Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't think its anything I changed. There was a change fixing the default target level when using GUI, but that wouldn't bring your DPS up. I'm still getting the same results as I was yesterday pretty much so perhaps your gear or some other settings are different between your two simulations.

And apparently the newest version you downloaded doesn't have the changes I'm talking about either, I would wait for the nightly from today to be put up then give it a shot.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

No, I'm using the same simc file and the exact same gear, because I haven't acquired any new gear since last I ran the simulation.

Edit: Yup, I just ran the simulation over again with the older version, and it's around 900 DPS lower.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2014-11-25 at 11:58 PM.

Pretty sure Pawkets is doing overall or adds/cleave/multitarget and Arctagon is doing Patchwerk style encounter?

Would explain the massive difference in Mastery as well :P

Nope, mine is patchwerk and I assume his is too given the numbers its giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    I've just used NV so far, never looked on numbers! I wonder if someone have a macro to use HT on my targets target and if not possible (e.i unfriendly out of range etc.) use on me, Manly because of the extra effect added to DoC. I think rejuv would be easy to mouseover but since I'm playing BT I wouldn't feel secure with a mouseover macro on HT.
    My DoC macro is unshift with mouseover, or target of target, or unmodified. I have the same for rejuv also.

#showtooltip
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] Healing Touch; [@targettarget,help,nodead] Healing Touch; Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] Rejuvenation; [@targettarget,help,nodead] Rejuvenation; Rejuvenation

I ran into some pretty dumb luck yesterday and as a result have a few questions.

The luck was that while running a random heroic with a couple of guild mates, I looted Lucky Double-Sided Coin off a random trash mob. Loot was set to Personal. There was no roll. I thought that was odd, but I'm not about to question good fortune, so here we are.

My questions are as follows:

(1) Is this trinket worth equipping or better sold on the AH? According to the sims here, it's beating out actual raiding trinkets... is that still the case?

(2) I have not equipped an /use trinket in forever. The CD appears to be 2 minutes. My initial thought was that this would best be used during/with berserk/incarnation, but the CD seems to throw things out of whack on any fight longer than 2 minutes. What's the optimal use of this trinket?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    I ran into some pretty dumb luck yesterday and as a result have a few questions.

The luck was that while running a random heroic with a couple of guild mates, I looted Lucky Double-Sided Coin off a random trash mob. Loot was set to Personal. There was no roll. I thought that was odd, but I'm not about to question good fortune, so here we are.

My questions are as follows:

(1) Is this trinket worth equipping or better sold on the AH? According to the sims here, it's beating out actual raiding trinkets... is that still the case?

(2) I have not equipped an /use trinket in forever. The CD appears to be 2 minutes. My initial thought was that this would best be used during/with berserk/incarnation, but the CD seems to throw things out of whack on any fight longer than 2 minutes. What's the optimal use of this trinket?

Thanks!
    I also got this trinket some days now. I love it, I don't wanna miss it! Yes it's worth it to equip the coin. Agi on use is so powerful.
    I'm stacking it with zerk+incarnation right after the pull in most cases. There are a few situations where I delay them - eg. this Tree Boss in the Evergreen Instance (while he is dry, pulling water orbs and is taking 100%(?) more dmg)

But in general:
    Pull with Zerk+Incarnation+Trinket. The second use depends on the fight lenght. Does the Boss live long enough to delay it until Zerk+Incarnation are ready again or will the Boss die within the next 60seconds?

When a fight lasts eg. 5 Minutes, and a 3rd Trinket use would fit, use if when if comes off cooldown, and delay your 2nd Zerk+Incarnation until the trinket comes off cooldown again.

Just synchronize them as often as possible witout losing a usage.
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2014-11-26 at 04:32 PM.

Just hit 100 last night. I read the opener:

Precast HT, Stealthed Rake, Shred to 5 CP, TF, Rip, Zerk+Incarnation, Shred to 4 CP, HT, Rake, Bite

but dont seem to have enough energy to pull it off. Instead, Ive mainly been opening:

Precast HT, Stealthed Rake, Shred to 4 CP, TF, Rake, Rip, Zerk+Incarnation, Shred to 5 CP, HT, Bite

I just want to make sure that Im not losing too much deeps by doing it this way.

Also, should Rake be used while Incarnation is up? or is it bad to assume that we get Improved Rake dmg while in Battle Kitty.

Yeah improved rake is in effect during Incarnation, so the first thing you want to do is refresh rake, unless the previous one is stronger. Then you keep it up and make sure to refresh it the last second of Incarnation.

I don't see how those two sequences are different enough to where you can cast one but not the either; in fact you really should be able to do either with no problems. If you don't have enough energy its probably because you aren't Berserking soon enough.

Yes Rake should be reapplied during Incarnation as you do get the perk, and that actually makes the second sequence you listed much worse than the first. I recommend trying this, you shouldn't have any energy problems:
    HT
    Prowl
    Pot
    Rake
    Incarnation
    Berserk + TF as soon as you're at < 40 energy
    Shred to 5 CP
    Berserk + TF if you haven't yet, even if you have more than 40 energy
    Rip
    Shred to 4 CP
    HT
    Rake
    FB

Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    Just synchronize them as often as possible witout losing a usage.
    Golden rule of any cooldown, pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated the Snapshotting & Clipping section to better describe the buffs available to us at level 100 and how to handle them.

- - - Updated - - -

Added a section on gear comparisons with Pawn to the FAQ.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-11-26 at 09:13 PM.

Was doing the daily challenge mode today and was trying out Shiv+Glyph of Savagery. Can't tell if I just suck at using Bloodtalons or if the awkwardness of it in dungeon makes it not worth it for a CM.

I know this is a vague statement but I wasn't running logs since I wasn't planning on doing the CM at that time. Was about 14k on Yalu and 16k on Archmage, just single target.

My Druid
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-11-27 at 02:12 AM.

Very good guide, extremely helpful! In regards to bloodtalons though, what's the ideal way to use it? Is it beneficial to consume the predatory swiftness proc immediately, or wait 2-3 combo points to use rip/bite with bloodtalons. So far i've just been refreshing rake with bloodtalons and then just using whatever i would naturally use next in my rotation.

Wait until 4+ CP, use 1 charge on Rake (if necessary) and 1 charge on a finisher. You can't always make it to 4 of course and in that case you can do what you described, but that should be the goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Was doing the daily challenge mode today and was trying out Shiv+Glyph of Savagery. Can't tell if I just suck at using Bloodtalons or if the awkwardness of it in dungeon makes it not worth it for a CM.

I know this is a vague statement but I wasn't running logs since I wasn't planning on doing the CM at that time. Was about 14k on Yalu and 16k on Archmage, just single target.
    I assume you mean you had better results with CoS? Bloodtalons value in 5 mans depends a lot on having 2 charges before every trash pull, otherwise you're not going to have any benefit on your damage for the first several seconds of the pack which can be quite a significant chunk. On bosses though Bloodtalons should blow CoS out of the water.

I have a macro question. I have HT on my bar to use for bloodtalons etc. My normal healing macros are mouseover, aka put mouse over name in raidframes and heal. The problem I have run into is that with the raidframe macro I have to highlight myself to heal myself(aka I either want to or am just using HT in rotation) but it is a super pain to do that. However with no macro I am unable to heal others very quickly.

Does anyone have a macro/something that would allow me to both auto HT myself with no mouseover and HT others with a mouseover?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchesta08 View Post
    Does anyone have a macro/something that would allow me to both auto HT myself with no mouseover and HT others with a mouseover?
    /cast [@mouseover,nodead,noharm] [@player] Healing Touch

You could modify this one to

/cast [@mouseover,nodead,noharm] [@target,nodead,noharm] [@player] Healing Touch

if you want to have the possibility to heal your current target when there is no mouseover.
    I hope there are no typos or something. I cannot confirm this macro yet, I'm @ Office
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2014-11-27 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winchesta08 View Post
    I have a macro question. I have HT on my bar to use for bloodtalons etc. My normal healing macros are mouseover, aka put mouse over name in raidframes and heal. The problem I have run into is that with the raidframe macro I have to highlight myself to heal myself(aka I either want to or am just using HT in rotation) but it is a super pain to do that. However with no macro I am unable to heal others very quickly.

Why don't you just use DoC?

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I assume you mean you had better results with CoS? Bloodtalons value in 5 mans depends a lot on having 2 charges before every trash pull, otherwise you're not going to have any benefit on your damage for the first several seconds of the pack which can be quite a significant chunk. On bosses though Bloodtalons should blow CoS out of the water.
    Pretty much, yeah. If I get Everbloom as the CM again I'll try out what I normally use for comparison reasons.

So I am absolutely TERRIBLE at maintaining savage roar and using healing touch when PS procs. I think I need something in the middle of my screen to help me keep tracking...was thinking of trying out pawket's weakaura's and see if that helps because I've switched to savagery/claws of shrivallah in the meantime and I'd prefer to be doing more dps.

Any suggestions or is the weakauras one the best?

Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    So I am absolutely TERRIBLE at maintaining savage roar and using healing touch when PS procs. I think I need something in the middle of my screen to help me keep tracking...was thinking of trying out pawket's weakaura's and see if that helps because I've switched to savagery/claws of shrivallah in the meantime and I'd prefer to be doing more dps.

Any suggestions or is the weakauras one the best?
    weak auras is the most flexible and customizable. but you can also use tell me when aswell.

Thanks, trying it out now. Can I/should I macro healing touch into shred/rake/other stuff?