Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Vikings V2.0?
    Vikings where also traders and explorers, what has ISIS done so far beyond slaughter and killing?

Deleted
    Alright guys, i forgot the /s marker in my comment.

I wasn't actually comparing the vikings and ISIS

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Baghdad Bob?
    yeah, that idiot.

I'm on the watchlist for enough shit as-is. Not gonna click and read this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Vikings where also traders and explorers, what has ISIS done so far beyond slaughter and killing?
    I guarantee if we let IS develop a little, they'd become traders too. Everyone is a trader. Let's not pretend that the Vikings didn't have their fair share of brutality.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Let's not pretend that the Vikings didn't have their fair share of brutality.
    I just don't think that's worth a story in itself because it's pretty much how the whole world operated in those times to one degree or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I just don't think that's worth a story in itself because it's pretty much how the whole world operated in those times to one degree or another.
    And ISIS still is "in those times." I think a better contrast between ISIS and the Vikings is how each group treated their own women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Anyone else care to tell me why no one should get involved to wipe these assholes off the planet?
    As someone who agrees with your opinions the majority of the time, I disagree here. Let the Muslims handle their own problems for once. I'd rather see our money spent in the U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    As someone who agrees with your opinions the majority of the time, I disagree here. Let the Muslims handle their own problems for once. I'd rather see our money spent in the U.S.
    We do still have an awful lot of sex slavery in the US we have yet to deal with.

Deleted
    Isis are a bunch of animals, in fact I think I'm not being too nice to animals, by comparing Isis to them. Any criminal would use any reason (even if logical or not) to justify his crime. These bastards are no different, they'd say anything to justify themselves, in this case using an outdated 1400 year old text as justification. Well we're not in the 7th century anymore, but these people, and this ideological current (I'm referring to wahabbism) has seen a sort of a renaissance in modern times. Why? I don't know, but this stuff isn't relevant in today's world anymore, it should have been confined to history. The truth is, Arabs are backward, and when dealing with backward populations there is a risk that backward ideologies take root. Wahabbism was actually confined to the inner Arabian Peninsula up until the mid 20th century. The Saudis have taken it upon themselves to spread their insane ideology to the rest of the muslim world, and unfortunately they've actually managed to do it quite well.
    Saudis will pay dearly for what they've done for the past 60-70 years, and truth be told, it's already starting to bite them back. They've created a monster, and now they can't control it anymore.
    Western support for the Saudi regime hasn't done anyone any favors, well except to the politicians on both sides. This stuff now reflects poorly on the entire islamic religion, and people everywhere are being affected by this out of control phenomenon, muslims and non muslims alike. Though objectively muslims are by far the majority of victims of this diabolical ideology that Isis upholds and believes in.

People in the west think Bashar al Assad, or Mubarak were "bad, evil dictators" not allowing democracy etc, but the sad reality is that they were the only ones that managed to keep control of this phenomenon, removing them from power means empowering murderous, insane and disgusting organizations such as Isis or Muslim Brotherhood. MB while more benign than Isis, share an alarming number of common beliefs.

Democracy as is practiced in the West, can not at this point in history be applied to muslim countries. The islamic religion has not reformed itself enough to become a benign ideology such as christianity or judaism.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-10-13 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    How can you have no issue with slavery?
    Because its reality. You think you arnt a slave? Try be a self-sufficient farmer who owns a piece of land and lives on his own? NO. forced taxes. you have to pay to own property, you you are forced to do work, and pay off. Slavery has many forms, many roman slaves were treated well and lived under better conditions than some free ppl.
    While not all slaves live under humane conditions, who are we to speak? we use dogs, horses and so on for labor.
    Slavery in all its forms and shapes has been a part of civilization for thousands of years.
    I study history 5th year University of Southern Denmark. nearly every aspect of my studies contain the horrible deeds done by humans. This is not news; human nature is as cruel and cold as it can be kind and gentle. I have no problem with slavery because its just another facet of our civilization. I do also believe in karma and hubris, and I do believe that only the lowest among humans would mistreat other humans(slaves or not) as well as animals or nature.

Justiying slavery for being anything else than exploitation and reaction of the sadistic or power hungry part of human nature is just lame, the koran being but an excuse to do this without feeling bad about it

evacuate civils and nuke them to ground.. ez... now i know why crusaders fought with them even though it was for wrong reasons shame they lost

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudjumper View Post
    Because its reality. You think you arnt a slave? Try be a self-sufficient farmer who owns a piece of land and lives on his own? NO. forced taxes. you have to pay to own property, you you are forced to do work, and pay off. Slavery has many forms, many roman slaves were treated well and lived under better conditions than some free ppl.
    While not all slaves live under humane conditions, who are we to speak? we use dogs, horses and so on for labor.
    Slavery in all its forms and shapes has been a part of civilization for thousands of years.
    I study history 5th year University of Southern Denmark. nearly every aspect of my studies contain the horrible deeds done by humans. This is not news; human nature is as cruel and cold as it can be kind and gentle. I have no problem with slavery because its just another facet of our civilization. I do also believe in karma and hubris, and I do believe that only the lowest among humans would mistreat other humans(slaves or not) as well as animals or nature.

Justiying slavery for being anything else than exploitation and reaction of the sadistic or power hungry part of human nature is just lame, the koran being but an excuse to do this without feeling bad about it
    Yes, I think I'm not a slave. You know how I know? I get to choose to leave and go to a different city, different country, different job if I so choose. I get to choose whom I marry or don't marry. I get to choose whom I have sex with or don't have sex with. I get to choose what sort of work I want to do in order to pay for my own existence.

Having to work and pay taxes in order to get by isn't slavery.

We do still have an awful lot of sex slavery in the US we have yet to deal with.
    If you're going to equate ISIS and Yazidi sex slaves to prostitution the kind of prostitution that happens all over the world, that would be amazing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you're going to equate ISIS and Yazidi sex slaves to prostitution the kind of prostitution that happens all over the world, that would be amazing.
    Not just prostitution. The sort of prostitution where you're taken from your home country, your passport taken away, thrown into a brothel ("Massage parlor") in some major city, and told you have to have sex with the men who come in because otherwise they'll kill your family back home. It's a common situation in the US. I have no issue with prostitution generally. I have a problem with sex slavery.

You're broadening the definition of slavery to ludicrous degrees in order to justify your point. That's a very interpretive take on the word "slavery" and not how most would use it in this context.
    Most people don't consider co-existence and interdependence to be slavery.

Ah, we're to twisting the definition of words now.

Yes, I think I'm not a slave. You know how I know? I get to choose to leave and go to a different city, different country, different job if I so choose. I get to choose whom I marry or don't marry. I get to choose whom I have sex with or don't have sex with. I get to choose what sort of work I want to do in order to pay for my own existence.

Having to work and pay taxes in order to get by isn't slavery.
    its not? you dont work for someone else but try to live independently, you are punished. its a soft form. regardless of if you think it or not, slavery been around for ages, just like rape, incest, murder, fights, ect. flame wars? everything an aspect of the human mind which will never change.

It's a shame to see a religion based on respect and honor being defiled in such a manner. If people read the original teachings and values of the Muslim faith, they'd soon see that even the views held by the majority of Muslims isn't quite in line.

Women never had completely equal rights, but were in a far, far better place then they are today. A lot of it's gotten confused, deliberately twisted and now you see the results today. It's a shame.

I see no problem with what ISIS is doing or their reasoning.