that haste is good as well but I'd like solid numbers. Are there any stat weights available for BoS currently? Thanks!
    Str > BA > MS > Crit > Vers / Haste > Mas for Breath is how I look at gear. Haste has decent value due to how it works with MS.

Ohh wow, I was under the impression that it was something like Str > BA > MS > Haste > etc. Thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry for this but i'm not entirely sure about this one..

i'm currently wearing Sabatons of fractal Earth HC (MS/Mastery) and got Iron Bellow Sabatons Mythic (crit/haste) from my brf Cache. is it right to assume the ilvl push makes them better even though there's neither masters or multistrike on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    sorry for this but i'm not entirely sure about this one..

i'm currently wearing Sabatons of fractal Earth HC (MS/Mastery) and got Iron Bellow Sabatons Mythic (crit/haste) from my brf Cache. is it right to assume the ilvl push makes them better even though there's neither masters or multistrike on it?
    It it is not an upgrade imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nisth View Post
    Ohh wow, I was under the impression that it was something like Str > BA > MS > Haste > etc. Thanks for the info.
    Im not like 100% proven fact on it. It is how I gear / play though.