Deleted

Professions and Garrisons

Hi, I couldn't find anything about this topic so I'll start a new thread and ask away.

My Warrior currently has Engineering and Blacksmithing as professions. Should I give up one of them and pick up Mining or maybe something else?
    Also is there a like a "BiS setup" for Garrisons? Are there any buildings I absolutley have to build or won't it matter?

Any help is appreciated.

Also excuse me if there are grammatical mistakes here, I'm not a native english speaker.

Engineering will allow you to get the epic googles , while blacksmithing will allow you to get a epic set.

having the professions enables you to get the upgrade items from 630 to 640 and finally to 655.

if you want to have more reliable information , refer to wowhead - would've linked but too low post number ;c theres a guide about professions in general in WoD and a garrison calculator to allow you to plan ahead , and see what you will end up, if memory serves there should even be a garrison detailed guide sorry for the lack of links..

worthy to note that the garrison has a mine.

Deleted
    Thanks! I will check it out, and don't worry I about the lack of links I'll just google it.

Keep in mind if you are interested in crafting you will have to devote at least half your garrison buildings to doing it. If you intend on upgrading your epic items with any sort of speed you will need multiple alts as well. The system is actually pretty terrible.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly just building towards followers and their missions. To what end that'll cost me in terms of plots, well, I think it would fill up nicely and leave a little bit of flavor for buildings of convenience. I just can't see myself touching the crafting stations since, as Archimtiros said, the overall system is ass and if you're a raider, you'll likely be getting in to Heroic Highmaul before you're even able to reap the maximum rewards of your profession and it's simply downhill from there once the next tier is released.

I feel like they turned a lot of the garrison potential in to traps and even more so when they downsized the amount of available plots.

That's my two cents anyway.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Just to put some things in perspective, if you want to get your hands on 1 fully upgraded crafted item before first week of Mythic you'll need 2 chars with that profession + that building, if you want two items you'll need 3 chars.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Keep in mind if you are interested in crafting you will have to devote at least half your garrison buildings to doing it. If you intend on upgrading your epic items with any sort of speed you will need multiple alts as well. The system is actually pretty terrible.
    The system is insanely fucking retarded for min/maxing. Atleast if I understand it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Just to put some things in perspective, if you want to get your hands on 1 fully upgraded crafted item before first week of Mythic you'll need 2 chars with that profession + that building, if you want two items you'll need 3 chars.
    You also need to have a barn to get Savage Bloods and potentially spend a LOT of time farming elites to get them. If you are on a big PvP server, or simply an overpopulated one I absolutely guarantee there will be heavy griefing over mobs.

And the last update makes the items have an ilvl of 665? Which is the same as Highmaul Normal? Or am i wrong?
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The system is actually pretty terrible.
    It just means that the BoEs will be very expensive and available late, making them mostly irrelevant for anyone but the very competitive raiders and casual raiders.

The Follower game is more important.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you factored in the level 3 Barn here?

I can't find any specific information about this but from what I know you trap beasts in nagrand which are effectively your work orders. You get 1 blood each but how many orders can you do per day and how many bloods do you need per 3/3 upgraded item?

Work orders take 4 hours to complete, but you can queue them up so they'll run through the day so 6 per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    The highest potential bops a day you can make is 22 I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

The 5000 gift bot does give some sometimes though. Usually 2.

You need 30 bloods for one max upgraded item from what i see on wowhead so thats 5days. Considering they aren't bop it doesn't look as bad as people make it out to be.

My concern is that the crafted items look like they have random stats. Are we going to have to make multiple just to get the best combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaryn View Post
    Hi, I couldn't find anything about this topic so I'll start a new thread and ask away.

My Warrior currently has Engineering and Blacksmithing as professions. Should I give up one of them and pick up Mining or maybe something else?
    Also is there a like a "BiS setup" for Garrisons? Are there any buildings I absolutley have to build or won't it matter?

Any help is appreciated.

Also excuse me if there are grammatical mistakes here, I'm not a native english speaker.
    I would drop Engineering as all of the nice perks of Engineering can be obtained as a non-engineer (Nitro Boosts share potion cooldown) unless you absolutely need old content random portals. What you replace it with is up to you but, as you said, Mining is a nice alternative though JC isn't too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Haverz View Post
    Engineering will allow you to get the epic googles , while blacksmithing will allow you to get a epic set.

having the professions enables you to get the upgrade items from 630 to 640 and finally to 655.

if you want to have more reliable information , refer to wowhead - would've linked but too low post number ;c theres a guide about professions in general in WoD and a garrison calculator to allow you to plan ahead , and see what you will end up, if memory serves there should even be a garrison detailed guide sorry for the lack of links..

worthy to note that the garrison has a mine.
    The goggles are not worth equipping since you're guaranteed a 640 Helm from the MC event and they count as one of your 3 WoD crafted epics. You're best off saving your BS/JC cd mats until after the first (second if you're willing to do all that stuff before Mythic) raid lockout's stuff to craft gear to fill in whatever sub 640-slots you have left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    You need 30 bloods for one max upgraded item from what i see on wowhead so thats 5days. Considering they aren't bop it doesn't look as bad as people make it out to be.

My concern is that the crafted items look like they have random stats. Are we going to have to make multiple just to get the best combo?
    There are secondary stat reroll kits for crafted armor.