Can you even get a full set of conq yet, even if you've been capping the entire time?

I am also seriously suspect of people who claim a high dps for a low ilvl without even a link to their toon, let alone the log to back it up. Also, if you died, you didn't do "x" dps.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2014-12-18 at 04:04 PM.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    I am debating on whether or not to go for the Ret PvP 4 piece to replace some of my lower pieces to get the Vindicator's Fury Buff. Or should I just hold out and get heroic gear. I am priority in my guild due to lack of plate dps we have. What do you guys think?

Also, should I hold out for the Heroic Sword off Imperator or if the Mace drops of Ko'ragh just pick that up since my wep is 655. Any idea how big an increase dmg is going to a heroic wep?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I am doing less DPS than I should be for my ilvl.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...áphael/simple
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2V1va#fight=24

Any tips would be amazing I have been experimenting with different combos to see what works best but I feel like I could push more. Thank you all in advance.

I wouldn't ever pass up on a weapon for a chance that it could drop later (that stuff isn't guaranteed). The damage gain going from 655 to 670 is going to be far greater than going from the secondaries on the mace to the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    I am also seriously suspect of people who claim a high dps for a low ilvl without even a link to their toon, let alone the log to back it up. Also, if you died, you didn't do "x" dps.
    Yea I just did a quick look on WoL and all the ret pallies I could find pulling around 27.5k dps on H Butcher are over 660 ilevel with a heroic wep, which seems much more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    The reason people have to say Sim it is because it all depends on your other stats, which vary so much right now without everyone in raiding gear that its impossible to remember all the breakpoints, it also helps to stop people being so helpless and do things for themselves like when you tell someone to wowhead something and then they wowhead more and more things until they no longer need to ask anyone.
    See people say this but its not true. Show me one good ret about to hit a breakpoint that won't just gems or enchants mastety it likely won't happen nor will seeking out undesirable gear unless u have a choice and then your items are determined also on chance to what u are using based on extra procs. In short spouting sim it to me is a absolute joke in my opinion.

If I were to ask a similar gear question which usually only pertains to tribket mechanics I'm more so looking for opinions and the item directly vs another at times not hurks durka single target 50k pulls sim.

Pretty much all the best rest post here some very rarely are u guys going to randomly just go oooooo diddley dee let me take this random ass item its like ask mister robot logic. Aka terrible

- - - Updated - - -

I might of forgot what I was talking about. In short myself and prolly people who ask want feedback not told to sim it. Everyone knows they can sim it. Not fuckin tarded asking opinions
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-12-18 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Yea I just did a quick look on WoL and all the ret pallies I could find pulling around 27.5k dps on H Butcher are over 660 ilevel with a heroic wep, which seems much more reasonable.

Here is a log of a ret paladin who is 652 pulling 31k on H Butcher..

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

and here are logs of a bunch of shitty geared paladins doing the same

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...tion&bracket=1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by triggersad View Post

You might want to look at their actual item level and not what the logs say. One in second place says their item level was 624 but it's actually 671.

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't check second link but as for first link, it was posted 2 days ago and...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unavale/simple
    663 with a heroic weapon, so unless he's gotten some crazy upgrades since then I'm not sure why the logs say 652, however it wouldn't surprise me if that was the armory bugging as while looking up people I noticed some says level 98 until I clicked them and they were 100 and geared. I'd guess the 2nd link is the same thing.

and with that armory link too if you mouse over the scabbard it shows it still with vers.

On that note, I just got a scabbard from a salvage. Debating keeping it or selling it to buy a SoW and other gear upgrades however if I keep it, is the correct use to use it only with avenging wrath (so losing 30s each time) or should I be using it on CD?

You can't buy scabbard's value by buying other gear. Scabbard isn't replaceable while the other stuff is, especially SoW.

Don't do it scabbard is sex use it. Your lord commands you

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha okay I will use it
    But use it every 2min with AW or ever 1min 30 on CD?

Is that accurate or were you just making a point? I feel bad if it is, I'm only pulling 23k at the moment, we just downed HC butcher for the first time. I had 647 ilevel and a 640 wep, using SW and ES, I tried SW and FV on it and pulled far lower dps so went back to ES. Never tried seraphim.
    It is accurate and I was just making a point that flaunting your own numbers isn't helping anyone with their lower numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    You might want to look at their actual item level and not what the logs say. One in second place says their item level was 624 but it's actually 671.
    those are the illvl's at the time of that log, if you look at the dates you will notice this.
    when you click on the armory you will see their current ilvl

Didn't check second link but as for first link, it was posted 2 days ago and...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unavale/simple
    663 with a heroic weapon, so unless he's gotten some crazy upgrades since then I'm not sure why the logs say 652, however it wouldn't surprise me if that was the armory bugging as while looking up people I noticed some says level 98 until I clicked them and they were 100 and geared. I'd guess the 2nd link is the same thing.

and with that armory link too if you mouse over the scabbard it shows it still with vers.

On that note, I just got a scabbard from a salvage. Debating keeping it or selling it to buy a SoW and other gear upgrades however if I keep it, is the correct use to use it only with avenging wrath (so losing 30s each time) or should I be using it on CD?

Again, what I mentioned above, at the time of the log their ilvl was 652 when you click on the armory you see their current gear

As well scabbard in the armory is wrong/bugged, there is no versatility.
    As well as to say, Scabbard is what is making all those paladins number crazy. It is that good.
    Last edited by triggersad; 2014-12-18 at 05:21 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mC9tn#fight=10

Deleted
    those are the illvl's at the time of that log, if you look at the dates you will notice this.
    when you click on the armory you will see their current ilvl
    No they're not, unless you're seriously going to tell me that someone at 624 item level went to 671 in the space of a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    No they're not, unless you're seriously going to tell me that someone at 624 item level went to 671 in the space of a couple of hours.
    Hmm you are correct, I think this person might have edited or cheesed the logs. He also has no guild in that log, which is suspect. Other than that second person the other ones look legit. But im sure their are probably more outliers that have had really low gear and then when you look at their armory its like 660 or 670 or something.

A person could also update the logs later than when they recorded them,
    Last edited by triggersad; 2014-12-18 at 05:44 PM.

Ha okay I will use it
    But use it every 2min with AW or ever 1min 30 on CD?
    Use with AW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    eh im RETarded was looking at the wrong log (3am here zzz)

I really wouldnt be surprised because the lucky bastard got the heroic weapon from Kor'agh a week ago (maximum jelly)
    Last edited by Kanael; 2014-12-18 at 07:19 PM.
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void