Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    You never want to delay TF's CD. If you have <40 energy you can TF then Bite, otherwise you want to Bite so you don't waste energy and then use TF. Since that Bite will always happen with 40-50 energy you're not losing much.
    Sorry I couldn't phrase that well enough. I mean in the case that I've used my TF 6 seconds ago so the buff from it is about to expire. At that I have a 5 CP and have rip/SR rolling so will use FB, in this scenario where my TF buff will end and I have only pooled 25 energy for example. Should I bite regardless just before TF ends or should I just save 50 energy and FB as usual.

Also one more question, if we get clearcast at 5CP do we need to wait 50 energy to get full benefit of FB or does it not matter since its clearcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Memur View Post
    Also one more question, if we get clearcast at 5CP do we need to wait 50 energy to get full benefit of FB or does it not matter since its clearcast.
    During clearcasting the initial FB cost will be 0, but it will take up to 25 extra energy for 100% more damage.

As for your other question I can only speculate since I don't have any simulations to back it up. You're looking at either a 25 energy FB with 15% extra damage, or a 50 FB with 100% more damage two seconds later. There's of course a combo points advantage for the TF alternative but I can't see it being better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    During clearcasting the initial FB cost will be 0, but it will take up to 25 extra energy for 100% more damage.

As for your other question I can only speculate since I don't have any simulations to back it up. You're looking at either a 25 energy FB with 15% extra damage, or a 50 FB with 100% more damage two seconds later. There's of course a combo points advantage for the TF alternative but I can't see it being better.
    Thanks for the reply.

I see, so if I pool 25 energy while I have clearcast it will do the full FB damage then?

Well I've had it quite when I was at around 35-40ish rather than just plain 25 when TF was just about to drop off, but I don't know how the FB damage scales (as in linear so as to get 4% damage per energy or some other factor) between different energy levels that's why I was curious about it, but I guess it's a minimal difference after 40 energy anyways, so it's kind of a pointless question More curiosity than anything I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Memur View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I see, so if I pool 25 energy while I have clearcast it will do the full FB damage then?

Well I've had it quite when I was at around 35-40ish rather than just plain 25 when TF was just about to drop off, but I don't know how the FB damage scales (as in linear so as to get 4% damage per energy or some other factor) between different energy levels that's why I was curious about it, but I guess it's a minimal difference after 40 energy anyways, so it's kind of a pointless question More curiosity than anything I guess
    Yes for question 1. The damage scales linearly so a TF'd FB is as strong as a 50 energy non-TF'd at 43.5 energy I think. So if TF is about to run out you FB if you're over 43.5 energy, otherwise you wait.
    Last edited by Rioo; 2014-10-27 at 02:13 PM.

Yup basically what Rioo said, although you are saving some energy so you can go a little lower than 43.5 and it still be worth it. I'd say probably 40+.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Is there any best way to shadowmeld > rake?

Can it just be macro'd together reliably?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Clipping a 5 CP Rip (max damage) with a 4 CP Rip (lower damage) is obviously going to have a negative effect on your DPS. In the case of Savage Roar, the amount of combo points is only going to affect how long the buff lasts, and Ferocious Bite will refresh Rip as though it was applied with 5 combo points (granted that's the potency of the last Rip you applied) when in execute range regardless of how many combo points are up when you use Ferocious Bite.
    I thought on this comment, and I guess it doesn't hit the root of the question, possibly due to how I asked it. Yes I understand the roar part, as I said previously, but as a rule if I'm at say 4 combo points, do I shred for the 5th cp, for my FB?(given that rip/rake/SR all have plenty of time left? Ty for the rip part. Because for rogues you would 4 pt evis, so as not to lose CP. Just a habit I've built up and wondering if it applies for Ferals FB
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Is there any best way to shadowmeld > rake?

Can it just be macro'd together reliably?
    I'd probably try something like:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowmeld
    /castsequence reset=1 Shadowmeld, Rake
    Quote Originally Posted by lifteez View Post
    I thought on this comment, and I guess it doesn't hit the root of the question, possibly due to how I asked it. Yes I understand the roar part, as I said previously, but as a rule if I'm at say 4 combo points, do I shred for the 5th cp, for my FB?(given that rip/rake/SR all have plenty of time left? Ty for the rip part. Because for rogues you would 4 pt evis, so as not to lose CP. Just a habit I've built up and wondering if it applies for Ferals FB
    Conventional wisdom is that you always use 5 CP, but its probably something that hasn't been explored as thoroughly as it should be given how strong Ferocious Bite is now. It used to be weak enough that it's DPE was not significantly higher (or even not higher at all) than Shred so you didn't really care about wasting a combo point here and there. On top of FB being stronger, there's also the matter of Incarnation granting a guaranteed 2 CP per shred with high enough crit levels.

I just started playing Feral again, so I have some questions.

Tiger's Fury is about to come off cooldown, Rake is about to drop off, and energy is about to cap. What do I prioritize? Shred away the energy so I can use TF and empower Rake with it, even if Rake falls off for a second or so? Rake first to ensure it doesn't fall off, then Shred away energy so I can use TF, even if TF stays off cooldown for a second or so? Or TF first and apply Rake so it doesn't fall off, even if I waste energy? I'm leaning towards the first (or even the second, since Shred and Rake expend almost the same amount of energy), since it's more important to keep TF on cooldown.

At 5CP, TF is about to come off cooldown, Rip—non-TFed—is about to enter the Pandemic zone, and energy is not far from capping. Should I Shred away as much energy as possible in order to not energy cap when I activate TF, even if I waste combo points? Or is it better to use Ferocious Bite, then TF, and then clip the Rip when I am back up at 5CP, even if I didn't get to clip Rip immediately as it entered the Pandemic zone? I'm thinking the latter, as Rip is something we don't want to clip outside the Pandemic zone even if it is empowered by TF.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2014-10-28 at 07:35 PM.

Tiger's Fury is about to come off cooldown, Rake is about to drop off, and energy is about to cap. What do I prioritize? Shred away the energy so I can use TF and empower Rake with it, even if Rake falls off for a second or so? Rake first to ensure it doesn't fall off, then Shred away energy so I can use TF, even if TF stays off cooldown for a second or so? Or TF first and apply Rake so it doesn't fall off, even if I waste energy? I'm leaning towards the first (or even the second, since Shred and Rake expend almost the same amount of energy), since it's more important to keep TF on cooldown.
    Rake then Shred away the energy to TF, then reapply Rake. Maximizing your # of shreds is much less important than both keeping TF on cooldown and keeping Rake applied.

At 5CP, TF is about to come off cooldown, Rip—non-TFed—is about to enter the Pandemic zone, and energy is not far from capping. Should I Shred away as much energy as possible in order to not energy cap when I activate TF, even if I waste combo points? Or is it better to use Ferocious Bite, then TF, and then clip the Rip when I am back up at 5CP, even if I didn't get to clip Rip immediately as it entered the Pandemic zone? I'm thinking the latter, as Rip is something we don't want to clip outside the Pandemic zone even if it is empowered by TF.
    If you can get to 5 CP during the TF (like you would able to at 90): Ferocious Bite, Shred if you still need to get rid of more energy, TF, Rip at 5 CP.
    If you can't get to 5 CP (like at level 100 in terrible gear): Rip, Shred to get rid of energy, TF, don't reapply Rip (SR or FB as appropriate).

- - - Updated - - -

They buffed several MoP enchants to make sure they were best for everybody. The suggestions in the guide are now true best; make sure you drop Precise Strikes and Greater Assault if you were using them.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

They buffed several MoP enchants to make sure they were best for everybody. The suggestions in the guide are now true best; make sure you drop Precise Strikes and Greater Assault if you were using them.

Not only buffed. The older enchants seems to be nerfed - for example http://www.wowhead.com/spell=25080 15 Agi on Gloves are now 7 Agi only.

I got another question, it's related to simcraft. What are the best settings for a general statvalue simulation? I'm simming all my charakters with "helter skelter" 1 and 2 Targets. Do you have other preferences when you want to calculate your values?

I don't like Patchwerk simulations. No Boss encounter is Patchwerk Style. Some are close to it, but most encounters include some movement or targetswitch.

If you can't get to 5 CP (like at level 100 in terrible gear): Rip, Shred to get rid of energy, TF, don't reapply Rip (SR or FB as appropriate).
    So if TF comes off cooldown 2-3 seconds before Rip enters the Pandemic zone, I should let TF stay off cooldown for these 2-3 seconds so I can reapply Rip?

Deleted
    So if TF comes off cooldown 2-3 seconds before Rip enters the Pandemic zone, I should let TF stay off cooldown for these 2-3 seconds so I can reapply Rip?
    TF lasts 8 seconds. If you use TF 2-3 before Rip enters the pandemic zone you still have 5 seconds to reapply a buffed Rip.
    You got 5 CP, SR lasts long enough, 2-3s before Rip enters Pandemic zone --> FB, TF, Rake, Shred to 5 CP and then the Buffed Rip

I think I would play it like this. Or is it really an issue to get 5 CP during TF @ level 100???
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2014-10-29 at 03:56 PM.

Edit: Misread. No in that case you should just TF and Rip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    I think I would play it like this. Or is it really an issue to get 5 CP during TF @ level 100???
    10 energy/s * 8 seconds + 60 energy = 140 energy = 3 guaranteed combo points. So yes if you get no crits on your first 3 generators you will not be able to reach 5 CP unless you get an Omen of Clarity. Its not the likely outcome even in very poor gear, but its also not unlikely.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-10-29 at 05:13 PM.

So, is it not worth it to thrash on one target anymore? When everything else is already up and doesn't need to be refreshed soon of course.
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

on 90 lvl no, build CP and use FB
    on 100 maybe but only on Clearcasting procs, outside it's a waste

Deleted
    What will our stat priority look like at 100? and will they changed based on whether we use SOTF or Incarn?

For the stats we do have available at level 90, expect much of the same: Crit universally desirable as our attuned stat, Haste all around meh, and Mastery shitty on single target but ridiculous for sustained multi-target. For the new stats, Multistrike is in much the same place as crit but doesn't have the 5% increase from attunement or the interaction with Ferocious Bite or stealth Shred so it falls in a strong second place on single target. Versatility isn't anything spectacular but since Haste is so bad (and Mastery even worse when it comes to single target) it tends to land somewhere between those stats and Multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    and will they changed based on whether we use SOTF or Incarn?
    There's not really a reason to ever use SotF, but no.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-11-04 at 12:21 AM.

Woah, nice guide Pawkets. I had no idea you had this up here ~~ good to see you are still raiding.

Edit: Misread. No in that case you should just TF and Rip.
    So it's better to waste combo points than to not use TF on cooldown, then?