Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    Similar question, what kind of haste/MS would one need to reliably (more or less), keep BoS up 100% of the time? Baring range issues and the like ofc.
    I mean ideally you have 1500+ easily. Like you can hit 2k with food buff at 660 if you grab the right peices.

Just literally get as much as you can while being able to effectively tank still.

Appreciate the quick reply. Sitting at ~1750 with food buff. Probably need to practice it a bit more lol. Recently got a vial which seems to help a lot.

Which are better - the Fleshmelter Bracers from Blast Furnace or Bracers of Visceral Force? The Fleshmelter Bracers seem to have a slightly lower total stat allocation for some reason, and provide much less multistrike besides (so I'd probably pick the Bracers of Visceral Force).

That being said, the Fleshmelter Bracers have a nice amount of mastery on them, which is why I asked.

--
    On a totally unrelated note, I've been skimming through some logs and I hardly ever see anyone using Forgemaster's Insignia aside from heroics, why is that?
    Last edited by Ayrithiavia; 2015-04-25 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you have to hold onto Vial if you use it and it has lower passive stats then Blast Furnace door. Probably higher DPS on paper but Blast Furnace Door is more convenient.

I'm trying out Forgemaster's Insignia, not really noticing a different in DPS unless I win on the RPPM lottery, which I didn't notice that much with Blast Furnace door (at least offensively).

Also you generate big dick Blood Shields during Blast Furnace Door proc.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Hmm, your point about the Blood Shield is a good one, but Forgemaster's proc is very nice in my experience, and it's farm >>

Also 444 Strength is a lot better than 499 bonus armor; obviously I'm missing something though.
    Last edited by Ayrithiavia; 2015-04-25 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrithiavia View Post
    Hmm, your point about the Blood Shield is a good one, but Forgemaster's proc is very nice in my experience, and it's farm >>

Also 444 Strength is a lot better than 499 bonus armor; obviously I'm missing something though.
    BA is noticably better for mitigation, and their DPS value is closer then you think, esp in those values. BFD is a really good trinket for pretty much any situation. Forgemasters, as I explain in the guide, often just ends up proccing at useless times (and the BFD proc is REALLY strong even for DPS, people seem to have this impression that Mastery is garbage for DPS or something which isn't true, it's just not the BEST DPS stat, keep in mind the BFD proc gives relatively much more of the stat on average then Forgemasters and has the same proc rate).

The thing to generally keep in mind: Blast Furnace Door is pretty much overbudget in every way for it's ilvl, Forgemasters is not.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

10+ Year Old Account
    Also forgot to mention that the stacking on Forgemaster's is complete aids. Garbage mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Also forgot to mention that the stacking on Forgemaster's is complete aids. Garbage mechanic.
    It's hardly exclusive to Forgemaster's; that's how rPPM trinkets work. Fabled Feather of Ji-kun, Skeer's, Battering Talisman say hello?

10+ Year Old Account
    Snapshotting is gone though. Means the trinkets are generally inferior to static trinkets now unless you have some huge damage mechanic like Demonbolt to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    BA is noticably better for mitigation, and their DPS value is closer then you think, esp in those values. BFD is a really good trinket for pretty much any situation. Forgemasters, as I explain in the guide, often just ends up proccing at useless times (and the BFD proc is REALLY strong even for DPS, people seem to have this impression that Mastery is garbage for DPS or something which isn't true, it's just not the BEST DPS stat, keep in mind the BFD proc gives relatively much more of the stat on average then Forgemasters and has the same proc rate).

The thing to generally keep in mind: Blast Furnace Door is pretty much overbudget in every way for it's ilvl, Forgemasters is not.
    Ahhhh okay that makes a lot of sense, thank you. I guess I'm still stuck in the MoP mindset where mastery doesn't do anything for your DPS :/
    Last edited by Ayrithiavia; 2015-04-25 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Snapshotting is gone though. Means the trinkets are generally inferior to static trinkets now unless you have some huge damage mechanic like Demonbolt to abuse.
    Well I mean there are still some abilities that snapshot (Feral bleeds for example) and it's just another way of distributing the proc multistrike. At its peak Forgemaster's gives much more MS than Vial of Convulsive Shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feral dots only snapshot Bloodtalons and TF?

And, yes but it's basically wasted. It's quite rare (bit of hyperbole, but it's extremely common) not to get double MS with Vial proc up, and for the first like 5 seconds Forgemaster is horribly inferior. There's a reason we use Vial over it.

Also the proc is still too short.

I'm not entirely sure what's up with feral right now as I play resto, but actually I think you are right with regards to this discussion so that is my mistake.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think of the new trinkets? There are a lot of horrible stamina trinkets currently so it would seem that the BFD analog and a good DPS trinket might be the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    What do you guys think of the new trinkets? There are a lot of horrible stamina trinkets currently so it would seem that the BFD analog and a good DPS trinket might be the way to go.
    Cleave trinket looked kind of sexy, interested to try it out.

Deleted
    Well looks like Blood DK T2 and T4 got nerfed some.

Probably deserved. But not before monks got an even more overpowered tier bonus than what DKs ever had. Jesus Christ, does Riot even play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Some" is downplaying it a little. 25% chance is fuckin horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Well looks like Blood DK T2 and T4 got nerfed some.

Probably deserved. But not before monks got an even more overpowered tier bonus than what DKs ever had. Jesus Christ, does Riot even play this game.
    Boring but strong tier was nerfed into boring and near useless tier (with a completely useless 4set), GG.

Oh I'll occasionally get 1 more proc and do a little extra healing, which won't impact my play in anyway and won't even be noticed in the moment.

I'll also be able to get to 10 stacks for... reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The only way I could see them making the set-bonus slightly interesting is buffing blood boil again so that the damage of 2xBB > 1xDS for single target. You could build up stacks that way when off-tanking. Still doesn't really change the way we play though, since if they buffed blood boil again we would still spam it for dmg even without the set-bonus I guess...

Deleted
    does anyone of you guys have a clean UI that has weakauras?:>