Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Thats micro Arbiter, he got normal atx mobo on his build just above, he did copy the wrong mobo initially. If he goes to micro he got alot of options anyway.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed, which is why I mentioned it's fitted for mITX and microATC and that the gigabyte GPU wouldn't work. I still recommend the 540 over it, but if it's still too big then hes probably going to have go down to micro because the 540 is pretty damn short lmao.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

DONE... I think...

Going with the Corsair Air 540 as long as it will fit the new GTX 970 cards.

The set up currently looks like this:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5: 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Windforce
    Case: Corsair Air 540 (black)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Before I order, and I intend to order everything tonight, I would like to know a couple things.

1) Is this CPU cooler sufficient? My house doesn't get very hot as I like to keep it cool either way.
    2) Will the motherboard fit?
    3) I already bought 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance Ram... I could put into my current system that I just put 2x4GB into if buying the G.Skill will significantly increase anything.
    4) Will the GPU fit? Also, is this card I have chosen the best choice still?

Thank you all I will be back in about 8 hours and will be ordering all the components tonight if everything fits.
    Also, I'm interested in adding some of the LED upgraded fans and also would like to know if there are any other parts/connecters/cords/anything I may need to build this. This is going to be my first time building besides just doing a little bit of replacement work on my current system a week ago.

Thank you very much!

Deleted
    All seems good, the psu seems excessive, i mean 750W are used in sli 970s, that thing will barely pass 50% at max loads, which aint always a good thing.

Need PSU suggestions. I was going with the:
    SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Because it was on sale and I missed it =( would like to stay high quality etc.. on this. Please get me some suggestions on how many Watts I need.

Thanks it will be all ordered today!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you ever intend on adding a second card in for SLI or no?
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Do you ever intend on adding a second card in for SLI or no?
    It's not out of the question, however, I'm not planning on doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm literally on amazon about to complete this order. Do I need any other items to build this thing?

Also, is this card the one to get?
    Last edited by Mavers; 2014-10-24 at 07:00 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A ~500W Seasonic PSU would do just fine then. Doesn't matter if it's Bronze cert or modular, those are honestly just whether you prefer to pay those premiums.

And yea the 970 is a beast for the price man.

http://www.amazon.com/SeaSonic-550-W...words=seasonic
    If you want something modular.

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Wired-Bron...words=seasonic
    If you don't want modular. XFX PSUs are Seasonic OEM.

PSU

Seasonic M12ll 620 80+ Bronze Full mod .... for $89.25
    or
    Seasonic SSR-550RM 80+ Gold Semi mod.... for $79.99

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavers View Post
    PSU

Seasonic M12ll 620 80+ Bronze Full mod .... for $89.25
    or
    Seasonic SSR-550RM 80+ Gold Semi mod.... for $79.99
    Go with the G series. Has a dedicated 12V rail compared to 2 separate rails.

Ordered

I just ordered all components besides the GTX 970. I am looking to see if I can find one that is in stock.

I see that a
    Zotac Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDMI DVI DisplayPort SLI Ready Graphics Card ZT-90101-10P Graphics Cards ZT-90101-10P
    is in stock... should I get this?

This is also available
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Graphics Card GV-N970WF3OC-4GD

Or do I just order a specific one and wait for it to be sent....

Hope to hear soon.. I don't want to wait another week.. or longer to get this system complete.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mavers; 2014-10-25 at 10:07 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/...nvidia/gtx970/

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would go with either the MSI one or the Gigabyte one in stock. Both would fit the case to be honest. (assuming you went with the 540)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=6202798&SID=

If you want to wait you could be patient and probably snag a better 970 (although more expensive) but that could be days or weeks to be honest.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-25 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/...nvidia/gtx970/

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would go with either the MSI one or the Gigabyte one in stock. Both would fit the case to be honest. (assuming you went with the 540)

If you want to wait you could be patient and probably snag a better 970 (although more expensive) but that could be days or weeks to be honest.
    That's an awesome site! Thanks for sharing.
    I guess I could try to wait out a couple days but I wan't the system up and running by next weekend without fail! Price is not really a constraint... would you (or anyone) mind giving a personal rank (top 3-5) of the 970's that are out so that I can try to keep track to see when one might come available.

I have never OC'ed anything but would be willing to get one that has the potential or just get one that is pre-OC'ed.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Mavers; 2014-10-26 at 02:31 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavers View Post
    That's an awesome site! Thanks for sharing.
    I guess I could try to wait out a couple days but I wan't the system up and running by next weekend without fail! Price is not really a constraint... would you (or anyone) mind giving a personal rank (top 3-5) of the 970's that are out so that I can try to keep track to see when one might come available.

I have never OC'ed anything but would be willing to get one that has the potential or just get one that is pre-OC'ed.

Thank you!
    Well the problem lies with the fact that if you wait those few days, today's options might also be gone. Top 3 970 cards are MSI, Gigabyte, and ASUS. By no means are the 2 cards I linked bad, they are just slightly different than the more expensive options from those brands. Same cooler for the most part (probably the same to be honest) and the cheaper ones have a slightly lower clock out the box, but not much lower and you can always over clock them.