Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    So first you get 5deaths by having boht bloods on cd and tap 1 blood into death. Now get the Death(blood) on CD and recharging and get the blood on CD and tap and now you have 6.

The ONLY benefit this has is minor. You will never just do 3 death strikes. You need to soul reaper, blood boil 2+ and rune tapping. You will be spending runes like crazy to keep breath up anyway and if you aren't using breath go play a different class.
    Keeping Blood Runes for using Blood Boil single target is always a DPS lost, doesn't matter if you play BoS or Defile. If you are not a retarded Blood DK (most likely 99% of all Blood DKs are) you can manage your Runes with Blood Tap so that you can always use your Skills like Rune Tap, Defile and Soul Reaper with FrostDeath-Runes and UnholyDeath-Runes instead of BloodDeath-Runes. This way you can keep both Blood Runes as Death Runes and maintain higher DPS and better Survivability.
    Nevertheless it's much easier to spend for example BloodDeath Runes for Soul Reaper and exactly after use Blood Tap to make them Deaths again, but of cause you need to know how and not fuck it up.

All in all, this Playstyle is much more rewarding than you can imagine but it needs some practice and a really good rune overview as well as PL, BT and ERW Management.

Well Jello, what if I don't have enough multistrike (aka barely heroic BRF geared lol) and still use Defile?

Depending on how much you do the dailies, the potential to get over 2300 multistrike rating is there even if you aren't Heroic BRF geared.

Through mostly Felbane + Crafted gear, I managed to tailor a catchup tank to 689ilvl with 2300 multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Depending on how much you do the dailies, the potential to get over 2300 multistrike rating is there even if you aren't Heroic BRF geared.

Through mostly Felbane + Crafted gear, I managed to tailor a catchup tank to 689ilvl with 2300 multistrike.
    My 690 dk only has 982 multistrike unbuffed lol. I don't have too many multistrike pieces, mainly ones with vers-mastery, haste mastery, crit mastery, and like two or 3 that actually have mastery multistrike. Got decent gear but just no multistrike

EDIT: Although I just made two empowered 695 pieces feet with crit multistrike and waist mastery multistrike so now I'm 692 with like 1200 mastery unbuffed lol
    Last edited by Bobby1291; 2015-07-23 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisshot View Post
    Did anyone ever do the math on this to see if the UH came out ahead of either the fel burn/cleave trinkets since their nerf?
    I simmed it and Burn/Hunger was like 600dps higher than Burn/Cleave. Not sure how accurate simcraft is for blood dps though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    My 690 dk only has 982 multistrike unbuffed lol. I don't have too many multistrike pieces, mainly ones with vers-mastery, haste mastery, crit mastery, and like two or 3 that actually have mastery multistrike. Got decent gear but just no multistrike

EDIT: Although I just made two empowered 695 pieces feet with crit multistrike and waist mastery multistrike so now I'm 692 with like 1200 mastery unbuffed lol
    690ilvl, I have maybe 2 or 3 legitimate raid drops. One is a LFR cache drop, the rest is crafted and felbane.
    2500 Multistrike, but only 637 Mastery.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...etiam/advanced

That's just my alt tank.

690ilvl, I have maybe 2 or 3 legitimate raid drops. One is a LFR cache drop, the rest is crafted and felbane.

That's just my alt tank.
    Why aren't you using the DPS ring? That's another 100 MS haha.

But wow that's kind of ridiculous - my main is 20 ilevels higher and has about that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Why aren't you using the DPS ring? That's another 100 MS haha.

But wow that's kind of ridiculous - my main is 20 ilevels higher and has about that much.
    lol, well my main DK isn't much higher in ilvl but probably has less multistrike at the moment haha!
    (and of course, I'm sure the inevitable question will be 'why two DK's?'... because I get asked to tank for other people a lot and after running a raid with the main, I'm loot locked. Running raids for others for no loot is okay at times, but I've also come across times when the loot locked folk are causing less drops from the boss... also, I'm finding a lot of hilarious uses for a goblin DK with engineering...)
    Last edited by Resurgo; 2015-07-23 at 07:59 PM.

That's just my alt tank.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ranis/advanced

There's mine. Granted I do have the shitty neck and cloak from Kazzak and a lot of mastery gear, I'd love to get me some multistrike gear and use breath, never used it before. Well I did but it lasted a whole 15 seconds lol.

Baleful armaments pretty much always give me something with Vers

fml
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    dont worry, it will never get as bad as http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mionee/simple :')
    versatility best stat

I'm curious about something for history's sake. Did the changes that made Empty Drinking Horn/Discordant Chorus extremely overpowered (back during the 6.2 PTR) happen in the same PTR that increased BoS to 20 RP/s, or was there a time when we had both the old BoS and the wonderfully powerful trinkets? And how much damage were we doing if we could have both?

Deleted
    I don't think so, mostly because the 20/s cost was extremely early during PTR. Can't tell for sure tho idk.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The RP nerf was pretty early in the PTR cycle, and was maintained throughout.

Drinking Horn and Discordant Chorus swung around like crazy, and were buffed pretty heavily about a week before the patch launched. Then drinking horn was nerfed the day before live, chorus damage was halved during the first week, and drinking horns maximum amount of stacks was limited to 30 before the end of the first week as well. The 30 stack limit really isn't a huge deal though, at least for blood, considering it would be rare for us to exceed that mark.

I dunno if this question was asked but why the recommended item for the 2 set build is Crimson Throatgrabbers (Kilrogg), or Blastproof Legguards (Hellfire Assault) (This is for defile build)? I think that Gauntlets of Derision(Tyrant Velhari) is way better then Crimson Throatgrabbers (Kilrogg) isn't it?
    Last edited by Faustel; 2015-07-31 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Grammar

How important is weapon dps for us?

I just got a 711 calamity's edge and I'm not sure if it's better than my socketed weapon from flamebender. I pass pretty much all gear to our dps and I get leftovers so I only have 2200 ms. I have decent success with BoS but losing 300 ms means I'd have to go defile until Zakuun is nice to me. Just wondering which is better from a dps standpoint.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A1to/advanced

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eetabee View Post
    How important is weapon dps for us?

I just got a 711 calamity's edge and I'm not sure if it's better than my socketed weapon from flamebender. I pass pretty much all gear to our dps and I get leftovers so I only have 2200 ms. I have decent success with BoS but losing 300 ms means I'd have to go defile until Zakuun is nice to me. Just wondering which is better from a dps standpoint.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A1to/advanced
    I'd guess the 711 weapon is better. If you replace the Tablet with a Vial or a Forgemaster's I'm sure you can still use BoS even with ~1900 MS if you play it well and get some good AMS soaks.

I'm trying to learn how to tank Jin'Rokh 10n ToT so I can get to Horridon but I keep getting rekt. I know its been possible to solo since lev90 but for some reason even at lev100 and 669 I fail. This is my armory, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gedread/simple

I don't seem to be able to outheal the damage I recieve. I usually do pretty okay but then all my skills are on C/d and then boop 0hp. I usually get to around 75-50%. I think the stacking Static is hurting me. Can I avoid it? I've been standing in the cloud thingy on the ground which every video I seen does but it doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 2015-07-29 at 02:08 PM.

You should probably post that in the DK solo thread 4.0.

In any case I don't see how 10N Jin'rokh could possibly do threatening damage at 100. You can AMS static burst, but it really shouldn't matter, so I'm guessing there are deeper issues with your play.

With the legendary ring, is it worth delaying DRW to line up with ring on-use + breath every 2 minutes? The way I see it is that an extra 25% damage during DRW is the equivalent of it lasting 10 seconds instead of 8 (easier to model it this way since it's not just a flat % damage increase). This gives it 10/120 = 8.3% "effective" uptime as opposed to 8/90 = 8.9% effective uptime, at first glance making it look like a loss. But, since it's being used during BoS, does the extra RP from extra parry-hasting during DRW offset this?