Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Before I do though I can say I'm 90% sure that 680 Skull + 680 Beating Heart of the Mountain will be the strongest pre-mythic combo.
    For you it will be 680 Beating of the mountain + 691 scales of doom i think.

Pawkets is SimC rotation for feral a little wrong? I do like 2k more dps in single target then Simcraft at 100% player skill. Selfbuff no food/flast/Bl/pot. And I turn of those in SimC too of course.

Quote Originally Posted by HellReaver View Post
    Pawkets is SimC rotation for feral a little wrong? I do like 2k more dps in single target then Simcraft at 100% player skill. Selfbuff no food/flast/Bl/pot. And I turn of those in SimC too of course.
    simcraft are programming tool for perfect `robotic` dps in certain time and interaction , it doesn't reflect people's reaction, attention and situation they are fighting in

Quote Originally Posted by HellReaver View Post
    I imagine you're comparing to Butcher or something? You need to set the criteria of the simulation to the same as the encounter you're doing or the DPS results are pretty meaningless, fight time is incredibly important and if you're not doing more DPS than a 450s sim (the default) on Butcher you're probably doing several things wrong.

Also, realize that most specs (feral included) have a 15% or so DPS range. This means that 95% of parses would fall within a range of +/- 7.5%, eg: if the sim says your average DPS is 33k then it'd be normal to see results in practice of anywhere between 30,525 and 35,475 DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    simcraft are programming tool for perfect `robotic` dps in certain time and interaction , it doesn't reflect people's reaction, attention and situation they are fighting in
    Completely wrong, don't spread misinformation please. The simulation is not perfect and does model reaction time as well the "situation you're fighting in" (if setup to do so). Primarily the action list can't possibly handle every intricacy of the rotation without being completely incomprehensible so a skilled player can certainly outperform it on average (although probably not by a margin of 2k).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

guess I fogot `trying` word before perfect,
    through it reflect the whole encounter mode , not more deeper sitation, such as go interrapt that, switch to that etc
    and many people have different reaction time and skills
    Last edited by Zstr; 2015-01-24 at 06:19 PM.

No I compare plain Dummy. Exact time and buffs. I think SimC even have execute? I don't have it on dummy. Ok let it be DPS range, but I doubt it a little. Anyway thank you for answer.

Its more of a factor than a lot of people give credit for. You'd want to beat on the dummy for about 60 minutes at least before you start to get a good average that will start to compare with SimC, and even then its still going to be subject to RNG.

For example, try running SimulationCraft at 10k iterations, then try running it a couple times at 3 iterations. You should be able to see a pretty massive swing in the DPS value, this is similar to what you're going to see trying to compare dummy tests. Here's what I get when I do this on my char (this is with an old version of SimC 'cause I'm too lazy to download the newest GUI version but the results should still be applicable):

10k iterations:
    32153 DPS

3 iterations each:
    30587 DPS
    31435 DPS
    31780 DPS
    31476 DPS
    31919 DPS
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-01-24 at 08:27 PM.

Im hoping im not abusing your help, but your advices really help me improve myself.

So after previous set of commentary i did some more HC runs (also to hit the magic 15 number of hc boss kills to get mythic cache mission), and here is the result, i think im improving. Note that i was getting tired towards the end of the raid, so mistakes probably were made in abundance for koragh/twins

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vCfzQX4T7RZWgrxM/

again, any criticism/advice very much appreciated
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2015-01-25 at 02:00 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

Would it be worth to do Bite on first 5cp on opener and then Rip on next to get the benefit of BT buff that aint present on first 5cp finisher during opener, or shud we just keep doing Rip on first 5cp to get it rolling?

Interesting, the coin has dropped off in favour for ST behind the 670 skull + 685 scales.

In your trinket comparison pawkets how long is your fight length set to? I assume there must be some fight lengths that change with coin cd breakpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Citano View Post
    Would it be worth to do Bite on first 5cp on opener and then Rip on next to get the benefit of BT buff that aint present on first 5cp finisher during opener, or shud we just keep doing Rip on first 5cp to get it rolling?
    No, because Rip downtime is bad. Rip -> BT FB is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyotta View Post
    Interesting, the coin has dropped off in favour for ST behind the 670 skull + 685 scales.

In your trinket comparison pawkets how long is your fight length set to? I assume there must be some fight lengths that change with coin cd breakpoints.
    The default, 450s +/- 20%.

Any tips on M Butcher?
    Im not used to havin BL on pull, how much should I delay berserk? (normaly pop berserk/TF before I apply my first rip)
    Other than that I feel like I got a good solid rotation untill the first charge, where I have just done a bite, and struggle to reapply rip before SR falls off. It normaly goes fine unless I dont get any crits or omen procs.
    I do my best to use line up SR so I have 2-5s SR left when I get Incarnation back up, and line up TF with 2nd berserk. (not always sucsessful )
    We are going the water tacktic, so Im not allowed to feral charge the knockbacks except the first one, should I run displacer beast insted or is there a place to stand so I wont get knocked back (close to the rib cage)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pusekatten View Post
    Im not allowed to feral charge the knockbacks except the first one, should I run displacer beast insted or is there a place to stand so I wont get knocked back (close to the rib cage)?
    Why can't you charge? Is it because of positioning behind the boss?

The correct thing to do is to use skullbash as soon as you get knocked back. That will charge you back in to exactly where you were, without getting behind the boss and standing in the bad stuff.

As for the delaying berserk, i don't. I just do my normal opener, using tf and berserk when im down to low energy.

Running NV can be helpful for healers on this fight. You will get 3 uses out of it.

What Izzyotta said. Also, you should be saving your 2nd inc/zerk for trinket procs (4 mins if you're using Skull of War or Coin) or execute range at the very least.

Mythic berserk timer is 4 minutes, so you use second incarnation/berserk at 3 minutes and save your second coin (if you have it) for that.

Oh, derp. Yeah that's what I was thinking of. I had my CDs backwards.

Well, finaly manage to kill that bastard last night
    Didnt try to skull bash the knockback, but will try to do so next week. Did how ever try to use blink, but it acts a bit strange, where it stops the knockback but leaves you mid air falling down.

Deleted
    Picked up my Feral as an alt again after a few years away from her and just wanted to thank you for the excellent guide. Should make getting back into things a lot easier ^^

What amount of mastery is needed for Thrash to be dps gain on single target over Shred? Or is this amount even reachable?

Skull of War stage 3 now ilvl 665 on live?
    Did I miss something?