WoD armor upgrades: BoE or BoP?

not sure if I have this right or not..

as far as I understand, having a lvl 2 garrison profession building and a designated follower to it allows crafting of the epic 640 armor pieces - which are BoE.

however, you can not upgrade it to 655 unless you have the actual profession on a character and make the an upgarding consumable like "greater burnished essence etc.

few questions though:

a) is the item upgrading consumable a BoE (and could be traded to others or be sold) or BoP?

b) if it is BoE, could a character with the BoE armor without the maxed attached profession actually use it on said gear or is it like former engineering goggles (BoE but could only be used by engineers above X skill)?

c) if it is BoP and only the maxed professional could use it ( and he does so on a BoE 640 gear) will it bind the BoE and make it a BoP or would the 640 BoE gear become 655 BoE gear?

thanks

So far the upgrade item does not bind at all and only requires the user to be level 91:
    http://wod.wowhead.com/item=118472#reagent-for

I don't know if using it on a still BoE piece will keep it BoE, or make it soulbound.

did anyone try yet? would rly like to get an upgraded offhand from my scribe
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.