Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Action Combat MMORPG

Greetings.

I feel the MMORPG-well has run dry.
    I have played lots of MMORPGs that are out there yet I havent managed to find ONE good with action combat.
    Sure there are plenty great MMORPGs out there, like FFXIV, but those are are a bit slow and more tactical rather than fast paced pvp focused ones.
    Recommendations really appreciated.

Thanks

Rakion used to be decent once upon a time when the pay to win was less felt.

Now it's nearly dead, sadly.

TERA and Vindictus are the only full fledge action combat MMOs I know of. Everything else is sort of a hybrid thing. (With RNG stats and inflated white damage)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    TERA and Vindictus are the only full fledge action combat MMOs I know of. Everything else is sort of a hybrid thing. (With RNG stats and inflated white damage)
    TERA has some major flaws that make me hate it, but yeah the combat is great.
    Vindictus doesn't fall on the MMO category. It's instanced CO-OP game. At least that is how I remember it from last time I played it (maybe about 1 year ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    TERA has some major flaws that make me hate it, but yeah the combat is great.
    Vindictus doesn't fall on the MMO category. It's instanced CO-OP game. At least that is how I remember it from last time I played it (maybe about 1 year ago).
    I didn't know open world was a pre-requisite for a multi massive online game. Sorry.

You can try NWO, it's not full fledged action combat (to me) like TERA, I say it's more close to hack and slash.

You could try wildstar, it's fun at first but gets repetitive very quickly, but it does have a fast paced combat. I personally didn't care for it but I don't know of any other mmos that would fit the bill.

Deleted
    I didn't know open world was a pre-requisite for a multi massive online game. Sorry.

You can try NWO, it's not full fledged action combat (to me) like TERA, I say it's more close to hack and slash.
    Well, technically, MMO is massive multiplayer online game, which means many people online around you as you play the game.
    Instanced games like Vindictus may have the mmo feeling in Towns, but when fighting, if no-one is around you, that's a single player game (at least for me).

NWO has probably the worst customer support of any game out there. Wasted potential run by scumbags.
    Not to mention it's the pinacle of Pay to Win. Regardless, it's can't just be TERA and NWO out there, there must be others, betters!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    You could try wildstar, it's fun at first but gets repetitive very quickly, but it does have a fast paced combat. I personally didn't care for it but I don't know of any other mmos that would fit the bill.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IgVS9yNFGg

I have not played Wildstar, and probably wont, because of the video I linked.

cool well good luck with your search hope you find what you are looking for

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    cool well good luck with your search hope you find what you are looking for
    Thank you! It's really hard.
    I tried Blade and Soul on china server but it's lagging too much from EU.
    It's quite close to what I look out for though.

W* is full of sugar coating bull shit and isn't even close to action combat despite what people say.

Regardless, it's can't just be TERA and NWO out there, there must be others, betters!
    I'm pretty sure TERA, NWO, and Vindictus are the big 3 atm. GW2 is a hybrid sort of thing. There is a new korean one coming out, black gold I think it's called (I think it's shitty combat though, more white damage crap - closer to NWO combat)

I'm pretty sure TERA, NWO, and Vindictus are the big 3 atm. GW2 is a hybrid sort of thing. There is a new korean one coming out, black gold I think it's called (I think it's shitty combat though, more white damage crap - closer to NWO combat)
    Black Desert? That won't be here in the US/EU for quite a while.

There is an mmo called Black Gold but no one could ever accuse it of having action combat

Trials of Ascension. Check out the thread here on MMO-Champion, it's awesome!

Yea black desert.

These are fine games in the genre: Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, Neverwinter, Vindictus and Raiderz.

Though I suppose you know Neverwinter is somewhat problematic in terms of cash shop. The others are rather decent though and GW2 is a very fair deal; bang-for-buck.

Deleted
    I might give Vindictus another shot.

Black Desert online will take quite some time to release, it's in Closed Beta stages atm at least for Asia, not sure about western.
    Everquest Next is also a big title coming for the genre, but those are future stuff.
    I was hoping I'd have a good game to play for this month till I leave for my 9months trip away (army).
    Apparently ArcheAge did not cut it.

Vindictus here I come, again, I guess...

GW2 is not action combat, even if it was, it's supposed to have good PvP but it doesnt even have Duel function after all this time.
    I was a big fan of it on release, but gave it up shortly afterwards. (Guess I enjoy dueling with my friends a bit too much)

- - - Updated - - -

About the Neverwinter fiasco.

Let me give you an idea.
    Friend of mine, spend ~50 euro (being new to the game) trying to get some currency, and he got it, and bought a vorpal gem or something for his weapon.
    During an unfortunate attempt to change his weapons appearance, the gem got destroyed (he did not remove it from item beforehand).
    He lost the gem (money) - and the support said they could not retrieve it.
    I am pretty sure it was the game's issue.
    Play their games to have such awful support? No thanks.
    I wont be playing a single game from them again, sadly, cause there was potential.

GW2 is not action combat, even if it was, it's supposed to have good PvP but it doesnt even have Duel function after all this time.
    it's a hybrid combat, I quite like it but if you are looking for a pure action combat then sure it isn't it.

dueling is not pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    dueling is not pvp
    what is it? o.O

Ugh if only TERA would make improvements to it's actual game instead of adding more levels and dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

what is it? o.O
    There is "dueling" in GW2 but it's not something you right click a portrait and hit "duel"

what is it? o.O
    well i suppose if you want the strictest of definitions sure, but there is no consequences of dueling. it is like playing 1v1 basketball with your friend in your driveway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well i suppose if you want the strictest of definitions sure, but there is no consequences of dueling. it is like playing 1v1 basketball with your friend in your driveway.
    Agree, and that is a lot of fun.
    You can improve, learn your class, and your friends class, and understand mechanics of your abilities in certain ways.
    I enjoy dueling a lot, sure it has no punishment/reward/rating call it whatever you want, but I enjoy it mostly, and it's lack somehow ruined GW2 for me.

Only way to "duel" i found out is join same pvp match with a friend, in opposite factions and meet at "secret" spot *cough* under boat *cough*, which usually gets ruined when an uninvited guest joins.
    Unless, zito, you mean there's another way to "duel", in which case please elaborate