Manufacturer warranty question

My card here PNY XLR8 Enthusiast Edition VCGGTX580XPB-OC GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB was bought from a friend i no longer have contact with anymore 2 and a half years ago. On the page it says:
    Warranty
    Limited Warranty period (parts): Lifetime
    Limited Warranty period (labor): Lifetime

Can i still try to get a replacement card from them even though i don't have proof of purchase since it does say lifetime so the purchase date wouldn't matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about PNY but evga only gives lifetime to the original purchaser and you have to register the cards serial number with them no more then 30days after purchase to be eligible.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off what's wrong with the card? Second, if this card was bought off Newegg then proof of purchase is easy to get but you'll have to find your friend and get him to do it for you. Just a matter of him logging in. Over two years ago isn't that long ago for not seeing a friend, but it would be kinda of a jerk off thing to do to simply appear out of nowhere asking for a receipt.

found out it wasnt registered at all and they only cover it up to a year if not registered so im SOL, the card is artifacting hard and crashes before windows boots up, replacing it with a spare card worked fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BASgamer View Post
    My card here PNY XLR8 Enthusiast Edition VCGGTX580XPB-OC GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB was bought from a friend i no longer have contact with anymore 2 and a half years ago. On the page it says:
    Warranty
    Limited Warranty period (parts): Lifetime
    Limited Warranty period (labor): Lifetime

Can i still try to get a replacement card from them even though i don't have proof of purchase since it does say lifetime so the purchase date wouldn't matter?
    Without an invoice, you cannot prove that the item in question is not stolen, and thus you are out of luck..

Why would you buy ANYTHING without getting the original invoice from the seller, friend or store????
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BASgamer View Post
    found out it wasnt registered at all and they only cover it up to a year if not registered so im SOL, the card is artifacting hard and crashes before windows boots up, replacing it with a spare card worked fine
    When it comes to things like graphic cards, there really isn't a huge difference between one company over another except for warranty. In other words don't buy from PNY again cause they obviously have a funky warranty system. Best thing you can do now is buy another graphics card and live and learn or buy the same card but return the old broken one. Problem is good luck finding someone who still sells the graphics card.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2014-10-14 at 07:43 PM.