Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Coming back to this topic since the guys bumped it.

I was playing a lot with my clan doing rifts, but a number of them are taking a break to play the new WoW patch, so I've been playing public games. I highly recommend doing that for quicker gearing and higher paced playing than solo. I have not yet had a bad experience with anyone trying to deliberately mess things up. One thing that could be better is people taking a moment to see if they got any loot to trade after a rift, the focus seems to be on clearing the rift, closing it and starting another as quickly as possible.

I'm going to try doing greater rifts too, see how they work out with randoms.

Also, playing in a public group exposes you to lots of players who will be using similar or greatly different builds than you. You can see what other people are trying and often make friends this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Coming back to this topic since the guys bumped it.

I was playing a lot with my clan doing rifts, but a number of them are taking a break to play the new WoW patch, so I've been playing public games. I highly recommend doing that for quicker gearing and higher paced playing than solo. I have not yet had a bad experience with anyone trying to deliberately mess things up. One thing that could be better is people taking a moment to see if they got any loot to trade after a rift, the focus seems to be on clearing the rift, closing it and starting another as quickly as possible.

I'm going to try doing greater rifts too, see how they work out with randoms.

Also, playing in a public group exposes you to lots of players who will be using similar or greatly different builds than you. You can see what other people are trying and often make friends this way.
    Very, very true. When you get to T6, as long as you stick behind the Paragon 400 people in your group you will get tons of free shit to get you geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Xited- View Post
    What do I do when I reach 70? So far, I'm at paragon 23. I don't know which torment to play on, where to start or what to do. I play on the PS4, any advice Is appreciated.
    Start on torment 1. Pretty much any gear set will do, assuming softcore. At 70 you can choose to reset the main quests and redo them, earning the rewards for completing each part of the campaign, do bounties, do rifts, do greater rifts, do uber bosses, do achievements, duel other players, collect better gear to get stronger to get better gear to get stronger etc. The fun in the game is playing with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    The question is, why did people even play Diablo 2 if it had the same motivation for endgame, only without rifts, adventure mode, etc.?

Deleted
    LAN parties were a big draw. I would have considered Diablo 2 to belong to the era where online play was still in its infancy. Playing online with other people was not the norm. The draw for Diablo 2 was playing the other classes, playing with friends locally and searching for the cow level.

Diablo 2 did see the birth of Battlenet but you can't really say it was designed with multiplayer being the primary component of gameplay. So no, trading, while useful, is not a core component of Diablo. It emerged because a need for it was determined by players. A similar phenomenon can be seen in Path of Exile, where the random drop and random crafting nature of the game has spawned poexyz to help people trade.

So yes, trading is important in games like this, however, it's only a thing because the method of obtaining loot (RNG) is seen as unfair and cumbersome. The only way around it would be to implement a token system where you can buy whatever legendaries you desire. This goes against EVERY mechanic in ARPG and most other RPGs in general. For whatever reason, we LOVE RNG, or that's what Blizz will tell you. They think we'd hate it if it became predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    The question is, why did people even play Diablo 2 if it had the same motivation for endgame, only without rifts, adventure mode, etc.?
    Trading and PvP

Deleted
    There is no end game in diablo 3. After you kill Malthael game ends. Rest is nothing then stupid grind for better gear whoch you dont need since gear is tool for killing mobs no reward. Thats why diablo 3 is pretty much dead game after several days. There is nothing to aim for then gear grind which is boring concept. Game missing exclusive content which could be beat with decent gear and skill. Game is splited into several difficulties. There should be only 1 difficulty the hardest one and open world where you could farm and do all that stuff till you can jump on harder bosses. Also boss mechanics are very simple and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    There is no end game in diablo 3. After you kill Malthael game ends. Rest is nothing then stupid grind for better gear whoch you dont need since gear is tool for killing mobs no reward. Thats why diablo 3 is pretty much dead game after several days. There is nothing to aim for then gear grind which is boring concept. Game missing exclusive content which could be beat with decent gear and skill. Game is splited into several difficulties. There should be only 1 difficulty the hardest one and open world where you could farm and do all that stuff till you can jump on harder bosses. Also boss mechanics are very simple and boring.
    Oh look another person who played D3 not knowing what an ARPG is about.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Oh look another person who played D3 not knowing what an ARPG is about.
    Trading and PvP

Deleted
    Oh, now you are just trolling. ARPGs, as a genre, are not about trading and PVP. Torchlight it not about trading or PVP, Titan Quest is not about trading or PVP. Just because in one version of the game you could do these things, in a roundabout way, does not mean that it defines the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Oh, now you are just trolling. ARPGs, as a genre, are not about trading and PVP. Torchlight it not about trading or PVP, Titan Quest is not about trading or PVP. Just because in one version of the game you could do these things, in a roundabout way, does not mean that it defines the genre.
    I wouldn't aspire to be Torchlight, that game was short as hell with little replay value and I'm pretty sure it was only semi-popular because people really had a hard-on for that genre at the time with D3 being announced.

Diablo 3 needs to live up to its predecessors before it can live up to its competitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing that now, I play on Torment two with 372k attack and 2445k toughness; I have a 4 or 5 legendary items. I guess I'll keep doing rifts and bounties, it's getting boring because the gear that drops has miniscule gains and advancing to the next tear is somewhat confusing. I hear people play on normal to crank out as many bounties as possible, is this true? What are the positives and negatives of doing that?
    And here I can see this is a troll thread. If you don't like how d3 is don't play it.

Anyways in case you are not trolling. play, try stuff out, there is not gonna be any holding hands for you. just play until you no longer want to play. that is diablo
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

What do I do when I reach 70? So far, I'm at paragon 23. I don't know which torment to play on, where to start or what to do. I play on the PS4, any advice Is appreciated.

just join t6 public games and get carried. You will be geared and p200+ in a few days.

go to gamestop and buy yourself another game with high replay value?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-11-12 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    go to gamestop and buy yourself another game with high replay value?
    Why? Why not just use steam to buy tons of cheap games that have no replay value? There's so many games out there so cheap, you can buy them and playthrough once then uninstall. You'll never, ever, get through ALL the good games out there for under a fiver.

Perhaps you could spend less time trying to tell people they are "doing it wrong" and instead go play all them games that need playing!

I have been playing Diablo only since the 50% off sale recently, and I'm just about to ding 400. So far I've only played a wizard, a little bit of witch doctor and now playing monk. I havn't fully explored even 1/2 of the classes, so I say there's plenty to do in end game. I only wish there was more stash space, it gets really difficult to hoard loot when you have multiple characters.

when u hit 70. u can do either bounties or rifts. dont do quests or restart them that is just really bad and idiotic.

btw what class are you? anyway try to stick to atleast torment 1 difficulty. (if you arent at torment 1 difficulty yet you can do master bounties or whatever)

the reason for this is bounty caches award legendaries at really high rates on torment 1-6. T6 is 100% where T1 is somewhere between like 20-30% i think. anyway once you've gained some useful legendaries (keep any Rings of royal grandeur you find, or stash them) you can speedrun rifts on T1. if you can clear a rift in under 10 mins your being efficient. once enough of your set pieces drop your speed will increase tenfold.

I.e i was on my seasonal dh running T1s. once i got 4-set pieces i bumped myself up to t2. then got 5-set and went to t5 immediately till around para 150+.

if you arent a dh well, thats kinda tough luck but every class gets better. wiz/dh/wd/crusader/ has almost no problems with low paragon lvl as well, monks/barbs need a bit more lvls to balance out their end game builds but ya.

also if you do have a buddy thats willing to power lvl one of your toons, let him on torment 6 difficulty and just follow around. you'll reach 70 within an hour or so.

Deleted
    I am exactly in that situation now Bovinity. I'm 420 Paragon and have only ever seen a single unity ring. Cannot progress past 34 solo without unity and immortal follower combo. No amount of skill or clever class build can overcome he need for unity. I've also only seen one Stone of Jordan and no Fire/Electricity immunity necklaces.

So yeah, that's really the biggest problem with D3 atm. And adding ancient loot won't fix that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Eat, Sleep, Rift, Repeat.
    If you run out of keys?

Deleted
    I just got my first character a crusader to lvl 70 and now am paragon lvl 10 , so far I have been playing on master as the highest I can go am loving this game as I remember playing diablo 1 on ps2 it was a good game. but I am feeling a bit like the OP , how do I gear up faster so far I do bounties and have completed a few rifts , playing solo . should I try some public games ? or is T1 or higher where the real gear is at ?

As a general rul of thumb; the higher the difficulty, the higher the rewards, the higher the droprates and higher XP gained.

Definitely get into T1 at least: once there you have a chance for any legendary or set in the game to drop (but it'll be a very low droprate mind you; because... T1 is T1). Bounties will level you up the fastest while rifts will gear you up the fastest. Grifts are not recommended at such low levels because they are harder and more time consuming than regular rifts for loot that could've been gotten from regular rifts and gems with negligible effects at low levels (low levels being pre-paragon-level 100).

Unless you and your follower are well equipeed for soloing T1 is a decent amount of time, just go public games. Your allies will carry you and will clear content much faster than you would if you were a fresh 70 jumping into T1s.

Start assembling a build utilizing what sets and legendaries you obtain - once you get your damage to 300k+ you can start soloing T1s, and are ready to move onto T2 publics. When you hit 600k+ your ready to solo T2s and public match T3s, and so on.

Dont concern yourself with Grifts until you get a stable build at T3 that yor gonna keep for a while.